2 new Z06 & Shelby Kills @ Atlanta Drags tuesday

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Twister your on another planet man wake up. So those drivers sucked big deal.

And if your buddies are only trapping 122 in theirs they **** too.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same old garbage, you're just spouting off to someone other thanm me this time.

"I owned all Vipers, vettes ar faster, vettes are better ... etc."

Sure glad I don't live in your world. Vettes are faster? Since when? The old Z06s were 30hp more than the base models. vettes are better? Not gonna happen

Vettes come with Runcraps and they're smaller tires. Most vette drivers I talked to admit that their 430hp Z06s are way too much to handle and sooo great they never drive the car without the TC on. TC can easily slow the car down quite a bit. Try it since you don't seem to know any of this stuff bad.

This is a thread where the guy said the same as all the magazines, "I beat several Z06s and a Shelby at the track". The only time I read that vettes are better was at the end of the magazine article that praised the TD, ride control, heads up display, soft cushy floppy seats and el-cheapo price tag as makeing the vette the better choice. They never said buy a vette cause it's faster, or that it corners better.

The ZR1 got skinnier Viper tires (PS2s) for a reason. The vettes and Mustangs also got Viper designed transmissions for a reason.

"I'll bet you..." Yah, anyone offered to take you up on the cars you supply to race with??? LMAO what a joke.

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AS numerious people have attested two (INCLUDING THE RECORD HOLDER AND POSSIBLY THE BEST DRAG RACER IN THE COUNTRY ON STOCK TIRES )had the driver in the VETTE been equal to the driver in the Viper the results would surely had been different.The people in denial here are TRYNG to compare a high 10 second car (Furman has the record of 10.9 )with that og a mid 11 second car (Furman also has the record of 11.5 )

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Haha. This thread isn't about JF or YOU or "the vettes you know". This thread is about the poster blowing away a couple Z06s and a Shelby with ease! Rant somwhere else.

Did anyone read if these were the "fast" Z06s that were only made the last few years or the old Z06 that had almost no torque and 6L with only 430hp?

I guess it doesn't matter much. A Gen 2 with PS2s on it should eat a newer Z06 just because the guy bought the Gen 4 Viper tires!

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister your on another planet man wake up. So those drivers sucked big deal.

And if your buddies are only trapping 122 in theirs they **** too.
Exactly, these guys have EXTREMELY LIMITED experiance from either some track in the sticks of Canada or some back road somewhere and basically their posts reflect this.For years i raced one of the fastest Gen 2 pump gas NA cars out there.I ran 11.2 at near 132 and that car was a drivers race against a stock Z06.My Gen 4 ran 11.3 at 129.7 bone stock and that car also was a drivers race against a stock Z06.I mean equal GREAT drivers in both cars same day same track its no where REMOTELY CLOSE.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pS ITS TOO FUNNY HOW MY GEN 4 might HAVE HAD A TENTH on a Z06 BUT a Gen 2 could beat one.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know next time you go. We can kick some butt together. Great times.

Commerce is a little trip for me now, but used to race there all the time. It's still the closest (I think) 1/4 mile track to Chattanooga though. I wouldn't mind joining you guys if my schedule permits.

Have they given you any crap about running your vert there without a 5 point bar, driveshaft loop, etc? I actually just sent an email to someone there this morning asking what the provisions were for cars like ours. Just wondering how they are.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go back to around 99 i set up the GM HI TECH SHOOTOUT of the previous Gen Z06 against VCA Pres Joe Houss 99 Gen 2 at Englishtown NJ .The weather was HORRIBLE (close to 95 degrees )one run out of 5 Smith was able to break into the 11s at 11.9.Fast forward to late 2005 Super Chevy got one of the first current gen Z06s.Same driver same track again horrible weather (90 plus degrees running into a 10 mph headwind )I personally witnessed at least 6 runs 11.4-11.5 EVERY RUN (ITS ALL DOCUMANTATED ).In 2008 Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford ran my Gen 4 a few times 11.3- 11.5 in decent weather at E-Town .The Z06 and Gen 4 are extremely well matched much more so than trying to compare them to a Gen 2.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You're referring to the Gen 4 raffle car that 'your buddy' sold?

What's funny is that you can't read that HE BEAT THE Z06s. He wasn't guessing of recalling back to '99, he spanked those cars.

Deal with it! You remind me of Lanceromancer LMAO

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello- not that you would know anything about modern cars (as you have NEVER EVEN DRIVEN A NEW Viper )the reason he won was because its all in the driver and the guy in the Vett could not drive.Put Furman or Smith in that same Z06 and i will bet anything the Gen 2 LOSES Mit not even a race.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps as far as the raffle as usual your DEAD WRONG it was my car .The buddy of mine that listed the car for sale for me happened to be Joe Houss EX VCA PRESIDENT.LOL keep putting your foot in your mouth.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So you're saying that you're such a genius because you drove one of the years of Gen 4 Viper? Too funny ...

You should try going to a class with the SRT engineers, or maybe go to a VOI and speak with some tuners or other experts. Maybe just do what I do and take the cars apart and put them back together again for knowledge?

Anyway, if you insist that any vette driver that can't go 10s with a Z06 is stupid ... guess you're saying that the Gen 2 driver is great.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyway, bad 1 - I decided that although I like the new Vipers and ACRs they're just too slow for me so I bought another supercharged GTS ACR instead. This one is a Paxton supercharger and Nitrous (802rwhp) built by Macedo Motorsports (like the original build of my '01 GTS -750rwhp).

I don't want to drive a slow new Viper and they haven't cracked the controller yet so the Gen 4s are limited to 600rwhp. I don't understand how driving a slower, easier to drive car would make me smarter or more knowledgeable??? I turned down an offer to drive Dan's (Florida VCA) Orange Gen 4 because it's his car and there was no reason for me to drive someone else's car.

Ted

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Job OP...!!! Bitten..Swallowed...Digested...Regurgitated...Good snake..GOOOOOOOd snake

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BadGTs I really get annoyed of always reading your posts . Your negativety and outlashes toward the members on this board . Your wealth of knowledge on anything to do with cars :rolleyes:. Hijacking threads that have anything to do with corvettes to talk about how good they are and how much better they are than Vipers. I know your gods gift to earth I get it .... I get it....but really .

You are persistently negative ,hostile and spiteful. You deliberately annoy people.

I know your vindictive nature . So I looked up some other posts and it seems how I am not the only one that feels this way . Here are a few examples I found .

" Amazing how this fella's topic about NA HP , got turned into another 1BADGTS timeslip/trapspeed ******* contest. "

"I always love how people think they know more about my stuff than I do. I really don't care what it ran back at LPE nor was that even the topic of conversation. Car makes more power now than it did back then plain and simple. Thanks for the concern.
Leeland"

"Since this thread will no doubt become another comparison aka anti-Corvette thread, I'd just like to be able to say the words "EVAN SMITH" before 1BADGTS finds this thread and does so.
That is all. Thanks! "

" ^TOOL^ "
:rolleyes:

The more threads I read the more I wonder what you are doing speaking to people that are so inferior to yourself on this board .I also deleted half my rant because I noticed most of what I was about to post has already been said.
Surprised your not busy planning the Pope's day, or Giving Barack advise with your infinite wealth of knowledge. But I don't really need to go on. As I read a bunch of posts I found that there are plenty of other people that feel the same as I do . Why are you still on this board ?

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Good job OP. On that day, and that track, you beat the other cars. That's what racing is about, and that's all that matters.:2tu:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BadGTs I really get annoyed of always reading your posts . Your negativety and outlashes toward the members on this board . Your wealth of knowledge on anything to do with cars :rolleyes:. Hijacking threads that have anything to do with corvettes to talk about how good they are and how much better they are than Vipers. I know your gods gift to earth I get it .... I get it....but really .

You are persistently negative ,hostile and spiteful. You deliberately annoy people.

I know your vindictive nature . So I looked up some other posts and it seems how I am not the only one that feels this way . Here are a few examples I found .

" Amazing how this fella's topic about NA HP , got turned into another 1BADGTS timeslip/trapspeed ******* contest. "

"I always love how people think they know more about my stuff than I do. I really don't care what it ran back at LPE nor was that even the topic of conversation. Car makes more power now than it did back then plain and simple. Thanks for the concern.
Leeland"

"Since this thread will no doubt become another comparison aka anti-Corvette thread, I'd just like to be able to say the words "EVAN SMITH" before 1BADGTS finds this thread and does so.
That is all. Thanks! "

" ^TOOL^ "
:rolleyes:

The more threads I read the more I wonder what you are doing speaking to people that are so inferior to yourself on this board .I also deleted half my rant because I noticed most of what I was about to post has already been said.
Surprised your not busy planning the Pope's day, or Giving Barack advise with your infinite wealth of knowledge. But I don't really need to go on. As I read a bunch of posts I found that there are plenty of other people that feel the same as I do . Why are you still on this board ?
Point out factually one thing i have said thats not true -the problem is some dont want to hear the truth and sidestep the issue.The truth here (whether you want to hear it or not )is that had the driver of the Vette been any good there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY IN THE WORLD the Gen 2 could have one the race.As far as me being on this board LOOK BACK MY FRIEND i was on this board when it was created were you.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you're saying that you're such a genius because you drove one of the years of Gen 4 Viper? Too funny ...

You should try going to a class with the SRT engineers, or maybe go to a VOI and speak with some tuners or other experts. Maybe just do what I do and take the cars apart and put them back together again for knowledge?

Anyway, if you insist that any vette driver that can't go 10s with a Z06 is stupid ... guess you're saying that the Gen 2 driver is great.

Ted
Your arguing a point which as usual you have absolutely no first hand experiance with (when was the last time you went to a race track and personally ran any of the cars involved in this topic.).NEVER,NEVER .Whether you want to face it or not ...YOUR WRONG

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get it from the same place as you..And guess what..Only like 3 of the 30K Z06's out their have ever even touched 128 mph..

RANGER who is probally the best Z06 driver in the world has only hit up to 127 mph...

The few that have touched 127-128 mph were all in 1500 PLUS negative DA's....It would be like letting your car sit on the dyno for 3 hours and then starting it and doing a dyno pull on a 70 degree engine...Sure your stock Z06 will touch 470 rwhp..But do two more runs and let the temp get to 200 degrees..Suddenly your at 445 rwhp....

These negative DA's provide just that..While the rest of the country is raceing at normal engine temps of 200 degrees..

I didnt buy this crap two years ago..And I dont buy it now..
Bottom line, this day these drivers the Vettes lost !!:lmao:
Pete is a good driver.....he would also kick most everyone's ass here on the road coarse too :D

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,
bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,

Just thought I would translate for some of you guys that can't comprehend 1(usedtobe)badgts's posts.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the OP: Great job on the kills! I really don't care about the perfect cars with perfect drivers under perfect conditions. The FACT is, that you beat those cars fair and square. Good job :2tu:

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottom line, this day these drivers the Vettes lost !!:lmao:
Pete is a good driver.....he would also kick most everyone's ass here on the road coarse too :D
So then you would put up money then to back him against one of my guys in the Z06..LETS GO FOR IT THEN.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think the driver mod might have something to do with mid 12's in a Z06? he he he.

I just read you "rides" line. Whoa.....thats some stable!

If you could only have one on a desert island (one with a 2.4 mile road course and drag strip) which one would it be?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bl a,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla, bla,bla,bla,
bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bl a,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla, bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bl a,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,

When the hell are YOU going to do something ? Hell, I'll drag race you, autocross you, road course, out mechanic ..... we will foot race if you want to. I don't need a "guy" myself, *****.

:drive: :2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So then you would put up money then to back him against one of my guys in the Z06..LETS GO FOR IT THEN.
AT first I was having trouble beleiving that you would be dumb enough to call out a guy with a faster than low 9 sec Viper to race a dog Z06. Then I remembered that you called me out too. I'm not even sure if there's a racing Z06 that goes 9s. :dunno:

I understand you calling out a guy (me) that lives 4,000 miles away, but 1Tony1 is close enough that he might decide to lay a spanking on you, then have the magazines publish it.:lmao::headbang:

Tony - great translation!

Ted

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Point out factually one thing i have said thats not true -the problem is some dont want to hear the truth and sidestep the issue.The truth here (whether you want to hear it or not )is that had the driver of the Vette been any good there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY IN THE WORLD the Gen 2 could have one the race.As far as me being on this board LOOK BACK MY FRIEND i was on this board when it was created were you.

I don't need to try and find quote's that are false . I am just saying why do you have to be so spiteful and negative towards members . Always trying to rain on peoples parade .
What does our join date have to do with anything ? I am on here for the comradery ,gatherings and positive experience of the Viper nation. Not to be discouraging ,pessimistic and demoralizing towards others .

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't need to try and find quote's that are false . I am just saying why do you have to be so spiteful and negative towards members . Always trying to rain on peoples parade .
What does our join date have to do with anything ? I am on here for the comradery ,gatherings and positive experience of the Viper nation. Not to be discouraging ,pessimistic and demoralizing towards others .

well said:headbang:

and 1BADGTS, I would be careful who you are challenging to race when you talk to RTTTTed.:lmao:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21