2 PIECE ROTORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

STREET DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHO HAS PURCHASED 2 PIECE ROTORS ? AND HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM ? I HAVE SEEN THE EURO TECH'S, ARE THERE ANY OTHER ROTORS TO CONSIDER? THANKS :2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
WHO HAS PURCHASED 2 PIECE ROTORS ? AND HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM ? I HAVE SEEN THE EURO TECH'S, ARE THERE ANY OTHER ROTORS TO CONSIDER? THANKS :2tu:

Yes. Call Jon B at Parts Rack. I have two sets of them now. These are Stoptechs, the same rotors being installed on the new 2008 ACR.

Very nice pieces.

Dan

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have a SPECIAL on the new Slotted and drilled Baer Eradispeeds, nicely under $1300 for all 4. In Stock. Please seee our post under SUPPLIER SPECIALS

StopTechs are OEM on 2008 ACR, and we offer those , under $1600 / 4

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased a set of the Stoptech two-piece Aerorotors from Jon B. As others have mentioned, they are the functional equivalent of the ACR rotors. I have been very pleased with the performance. Here are some pics:

Initial_delivery_home_w_o_clearbra_2_10_08_035.JPG

Stoptech_Slotted_Aerorotors_02.JPG

/Rich

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stoptechs no doubt. You will notice a bit more bite and the difference in unsprung weight.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Part of the reason I bought my car was because of the brake upgrades (stop-tech rotors) saving about 36# of unsprung weight. I just upgraded those to lighweight 14" slotted rotors. Car has unbelievable stopping power now. I'd also suggest better brake pads and SS lines to go with the better rotors. Make sure you follow the pad break-in instructions to be sure that you get the benefits of the better brakes.

You must be registered for see images

I've got a classified for my Gen 2/13" lighweight rotors, lines and calipers. ViperClub Classifieds - complete front lightweight brake kit - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

I think they should have come stock on all Vipers. You can't have enough brakes.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Euro Tecks save an additional 4 pounds total over the stop techs, I am of course not saying they are better than the stop techs. Anyone else running the EuroTecks? They sure do look nice as well.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a SPECIAL on the new Slotted and drilled Baer Eradispeeds, nicely under $1300 for all 4. In Stock. Please seee our post under SUPPLIER SPECIALS

StopTechs are OEM on 2008 ACR, and we offer those , under $1600 / 4

What the ....:omg: I am paying more then that for mine I ordered 9 days ago. My price was $1605+$40 ship. I would hope if you were advertising a price on here that was 'cash only price' you would explicity state that. hmmm.... :dunno:

Damn Taliban... knowing him probably has me in the 'crappy customer pricing' group.:crazy2:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the stoptech drilled look pretty good.. this one was damaged in shipping and replaced

108.jpg

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went with the Stoptech's thru Jon B at Parts Rack. I wanted a quality name and was very happy with them. The Euroteks look nice but Ive heard many stories about that out of home business and I didnt want to have any worries. So I went with a trusted name. Go with Stoptech!!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with the Stoptech's thru Jon B at Parts Rack. I wanted a quality name and was very happy with them. The Euroteks look nice but Ive heard many stories about that out of home business and I didnt want to have any worries. So I went with a trusted name. Go with Stoptech!!

Out of home business? Where's the data on that bit?

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stoptech or our Euroteck Rotors are very good. The Bear rotors are a joke! They are not even a floating rotor, keep stock over those if you plan on going to the track!! We believe the design of our hat provides better cooling and heat dissipation then the Stoptech hat. Ours, Stoptech and Brembo are all very good brakes. Sometimes it comes down to looks, and people like our design. And yes, our slotted or drilled and slotted are the same price. We have had many customers track their cars who are very happy with ours, even the people who run that at the Viper Days events are very happy and have great things to say.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHAHA out of the home business? Anyone who wants to see our "out of the home" business is more then welcome to stop by our brand new 3,500sq ft. facility at

Euroteck Motorsports
4324 NW 120th Ave
Coral Springs, FL. 33065

Funny thing is, you wanted a trusted name, yet whoever told you that lie you were trusting and they just said that to get your business. Instead of talking the truth about a product they act like a salesmen just to gain your businss on what they sell. Which i do not consider trust. But its not like i do not know who said it anyway.....:rolleyes:

Anyone who has a question on our wonderful brakes, please ask Doug Levin, Woodhouse, underground Racing, or many cars at Viper Days events how they feel running our brakes. All the names above have installed and sell our brakes and are very happy with them.

Last edited:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to say I looked at both (stoptechs) and the Eurotecks; I went with the Eurotecks - they have a superior idonized finish and excel in the looks department......

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
give em a call, maybe they still have the pair.. there are a few dents around the rim as well

1021.jpg

Reaction score
We handle both the StopTech and the Euroteck rotors and have had great luck with both. The Euroteck products are a little cheaper to purchase and may be slightly lighter. Although anyone will tell you that it takes "mass" to dissipate heat in a braking system so the trade off of slight weight advantage would be lost in "on track" durability.

Either way some customers like the looks of the Euroteck offering better and some like the name the Stoptechs offer in my opinion you can't make a wrong choice with either.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have more pictures of the 2 piece rotors DRILLED only on an SRT10?

.....like these?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I really like the euroteks...I think the hats look nicer than the stop techs. I would have gone with them if they were available "drilled only". As a matter of fact, they originally were available in "drilled only" using stop tech aero rotors, but some a-hole(might be the same guy who told MikeR :quack: that eurotek is a comnpany run out of some guys garage), who had some pull with stop tech, put the kibosh on that deal. That guy *****:rolleyes:

drilled does not...more/better pics to come:2tu:

Last edited:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
drilled rotors are not for heavy use like open track or HPDE days, the metal will fatigue and crack/craze, and if not checked can result in the rotor breaking apart when the metal fails. Slotted are a safer bet if you do track driving.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with Stoptechs for the name, proven performance, availability of parts and knowledge base.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stoptech slotted two piece aero-rotors here. Love em. Also have their SS lines and am running them with EBC red pads. Great setup.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same exact setup and love it also. I did lots of research... Okay, okay i just copied Fast Too!

Stoptech slotted two piece aero-rotors here. Love em. Also have their SS lines and am running them with EBC red pads. Great setup.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 on adding stainless steel lines. I got mine through Stoptech/Partsrack. If you will be doing some track time, might be a good idea to go to Motul RBF 600 or comparable brake fluid:

Stoptech_SS_Brake_Lines_01.JPG

Motul_RBF_600_DOT_4_01.JPG

FYI, the Motul RBF 600 is the factory fill on the Viper Competition Coupe.

/Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4