2" Seat Lowering....Mayday, Mayday!

Bravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I finally got a kit from a Viperclub.org member. The kit is fine, but just looks really impossible to install the rear mounts.
Viper is 2000 ACR, the kit looks Northwind.
Iif I remove the hog rings in the front, remove the seat tilt cover, pull back the plastic hook in the front and peel the cover back, then I might be able to weasle the bolts in between the foam and through the pan to attach to the rear mounts which must be mounted to the floor first.
How then do you get the cover back on? It is wicked tight to the sides in the first place, and lowering the seat makes "the cork tighter in the bottle".
I spent the evening last night searching again for a diy / how-to with pics. Nothing but an older model that used the metal hook type fastener for the lower cover.
I really want this to work, but it's a PITA for sure.

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe you will be able to use the side hooks again. You will only be able to latch the front.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with the 1" adjustable kit as I anticipated exactly what you are having to deal with. It was a pain enough. But at 6' 4" I could have used the extra inch in my GTS. Good luck...

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't believe you will be able to use the side hooks again. You will only be able to latch the front.
Correct. I was unable to get the side to hook down. Other than that, just squeeze yourself between the foam and the frame and have at it.:2tu: