200 mile GT2. HOLY!!!

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pardon me for being ill informed but what do you mean by VOI9? I'm assuming it's your Viper, but was there a special edition that was only for sale at VOI9? I've seen others use the same term, but never had it explained to me.

Sorry to go off topic there. Back on topic, wow that's an impressive car will be very curious to see how it ends.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pardon me for being ill informed but what do you mean by VOI9? I'm assuming it's your Viper, but was there a special edition that was only for sale at VOI9? I've seen others use the same term, but never had it explained to me.

Sorry to go off topic there. Back on topic, wow that's an impressive car will be very curious to see how it ends.

VOI9 cars were white with blue stripes with VOI9 badging built in 06 to commererate the invitational, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe they were numbered 1 thru 200

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VOI9 cars were white with blue stripes with VOI9 badging built in 06 to commererate the invitational, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe they were numbered 1 thru 200

Exactly what I was wondering, thanks! Didn't realize VOI was such a big event that they would commemorate with a special Viper. Very cool.

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They only made 100 of the Ninth Viper Owners Invitational (VOI9)

Last edited:

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
does anyone think the floor in that thing is a little dirty and destroyed for only 213 miles??????:omg:

my car has 14k on it and it does not look that bad!:confused:

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the floor looks OK. I had emailed them to ask if it had the factory car cover, lithographs and pictures but no one ever got back to me. It will be on TV this weekend.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone know what day, time, channel? I would guess this car will bring less than we are all thinking. I just think there are fewer buyers, even for this car, compared to 2 years ago.

I'll set the over/under @ $120,000. Any takers? Over or under? What is your best guess?

harley56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the find! Mine doesn't have 200 miles, but does have <1000 miles so always curious what the market says they're worth.:)

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the floor looks OK. I had emailed them to ask if it had the factory car cover, lithographs and pictures but no one ever got back to me. It will be on TV this weekend.

Agreed, I had a very low mile 94' ZR-1, that looked the same. The seats look pretty "new", which is much more important. Sometime these super low mile garage queens go for quite a few "virtual test drives" if you know what I mean..

Anyone know what day, time, channel? I would guess this car will bring less than we are all thinking. I just think there are fewer buyers, even for this car, compared to 2 years ago. I'll set the over/under @ $120,000. Any takers? Over or under? What is your best guess?

Yeah, you might be right.. But there is always a market for a car like this.. $120-125k is probably pretty close to what I believe "market" value to be.. But all it takes is 2 people who "really want" this car, to jump that number up to $140-150k.. How many under 1000 mile GT2's are left? Where is the competition for this car?

Should be interesting.. Anything under $110k, and I would dare say this is a "buy". Even in this market.. Assuming

Last edited:

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mecum's auction is on Saturday night on the discovery channel. As for the market on these cars here are my observations. The highest I know of was 150K at Barrett Jackson a several years ago. That sort of really inflated the market. I know of a new one still on the MSO in the wrapper sold by the original Dodge dealer that received it from CAAP for 135K three years ago. Several have sold for much less with different levels of mileage.

About a year ago I personally know of two that sold, one from a dealer in Indiana for I think low 90s with under 50 miles still in the wrapper and another sold from a collector in Florida not really aware of the market with a few hundred miles in the 80s.

Recently I know of one that recently sold out of California between private parties for over 100K but less than 120K with 2000 miles and in like new condition from the second owner to the new third owner.

That is all I know from personal experience talking to either of the parties for accurate price info. I don't know anything about this # 18 car for sale at Dana'a auction.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They only made 100 of the Ninth Viper Owners Invitational (VOI9)

Being one of my favorite color combinations, you would think I would remember that....thanks for setting the record straight

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mecum's auction is on Saturday night on the discovery channel. As for the market on these cars here are my observations. The highest I know of was 150K at Barrett Jackson a several years ago. That sort of really inflated the market. I know of a new one still on the MSO in the wrapper sold by the original Dodge dealer that received it from CAAP for 135K three years ago. Several have sold for much less with different levels of mileage.

About a year ago I personally know of two that sold, one from a dealer in Indiana for I think low 90s with under 50 miles still in the wrapper and another sold from a collector in Florida not really aware of the market with a few hundred miles in the 80s.

Recently I know of one that recently sold out of California between private parties for over 100K but less than 120K with 2000 miles and in like new condition from the second owner to the new third owner.

That is all I know from personal experience talking to either of the parties for accurate price info. I don't know anything about this # 18 car for sale at Dana'a auction.

Les, thats interesting info. There are only a few American cars made in the last 20-25 years, that I would put in the same category as a GT2, with regard to collectability. A super low mile Buick GNX is one other that comes to mind..

I think under any economic times, there will always be a "buyer" willing to pay big for cars like these. Simply put, they are very tough to duplicate.

The problem I see with Mecum is. No cars seem to meet reserve.. Im certain the "seller" for this car, knows what he has.. AND, Im sure the reserve is set accordingly.. I guess it just depends if there is someone there who knows that car, and is willing to pay market..

Will it meet reserve? we'll see..

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been to several of Dana's auctions and sold my 66 Shelby drag car at his auction last year. It didn't meet reserve on the block but I sold it later off the block at the auction to the high bidder and made a deal with Dana on the commish. The point being many cars that don't meet reserve on the block sell later off the block. Clearly more cars are not meeting reserve recently due to the declining market. But most cars do sell at his auctions. Unlike other auctions Dana gets top quality muscle because he is willing to entice entire large collections and the seller knows unlike BJ if his reserve isn't met he doesn't have to sell the car.

Dana also owns a large significant collection himself so he is a businessman and a true collector. As a collector he knows where a treaure trove of rare muscle is located in other peoples collections so he gets the rarest and best muscle for his auctions. I recently bought a 4 speed HEMI Daytona from his collection one of nine left in the world out of the original 22 and am having it restored. I traded him a 65 Shelby and a couple GTOs plus some cash. The Shelby went into his collection where another collector dealer heard about it and bought it the next day from Dana. I say this because Dana really loves the cars he sells which makes his auctions very buyer and seller friendly IMHO. When you call him about selling a rare car he is just as likely to buy it for himself as opposed to sending it through his auction.

On May 17th in Indy Dana is selling the Dave Christenholtz collection. How he got Dave to sell everything I will never know but it is one of the best muscle collections in the world and Dana is selling it. I know the collection because I bought my 69 Yenko Camaro from Dave a while back and the cars are simply some of the best and rarest muscle cars ever assembled. Clearly the collectionis in the top ten in the world maybe top five?

In regard to the GNX I think the GT2 is far rarer and more desireable. I think Vipers in general more closely resemble the GNX. In that the low mile no story GNXs have doubled in value in the last two years. I think the next modern car to see big appreciation jumps are certain Vipers within the next five years. Just my two cents.:)

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the next modern car to see big appreciation jumps are certain Vipers within the next five years. Just my two cents.:)
08 SSG coupe, 06 VCA coupe #13, 02 GTS FE ACR #312,
99 GTS silver/blue, 98 GT2 #008, 98 GT2 # 089,
97 RT10 blue/white, 96 GTS, 92 RT10 #135

Wow! with a stable like that, you would probably gain tremendously if they do LOL! 9 Vipers AND two GT2s? I am green with envy :)

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words regarding the collection. I bought the Vipers because they are my favorite car. I paid too much for most of them so I will be graveyard dead before they turn a profit. LOL

Vipers in my opinion are modern day AC Shelby Cobra's or pre Fiat Ferrari's. Handbuilt big blocks ( I think they are big blocks even though Dodge's engineers won't concede the point) with instant iconic looks and unprecedented factory support. They actually require skill to drive and I love the fact they have stayed true to their purpose and have NO driver aids. Much like a high end baby grand piano which won't play itself a Viper takes real skill to drive well. I see them as historic and significant in automotive history. Dodge seems to listen to it's Viper owners and supports Viper Days and created the Comp coupe for us. I really and I admit I am biased think they are amazing cars. I can afford most anything and my car of choice after years of driving,racing and owning them all is the Viper. It seems to me to be the purest performance car being built today with the least amount of compromises and being a nervous Nellie I think the govt. in one way or the other is going to take away or legislate away our Vipers quite soon.

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Les, amazing collection you have. I attached a picture of my cars, along with my fathers. The Judge pictured is also a 1 (woman) owner car, with complete docs. P-O Plate, original sales order, service records, finance paperwork,even an insurance ID card from 1969.. Total numbers match car as well. Its a car my dad would not sell, ever. The vette is a 67' 427/390. 50k original documented miles.

again, what a collection you have... simply amazing.. Most Ram Air III's Ive seen, have PHS docs(as everyone does these days) and thats it.. Those docs, and what that car stands for, is absolutely priceless.

2000_Black_Viper_GTS_pictures_005.jpg

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taximan,

Those are some great cars. Isn't it amazing any old car like your dads Judge survived this long? 40 years ago no one thought of anything other than thrashing a car. Even in 1987 when I bought my first GNX new I just drove the snot out of it modified it and raced it at the strip I didn't think collectable at the time.

The survivor type cars really are fascinating. I recently located and spoke to the original owner of my Yenko and he sent me about 100 pictures from when the car was a day old until years later when he sold it. When he bought the car he had no idea what a Yenko was he only knew it came with a 427 in it and it was fast.

Years from now I am convinced people will be amazed any old Vipers still survive because most every Viper owners really drive their cars they way they are intended to be driven and most owners modify them. I think Vipers will be the muscle car of the future. But even more valuable since unlike the muscle cars which were for the most part assembly line built. The Vipers are mostly handbuilt. Viper parts for Gen 1 and 2 are already impossible to find. Just my two cents.

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taximan,

Those are some great cars. Isn't it amazing any old car like your dads Judge survived this long? 40 years ago no one thought of anything other than thrashing a car. Even in 1987 when I bought my first GNX new I just drove the snot out of it modified it and raced it at the strip I didn't think collectable at the time.

The survivor type cars really are fascinating. I recently located and spoke to the original owner of my Yenko and he sent me about 100 pictures from when the car was a day old until years later when he sold it. When he bought the car he had no idea what a Yenko was he only knew it came with a 427 in it and it was fast.

Years from now I am convinced people will be amazed any old Vipers still survive because most every Viper owners really drive their cars they way they are intended to be driven and most owners modify them. I think Vipers will be the muscle car of the future. But even more valuable since unlike the muscle cars which were for the most part assembly line built. The Vipers are mostly handbuilt. Viper parts for Gen 1 and 2 are already impossible to find. Just my two cents.

Agree with your comments 100%.. It is amazing.. Some of the docs associated with the Judge my father has is amazing. And the fact you can talk to the original owner of a Yenko, in 2008. Is amazing as well....

I bought a 2002 Z06 new.. And saved EVERYTHING.. I mean everything down to the little yellow sold tag, they put in the window,plastic,GM cardboard mats,dealer paperwork, oil filters,EVERYTHING.... Ended up taking the car to auction in 2004, where it was just "another" pre-owned corvette.. Got bored of it, to be honest. But still have all the docs for it. I figured if I left it in the car during preview, it would do a disappearing act. But part of me is wondering if anyone will contact me.. If they do, I have a pleasant surprise for them.

I agree on the Vipers.. I actually no longer own either one of those GTS's... Im sure I'll kick myself one day. But storage,maintenance,etc,etc. was really the motivating factor, to sell them.. Im sure you can relate :). Im VERY meticulous with my cars, and if I dont have the time to properly keep them up, I prefer to just unload the car to someone who will. The black/silver stripe GTS was especially hard to sell. It had a presence, that just could not be duplicated by any other color combo.

I WILL own another GTS.... Im torn between an 01' Saphite/Silver ACR(Just missed one in TX), 2002 FE ACR, or 2002 Bumble Bee ACR... I will own one of those 3 cars, as soon as I find the right one.. For now, Im enjoying the 2006 VOI9 I just picked up, with 360 miles..

Again Les, awesome collection... Do you own any Vipers you put miles on? With West Coast weather, it must be painful NOT to use any of those cars.. Especially that VCA.. 17 miles.. WOW..

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive the 08,97,96 and one 98 GT2 except in the summer when it's 118 in the shade. Then I drive a white expedition.:) I am trying to drive the 08 everyday when I can.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very interesting, but if you listened in my opionion did not describe the car correctly and it seemed as they thought it was a viper with oreca seats. That wasn't a bargain it was a steal. I would have purchased that car, I would have imagined a substantially amount of money more than what it sold for, but someone got a great car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang