2000 and newer baffled oil pan?

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I learned that the 2000 and newer models have a deeper oil pan to help with starvation on the track. Is this worthy or does it make sense to get a baffled pan with trap doors? Where do you get one?

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wouldn't consider myself an expert in this area, but I did ask the same question of Archer Racing at the ViperDays Nationals in Texas about a month ago. I wasa told that they would swap your stock oil pan plus some cash for one that they had modified with the "trap doors". If you are going to be serious about racing and beef up the brakes and tires, you will be pulling more G - forces and be happy with any extra protection for you engine. I didn't find the oil pan listed when I just checked their website, but you could always give them a call and ask. Their website is: WWW.archerracing.com - Good luck!

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's the pan that I have and it works very well to stop high-g starvation. It's made by K&P Engineering, 303-697-5821. It can be done with either the pre 2000 pan or the 2000 and after pan. I have the 2000 pan which holds 10 quarts and it works very well for me under track conditions. In my opinion, your best bet is to get the 2000 pan, the 2000 gasket and the 2000 windage trey. If you need the part numbers, e-mail me. Here's a picture of the modification to the 2000 pan. K&P will modify your pan, if you send it to him or you can buy it through Woodhouse.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang