2000 dodge viper gts review

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Honestly I think there are probably more than 450 reasons why I wanted this car!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$97,615 as tested in 2000. Cognac with no stripes. GenV looks like a deal in 2013 dollars.

slowfrc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$97,615 as tested in 2000. Cognac with no stripes. GenV looks like a deal in 2013 dollars.

I saw that and thought it was a typo. I thought GTSs stickered for mid 60s and had less than half a dozen possible options. If that number is right someone please explain how.

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's a Canadian car and while I think the newer ones were closer in price to the US cars, Canadian cars are just plain more expensive on the whole. The Saturn was over 25k and that would not be the price in the US. I think it's as simple as that. You should see Corvette prices over there. They are about 15K more at base than the vettes in the states AND they have the flat 13% tax on top of that. A base vette is often about 70ish grand out the door compared to maybe 50k over stateside.

I saw that and thought it was a typo. I thought GTSs stickered for mid 60s and had less than half a dozen possible options. If that number is right someone please explain how.

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"...a six speed manual box that's remarkably refined. The throws are short, the gate well defined."

Apparently he's never driven a car that has a good shifter in it :lmao: Fun video to watch though, and he got most things spot on.