2002 ACR Final Edition... Anybody Here ?

notixplz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever it was got a nice ride. You can tell the previous owner took care of his toys.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good cars. Good prices :drive::2tu:

And, sure - proud of - the original tires with a lot of thread left ...:crazy2:
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The original tires on this car probably make it even more desirable. It's really not a driver anymore... Maybe 200 miles a year if at all. If you put 7,000 miles on this car it will drop at least $15-20k. This is a collector much like a GTS-R at half the price. This car has all the doc and a couple of nice reversible mods with all original parts like new and included. Red ACRs are pretty rare with or without stripes. These don't come along too often.
Good cars. Good prices :drive::2tu:

And, sure - proud of - the original tires with a lot of thread left ...:crazy2:

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price seems kind of high even for a FE ACR. Very nice car though. There were 2 of them on Ebay last year. Wonder if this is one of them.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very surprised it sold for that much.
While 5300 is low mileage on most cars, it's too much for "put away" and never drive status.

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, its a nice rare car but not at the "never drive it because I don't want to scratch it" mileage. At 5k miles I would drive it on the perfect days but keep the miles low. I passed on a 97 B/W GTS with 2k miles because I felt it was right on the edge of never drive it and throw it in a bag condition or turn it into a perfect once in awhile warrior. I found one with 8k and I feel better about putting 5-700 miles a year on it.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The original tires on this car probably make it even more desirable. It's really not a driver anymore... Maybe 200 miles a year if at all. If you put 7,000 miles on this car it will drop at least $15-20k. This is a collector much like a GTS-R at half the price. This car has all the doc and a couple of nice reversible mods with all original parts like new and included. Red ACRs are pretty rare with or without stripes. These don't come along too often.

I do stand corrected on the build info... There were actually more total red gen2 ACRs that any other color as they were made over all 4 years. Nonetheless this is still extremely desirable...

International Viper Registry

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Total 2002 ACR Built 159..... and the FED ACR was the LEAST rare of 2002 ACRs:

1 was a raffle car blu/silver
14 were solid yellow
17 had Red/silver stripes;
17 were solid Graphite;
22 were Graphite/Stripes;
26 were Yello/Black Bees
28 were solid red;
34 were FED-ACRs with Red/white.

I am delighted to see the "Final Edition" cars are holding good values.....even with 360 of em, more than any other special edition. It should speak well of the Gen 4 FEDs, with only 50 of em....

PPS: if the new owner plans on driving those 2000-2001 date coded tires, I hope its is low and slow......perfect example of a 10-year-old tire that looks great / little traction.

Last edited:

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good price for a good car. I think it will actually prove to be a good deal looking back in the coming years. The GTS (IMHO) is special. I dont think you are likely to see a car like this produced again. A clean original example will be coveted.

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good price for a good car. I think it will actually prove to be a good deal looking back in the coming years. The GTS (IMHO) is special. I dont think you are likely to see a car like this produced again. A clean original example will be coveted.

I like that Bumblebee ACR in your garage. :2tu:

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I sometimes think of selling it but I always get cold feet. I have only put 2800 miles - its a No Comfort car. Took me a long time to find it when I bought it way back when off a dealers lot. Looked for a long, long time to find one..there were not too many made. Its awesome...Just an awesome car. Bad to the Bone!

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very surprised it sold for that much.
While 5300 is low mileage on most cars, it's too much for "put away" and never drive status.

maybe for you...you get what you pay for. the new owner couldn't be HAPPIER!!!

Solid Yellow ACR - ViperClub Classifieds would this be put away or drive status to you? lol

2002 Final Edition #338
Red White Stripe
7000 miles MINT

ORIG. Tires rollin in the Rocky Mtns.

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe for you...you get what you pay for. the new owner couldn't be HAPPIER!!!

Solid Yellow ACR - ViperClub Classifieds would this be put away or drive status to you? lol

2002 Final Edition #338
Red White Stripe
7000 miles MINT

ORIG. Tires rollin in the Rocky Mtns.

You just need to learn more about Vipers, enthusiast.
Cars are terrible investments, anyone who would put away a 7K car to store and not use is an idiot.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. 9 out of 10 "time capsule" cars you see at auction don't come close to returning 5% APR on the original money used to buy them. :drive:

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just need to learn more about Vipers, enthusiast.
Cars are terrible investments, anyone who would put away a 7K car to store and not use is an idiot.

Easy there fella.

I bought my first viper, also a 2002 FE to enjoy, not to worry about a car investment. Viper owners know snakes hold their value very well, and hope to sell them at a premium. You should be cheering for the buyer and the seller of that '02 FE.

I will be garaging my 2nd. viper shortly, a Gen 4 just like you, BUT I am not thinking about put away, miles, or an investment... just pure FUN!

VIPERJON, You really should think before typing.
Why would you call Ralph Gilles, Jay Leno, and Bob Woodhouse, etc. an idiot?

Perhaps you are the enthusiast.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy there fella.

I bought my first viper, also a 2002 FE to enjoy, not to worry about a car investment. Viper owners know snakes hold their value very well, and hope to sell them at a premium. You should be cheering for the buyer and the seller of that '02 FE.

I will be garaging my 2nd. viper shortly, a Gen 4 just like you, BUT I am not thinking about put away, miles, or an investment... just pure FUN!

VIPERJON, You really should think before typing.
Why would you call Ralph Gilles, Jay Leno, and Bob Woodhouse, etc. an idiot?

Perhaps you are the enthusiast.

Anyone who would put away a Viper with 7K on the clock for future return on investment is an idiot.
It has far exceeded collector miles status.
You are saying those three names did that? Your post is nonsensical. What on earth are you talking about?
As for enthusiast....I can only read what it says under your name.

paul fettig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is an 2001 ACR for sale in Roseville,California. Supposedly the guy who owns it is a car collector.Its at a dealer: Roseville Infinite. I am told its a consignment deal.
Selling Price $60,590 Sale Price $49,990 View Details Engine: V10 8.0 Liter Transmission: Manual Color: Red VIN: 1B3ER69E71V704215 Stock No.: 25959 Miles: 4,099

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey JonB, that production number breakdown is very interesting. How many 2002 FE ACRs were built with the weight loss package?

Hey Steve!

If course I forgot to post that trivia tidbit, Good Catch!

The answer appears to be ZERO! In that all 34 of the 2002 FE ACRs did add the "comfort group" option. Why? FE was built as a 'spec' car, with white stripes, black/red stitch interior in all, no Connelly options. Marketing originally spec'd FEs with a GT-2 wing, but found it to be too expensive.

The base Gen 2 ACR did NOT include Radio and A/C. However in 2002, 8 non-FE ACRs did NOT choose the "comfort group" option of radio and A/C. [And half of those were DEALER ORDERING MISTAKES, and at least 1 buy-back dispute occurred. ]Lesson was learned, and for Gen 4 ACR made the A/C and radio standard, and the buyer-dealer had to DELETE it to add the ********* Track Option.

Last edited:

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
vj, you haven stated your opinion, and I have mine. People store cars for many different reasons, money, gifts, resale, etc. Not just what you think is right. Now wouldn,t it be nice to give a family member a nice 7k FE for a special gift. I would do it a heartbeat. think about it and lighten up

The moderators had deleted my account due to lack of use/email account change errors. I could care less about status names or especially thousands of posts.

Dave

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Steve!

If course I forgot to post that trivia tidbit, Good Catch!

The answer appears to be ZERO! In that all 34 of the 2002 FE ACRs did add the "comfort group" option. Why? FE was built as a 'spec' car, with white stripes, black/red stitch interior in all, no Connelly options. Marketing originally spec'd FEs with a GT-2 wing, but found it to be too expensive.

The base Gen 2 ACR did NOT include Radio and A/C. However in 2002, 8 non-FE ACRs did NOT choose the "comfort group" option of radio and A/C. [And half of those were DEALER ORDERING MISTAKES, and at least 1 buy-back dispute occurred. ]Lesson was learned, and for Gen 4 ACR made the A/C and radio standard, and the buyer-dealer had to DELETE it to add the ********* Track Option.

In 2001 there were only 4 (ACR's I mean not FE's)

Not to take this too off topic but what percentage of Gen IV's were ordered without radio and AC?

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearly anyone that has any Viper owns a very special car that transcends typical automobile ownership. Vipers are the first true American Exotic car and they have real racing prominence. The people on this forum share a common interest in these rare and highly desirable cars. Only a tiny percentage of people will ever own one and for most people that is good enough reason to put one away as a keepsake more so than investment. I commend the folks on this forum for seeking out this type of individuality with a great American car in a great country. I commend the person that bought this car for seeking out and obtaining what IMO is one of the Best of the Best.

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearly anyone that has any Viper owns a very special car that transcends typical automobile ownership. Vipers are the first true American Exotic car and they have real racing prominence. The people on this forum share a common interest in these rare and highly desirable cars. Only a tiny percentage of people will ever own one and for most people that is good enough reason to put one away as a keepsake more so than investment. I commend the folks on this forum for seeking out this type of individuality with a great American car in a great country. I commend the person that bought this car for seeking out and obtaining what IMO is one of the Best of the Best.

v10enomous, amen brother I couldn't agree more, not only for the owners, but for the future viper owners who are focused on having a piece of history in their garage. Not everyone shares the same thoughts or actions, but like you stated we all have a great common interest. "Keepsake" is the choice word here! GREAT post v10 :usa:

Dave

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to respectfully disagree with JonB in this rare instance which almost never happens given his expansive Viper history. While other 02 ACRs were built in less volume and are therefore more rare it has been my experience that being more rare doesn't always mean more valuable? In many instances a car can be more desirable and thus more valuable yet built in higher volume. The 360 Final Edition 2002 Vipers had a unique color/stripe scheme were numbered and had a link to some Viper racing history adding to their collectability in my humble opinion. The final edition ACRs are in my not very objective opinion more desirable from a collectability standpoint.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten