Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne,

You work for these guys or something?
You must be registered for see images

They are right down the street from my house. I wouldn't buy a car from them, due to some observations I have made looking at various cars there (actually it was the same Viper I saw there 3 times that made me go hmmmm).

They are not a Dodge dealer, so if they are saying to reserve a 2003 now, they have no reason to say that. They MAY have agreements in place with Dodge dealers to buy the cars, but they are even less likely to get the '03 Vipers they want than a Dodge dealer would be.

My 0.02

OP
OP
H

Hisser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, no I dont work for them. I was just looking at Vipers since I have mine for sale and noticed they were placing adds everywhere and were reserving the 2003 as if they new all about them and they dont. We all know the real deal from comments on the board here as to we better have our butts up at VOI.7 and we might get a chance at one if we like it. I just wanted to see if anyone knew what their deal was and you just told me what we needed to know. Thx Mike...

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 1999 red RT/10 from Todd at Bay State Motorsports in March of this year.
Professional, courteous, honest, and friendly are words that come to mind when I think back on the transaction. My car had 4200 miles on it. The transporter who trailored the car down was overly impressed by it's condition. Todd offered my my money back if the car didn't check out by my local Viper tech. The car not only checked out beautifully mechanically but when the Viper tech put the car on the lift he couldn't get over that the areas that tend to show wear and abuse (ie. under the side sills, skid plates, under the front fascia, chrome rims, etc.)were pristine.
These guys are first class. They not only sell cars but they love exotic cars as well.
Nothing but a pleasurable experience from this buyer.

ELW98

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bought mine from Todd at Baystate AAAAAA+++++++++ Would definetly buy my next one there also!! Class outfit!

Thanks Todd

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This comment is not meant to reflect on Baystate. Just something I have learned over the years about buying and selling cars. Dealers, used or new, love to sell expensive "sport cars" to customers who live in the same state. Many times the buyer is so eager to buy(impulsive) that he does not realize he made the wrong choice or paid/borrowed too much until a few months later. Then he, the buyer, calls the dealer back to see if he will buy it back. Of course the dealer is ready to buy it back...at a significant discount. End result, buyer learns a lesson the hard way and Dealer gets to resell the car AGAIN. Maybe 2 or 3 times. This also applies to cars that the dealer sells to customers in states that are close to the dealer. Now there is nothing wrong or illegal about this, it is just the way the buisness of selling "Sport Cars" is done. This is even more apparent with the big ticket items like a Lamborgini Diablo.($275K) I talked with a local dealer about buying one he had in stock and he told me that he would prefer to sell it to me because I lived in his state and he new there was a good chance he would get it back again and be able to sell it again. He preferred this to selling the car to out of state customers, which he did often.
So he was telling me, right up front, that I probably was going to regret the purchase. I couldn,t believe he said that. I also did not buy the car and got out of there as soon as I could. Bottom line, do not buy the first day you see the car. Go home and sleep on it for a day or two. Amazing how your feelings can change when you get out of the high powered sales pitch of a good salesman while starring at the beautiful car!

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, time for my 2 cents here...

I too am a dealer. Not much experience...less than two years. Prior life was Navy Officer. 16 years active, and still a reservist. I don't sell Vipers or any other exotic. My inventory, which averages in number anywhere from 35 - 50 vehicles, has an average age of nine years. I sell mainly cash-only. Less than 10% of sales I finance in-house. Monthly sales in recent months have averaged 24 vehicles (yep, I use "average" a lot!).

My bread-and-butter vehicles are Ford F-150s, Dodge D-150s, Chevy C-10s, Blazers, Ramchargers, Broncos, Camaros, Spirits, Cavaliers, 5.0 Mustangs, Monte Carlo SS', and some older (mainly Mopar) muscle cars. The occasional Neon, Probe, Intrepid, Lincoln, or even Range Rover sneaks in there.

I recently sold a 1992 Chevy S-10 ext cab 4x4 (70K miles) for the fourth time in nine months. Why? The first buyer is a friend of mine and decided he needed something bigger. He initially wanted that truck because he thought it would be better on gas than a full-size truck.

The second buyer wanted a new $30,000 truck on a $4000 budget. After he complained that it rode too rough and occasionally made a "popping" sound in the front suspension once a week or so, he decided that he made an error and needed a newer truck. I then traded him into a low-mileage 97 F-150.

The third buyer wanted a small 4x4 to use during hunting season. After hunting season, he decided he wanted a cheap SUV to get ready for beach season. He traded it in on an 87 K5 Blazer.

The fourth buyer bought the truck a month ago, ripped out the 4,3 V-6 and dropped in a ZZ3 350 crate engine, stronger tranny, etc, lifted the hell out of it, put on big 38 inch tires, and is currently enjoying the 3rd or 4th level of redneck heaven.

People are fickle. Needs and desires change. In all cases, the buyers returned to me because I treat my buyers like they are the most important people in the world to me. They are in a way...they pay my bills and allow me to provide for my family and buy Vipers and Mopars for myself!

I very much want the S-10 back when the current owner tires of it. I can sell the hell out of lifted trucks in my 'hood ;-)

(BTW I love my job. Not just being my own boss, but being around vehicles all the time is a motorhead's dream!)