2003 RT/10 @ Dallas Auto Show

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK...I flew all the way from California to Dallas, Texas to see the new 2003 RT/10 in person. I must say I like the car and I will purchase one but - I really wish they would have made them look more like the GTSR.

The car is more impressive in person. The fit and finish on the car was not very good. I'm sure this is not a good example of the actual production car. I was a little upset that they wouldn't open the hood and let me take a few shots of the engine. They said there were no Dodge people on site that had the keys. I flew out 1300 miles and can't even see the engine!

If there is anyone from Dodge reading... Maybe you can help set up a peek under the hood tomorrow before I depart for California?

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry, I wish I had known you and the '03 were in Big D, I would have flown out to see you (have two obligations tomorrow). What was the occasion for the appearance and how come this is the first I've heard of it? (of course I was in Hawaii all last week and didn't check the board).
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is one of about 6 places the 2003 will be on display this year. It's at the Dallas Auto Show through Sunday I think - at the convention center. I just got a little crazy and decided to fly out to see the car. I have heard that this may be the closest it gets to California this year.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry, glad you made it to Dallas ok. Hope to see you at breakfast in the morning, rain OR shine!

Now, I could be wrong, but I have reason to believe that the NEW motor is NOT in that showcar. I was also unsuccessful at getting the hood raised on Wednesday, as the show opened.

It's nice that the display platform is so small, and you can get very "up close and personal" with the car. However, like you said, up close it's in MAJOR need of some Zaino!!!! This was also the first time I've seen it on display with the new top UP, other than the factory photos with the black background.

I shot quite a few "mega-pixel" pictures with my digital camera, that will blow up to very sharp 8x10's, but do not want to post
here because of their size. If anyone would like to see them, let me know and I'll e-mail.

You have to SEE the car in person to appreciate it. It's still a magnet..... and I heard NO negative comments while loitering there for an hour. We're it's toughest critics. Can't wait to get mine!!!