2003 viper srt for only 57k

rbarta

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like an accident victim.

I'm suspicious because of how the color of the front bumper and fender just changes at the hood crease...in both pictures.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A bid price of $57k or any lowball number on a car with bad paint match etc. (read: stories) and an all too familiar line contained in the ebay ad, "I am selling this for a friend but I have been around the car since day one" doesn't mean too much. Buyer beware (duh).

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigCarrot - was the paintwork really that bad? I mean from the pics it appears the bumper cover is a completely different color!!!

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am on AOL and ran the email name in the add, the profile is some lady in ohio, which means i dont know what

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, well now that I won the auction I can fess up and tell you that the car was nice! ;) It had a few scratches under the nose, but was in great shape otherwise. And I didn't pay what it took to win the auction. I struck a deal with her before the auction ended, but after the reserve had been met, so I bid it up to ensure victory! Whew! I've got some aftermarket parts to order! Alice M. Adams, now that I have two Vipers, will you love me? If you don't want to come to Dallas, I could go there!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. With a nice healthy extended warranty and the trunk kit. I don't think that's the norm, I just got a good deal. I also actually bought almost the exact same car with the same miles here in Texas yesterday for $60k. I already sold it. ;)

Z06J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man it looks like the only cars holding their value are GTS coupes. Congrats on the purchase Carrot!!!

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that on E-Bay there are only 49 Vipers (2 are pickups and don't count) and of those only 1 is a Gen 2 GTS.

Go Figure

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go...

Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee! No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 (1B3JR65Z13V500679). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

You must register at www.CARFAX.com to activate this free guarantee!

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 (1B3JR65Z13V500679) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This convertible has had 1 owner in Michigan. The first title for this convertible was reported to CARFAX by a Michigan DMV in 2003.
It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. The last odometer reading, reported on 03/20/2003, was 12 miles.
It was not reported to a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
CARFAX estimates it has 15 months or 35,988 miles remaining on the basic warranty. The basic warranty provides bumper-to-bumper coverage.
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary
1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported
2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found
3. LEMON CHECK®
No Mfr. Buyback Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 1 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Checked 8 Types of Vehicle Registrations
5. RECALL CHECK
DODGE Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX
6. WARRANTY CHECK
An Estimated 15 Months or 35,988 Miles Remaining on the Basic Warranty. Interested in an Extended Warranty?
DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 6 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED
Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Year/Make/Model: 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10

Body Style: CONVERTIBLE
Engine: 8.3L V10 ALUM SFI
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: UNITED STATES
Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM CD, Power Brakes, Retractable roof, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still looking for the perfect DODGE VIPER SRT-10? Check out a list of them in your area.

FREE to you from CARFAX. With the CARFAX Vehicle History Report, you get all this additional information to help you make the right decision when buying or selling a used car or truck.

How safe and reliable is this 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10?
Find out with the CARFAX Safety & Reliability Report.

Looking for other 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 vehicles like this one in your area?
Get a complete, up-to-date list of CARFAX Hot Listings

What are other CARFAX customers saying about this 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10?
Share what you know about this vehicle - Add a CARFAX Customer Rating & Comment.

Helping your teen learn to drive?
Get safe teen driving tips and information with the CARFAX Safe Teen Drivers Program.

Total Loss Check:

GOOD NEWS! No severe damage events were ever reported by a DMV for this 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 (1B3JR65Z13V500679). If you find that any of the following severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Salvage Title Loss Due To Fire Title
Junk Title Flood Damage Title
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Hail Damage Title
Dismantled Title Canadian Total Loss

Other Accident Indicators:

This 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 (1B3JR65Z13V500679) had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
No Police Accident Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported

CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 24.Dec.2004 03:54:24. New data will result in a change to this report.
Not all accidents are reported to the Police. Tell us if you know of other fender benders, accidents or damage.

Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

GOOD NEWS! No major odometer problems were ever reported by a DMV under the Truth-In-Mileage Act for this 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 (1B3JR65Z13V500679). If you find that any of the following odometer problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Not Actual Mileage Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.
Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses an

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX found no odometer rollbacks for this 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 (1B3JR65Z13V500679). Rollbacks reported in this section originate from readings collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Mileage Consistency Check:

CARFAX found no inconsistent odometer readings in the mileage history of this 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 (1B3JR65Z13V500679).

Date: Mileage:
03/03/2003 6
03/20/2003 12

Do you know this vehicle's current mileage? Tell us and help protect others from mileage fraud.

GOOD NEWS! No manufacturer buyback was ever reported by a DMV for this 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 (1B3JR65Z13V500679). If you find that a manufacturer buyback was reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 (1B3JR65Z13V500679) had 1 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner 03/20/2003 Michigan

CARFAX AdvisorTM
The cost of ownership varies by vehicle. Go to Edmunds.com to check the recommended service schedule and estimated costs for this vehicle.

Types of Owners:

This 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 (1B3JR65Z13V500679) was checked for 8 types of registrations.

Personal Use Registration Reported No Fleet Registration Reported
Lease Registration Reported No Commercial Registration Reported
No Rental Registration Reported No Non-Profit Registration Reported
No Taxi Registration Reported No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported

Do you have information about how this vehicle was used or driven? Tell us what you know.

DODGE does not report recall information for specific vehicles to CARFAX.
Go to the CARFAX SAFETY & RELIABILITY REPORT for recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for the 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10. You can also contact an authorized dealership or DODGE at 1-800-423-6343 to find out if this 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 (1B3JR65Z13V500679) still has recalls that require repair.

For your convenience, CARFAX has estimated the remaining original manufacturer warranty coverage based on information reported to us on this 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 (1B3JR65Z13V500679). Please confirm remaining factory warranty and extended warranty options with your dealer. Interested in an extended warranty?

Estimated start date of warranty: 03/15/2003
Last reading reported on 03/20/2003: 12 miles Recalculate with current mileage
Today's Date: December 24, 2004

Type of Coverage: Original Warranty: Estimated Remaining Coverage:
Basic 36 months or 36,000 miles 15 months or 35,988 miles
Drivetrain 84 months or 70,000 miles 63 months or 69,988 miles
Emissions 36 months or 36,000 miles 15 months or 35,988 miles
Corrosion 60 months or 100,000 miles 39 months or 99,988 miles
Transferable Transferable at no cost Same
Roadside Assistance 36 months or 36,000 miles 15 months or 35,988 miles
Safety Belt & Inflatable Restraint No data reported to CARFAX
Specific Components 96 months or 80,000 miles 75 months or 79,988 miles
Notes: Manufacturer covers emissions components under basic warranty. Emissions coverage may vary by state. Refer to owners manual for specific details. Transferable: no cost, unlimited owners covered. Corrosion coverage applies to outer panels. Inner panels are covered un corrosion for 3 years only. Wear items are covered for 1 year or 12,000 miles. A $100 powertrain deductible applies after basic warranty coverage period and is transferable.

CARFAX Warranty Check provides an estimate of this vehicle's remaining warranty coverage. It does not take into account some vehicle history events. For example, major accidents resulting in Salvage or Junk titles that may void the original manufacturer warranty or ownership transfers that may decrease warranty coverage. This warranty information is only valid for vehicles manufactured for sale in the US. Complete warranty coverage information is available for this vehicle at the DODGE web site.

CARFAX searched more than 3 billion records from over 5,300 sources and found 6 record(s) for this 2003 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 (1B3JR65Z13V500679).

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

03/03/2003 6 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced
Miscellaneous service performed

03/14/2003 Dealer Inventory
Michigan
Vehicle sold

03/15/2003 Michigan
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Pickerington, OH
Registered as
personal vehicle

03/20/2003 12 Michigan
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Holland, MI
Title #261P0790605
Title issued or updated
First owner reported
Registered as lease vehicle

03/31/2003 Michigan
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Pickerington, OH
Title #256P0900735
Title issued or updated

09/10/2003 Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Pickerington, OH
Title #2300625368
Title issued or updated
Loan or lien reported

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know that most accidents don't show up on carfax right? I had a E320 that was almost totalled but the insurance company fixed it. The wreck didn't even show up through carfax even though it was an insurance event.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we see a carfax report?

There you go, LS2 boy. Does it make you feel better to see a Carfax on the car that I bought??? ***? You can thank Steve for putting your mind at ease.

Guys, the car is fine! I had people look at it in person! The pics look a little funny, but I'm glad they do because it kept some of you guys from bidding on it! :2tu:

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Look at every silver made, in some lights all front bumpers don't match the rest of the paint, even gen2. It's just the way it looks, there is nothing wrong with the cars.

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a GTS. I have driven an SRT. The brakes and handling are wonderful.

However, when you point out the obvious that can be pointed out by looking at simple numbers: RESALE VALUE ON THE SRT ***** AND THEY AREN'T SELLING WELL you get called out as persona non grata on this board. There is also a groundswell to discredit your sources and assume that they are all salvaged title cars from eBay.

The SRT goes, stops and corners exceptionally well. Styling is subjective. The fact is that they aren't selling well and the resale is bad. It's time people stop gasping and spinning everytime it's pointed out. It's not part of a prevailing soft exotic car market. The SRT has not done well in the marketplace. The best spin is that people are reading negative hype, don't like the departure in styling from the original and are not driving the cars. That's the only statement that is accurate.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Interesting that on E-Bay there are only 49 Vipers (2 are pickups and don't count) and of those only 1 is a Gen 2 GTS.

Go Figure

You must visit the low-budget Ebay. I’ve been checking Vipers on Ebay 7-8 times a day for the past 2 months. Typically there are between 80-90 Vipers listed on Ebay at any given time. The numbers are low right now because it’s Christmas Day (50+/-). Nevertheless, right now (Christmas Day) there are 9 Gen 2 GTS listed on Ebay.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NEWSFLASH*********CARS DEPRECIATE***********

argue the numbers to a degree.......but this seems normal to me.........

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NEWSFLASH*********CARS DEPRECIATE***********

argue the numbers to a degree.......but this seems normal to me.........

My pavement-pounding has found those numbers to be about right except for 2002. Guys seem to be asking about 60K for those serialized 2002’s. That’s fine but it’s just not for me. I don’t want a collectable car. I want a drivable car.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Figure

You must visit the low-budget Ebay. I’ve been checking Vipers on Ebay 7-8 times a day for the past 2 months. Typically there are between 80-90 Vipers listed on Ebay at any given time. The numbers are low right now because it’s Christmas Day (50+/-). Nevertheless, right now (Christmas Day) there are 9 Gen 2 GTS listed on Ebay.

Not sure what the "low-budget" remark is aimed at, however, I should have qualified my remark by saying "1 Gen 2 GTS that wasn't a cream puff" my mistake.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Go Figure

Not sure what the "low-budget" remark is aimed at, however, I should have qualified my remark by saying "1 Gen 2 GTS that wasn't a cream puff" my mistake.

Christmas Day there were a total of 9 GTS on Ebay. I don’t catorigize any of these GTS as “cream puffs” or not. You don’t talk numbers then exclude those that don’t fit your bill. We’re talking total numbers here.

In terms of my comment about Ebay – there are always 80-90 Vipers on Ebay and always 12-14 Gen 2 GTS. If you are visiting an Ebay that only shows 49 Vipers with 1 GTS, then you are visiting the wrong Ebay – perhaps the low budget Ebay.

JohninFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just bought pristine Black 03 with 899 miles for 62,750 FYI
add 1,000 for shipping. Could not be happier. Great car great deal, great weather in Florida . Life is good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96