2003 Viper

Bobby Likis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned 911s, 308s, and 500SLs. My Viper brings me more pleasure than any other vehicle that I've owned. The curb appeal of this car is astonishing and its attraction factor will introduce you to the friendliest people in the world. Feel free to e-mail me should you need additional info. Buy your new Viper and see what I'm referring to. Bobby

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consensus (from previous posts of the same nature) has it that most of us prefer the current body style, but welcome the increased horsepower and amenities that follow.

I personally do not care for convertibles and will eagerly await a coupe version. The Gen III Viper has a more refined look, but many say that it is too refined and friendly in exterior form.

Overall: When they release the Gen III coupe in Blue, Black, or Grey I'll be ready to buy, but I'll probably keep my '00 GTS in the process.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Good luck trying to get an 03'. If you step up now and get
an 02 now it will help your chances for an 03' possibly?
Chrysler has said preference would go to current Viper owners
so you may have to pay a hefty premium to get one.

SoCal, Have you signed up for the San Diego group of Vipers yet?
If not see Sheyster post.

Regards,

2Charmed

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ou812haha,
The 03's allocations have not been made yet. Even the price & colors available have not been released. From what I understand Dodge's plan is to sell ONLY to existing Viper owners first and then when all existng Viper owner's orders are filled then the rest of the general public gets their shot. I would be VERY weary of what this dealer offers and what he can or can't deliver. That aside I think with your previous cars in mind you would be really happy with an 03 Viper.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ou812haha:
I have already been to my dealer and will be getting number 3 of 6 that they will receive.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do they know they are getting 6? The release structure for the 2003's has not even been made known yet. In the most recent Viper magazine it was even mentioned that it would be possible (numerically) to have all 2003's go to current Viper owners.

Matt

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Lundeen:
Actually what Jim Julow said in "Perspectives" (page 7) was,

"I honestly think I can sell every 2003 Viper just by offering them to VCA members first! But whether I can do that, or whether I should, are separate questions"

Stay tuned.....

Bill

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Bill, that's what I was talking about.

-Matt

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the new look, but there is room for improvement. Viper is a brute power-to-the-tire monster and I really like that in my Viper.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sure like the looks of a couple of the other renditions in the
current Viper Mag better. The Gold looking car in the center
of the page looks sweet!

Oh well maybe the next Generation of Viper?

2Charmed

Jerry Horton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I could subscribe to Viper Magazine, but I am on the road too much to subscribe to any magazine. Could someone possibly post some pictures of the designs of the 2003? Thanks in advance.