2007 Coupe 650hp!?!?!?!

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im going to be adding a new coupe to my collection. I was going to be purchasing a 2006 Black Coupe but ive been hearing rumors that the 07 coupe is suppose to have 625-650hp.

Does anyone know of any facts about the 07 coupe?
Please let me know?

Ghetto2315

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In this months Exotic Car Guide on Page 10, it displays the new Chrysler Firepower and it states that this will replace the Viper since the Viper is showing its age from debuting in 1992

If a 650HP Coupe is on the way... that's a hell of a way to go out on a bang

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont hold your breath. Go for the current coupe and trade up when the new Viper comes out. Rumors are rumors until proven otherwise. Some magazine stating "facts" doesnt mean $hit.

N

Nobody

Quad turbo/ twin screw supercharged Hemi Head DOHC, 12 liter I-9 with 1400 RWHP all for under 90 grand ...............Have'nt you heard??..............................................................................................hold your breath............................................................ :bonker:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quad turbo/ twin screw supercharged Hemi Head DOHC, 12 liter I-9 with 1400 RWHP all for under 90 grand ...............Have'nt you heard??..............................................................................................hold your breath............................................................ :bonker:

Come on now, let's not make things up! :D

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said Austin. But if I make up any more rumors I serious think the car should have 700hp. Why not go all the way. Come to think of it if they have DLM install a Paxton we might even have a little more. This could be the start of a new rumor. :smirk:

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way they could pull of a TT V6 for the replacement!! Not from a V10! I think if they are going to go they should just go with a bang....and sell a certain amount of huge hp viper coupe's.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way they could pull of a TT V6 for the replacement!! Not from a V10! I think if they are going to go they should just go with a bang....and sell a certain amount of huge hp viper coupe's.

Actually, I checked one of my sources and they corrected me. It will be an Inline-6 ******! :D

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually, I checked one of my sources and they corrected me. It will be an Inline-6 ******! :D

That would be better than a V configuration.....better 1st and 2nd order harmonics with the inline....perfect as a matter of fact.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wouldn't normally DISagree with the wizard but...DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH. DC has no dang clue and does NOT have the ballz to put out a higher HP car.

"its over johnny"

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not that caught up in the HP wars .. to me its the look and experience of owning the car. I sure hope the Firepower isn't a Viper replacement. That car looks like crap. Hopefully there will be another DC "viper bite at the apple" before they would ever considering retiring it all together. At least DC kept the Viper looking aggressive i.e. Gen II to Gen III. Look what happened to the Corvette...the C6 looks like [******] compared to the C5. Just my $0.02

06 VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't it true that actually there will be no 2007 viper. 2008 will be the next production. Don't know anything about the details of the machine as of yet.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The 10 litre V-10 is coming! Heard about the new casting from a good source. 750 n/a hp.

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If they stop making vipers, with its looks, we all will have a very sought after vehicle.

Incidentially on the vette forums they are discussing the new LS9? engine to hit in two years. Supercharged and 600-700hp. This seems to be a rather hard rumor or fact?