2008 2 tone interiors

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked with my dealer today---one of our supporting dealers--so he knows what's happening. He said the 2 tone interiors are released for cars scheduled to build in November. Also talked to a CAAP employee at a Motor City event over the weekend and was told there are no finished cars yet, and the bet was that nothing would be complete before the end of September. Lots of people leaving/retiring and lots of new faces. For those with the optional interiors, we may be getting early Christmas presents.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's about what we have heard--end of Sept. for rollout of first orders. Did you order an '08? If so, what color scheme/wheels/interior? You're also in same boat (we didn't order an '08)...Ohio...winter coming....salt....garage!!!! ~juli

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Monday's Automotive News showed in the plant status that Conner Ave is still down for the model changeover. I think there was a post in the last few days from Bill P that production will start the week of 9/17

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Red/Tan,

As noted these are tentative dates and they have changed of late, but things appear promising.The interiors were released before, as noted ,and I would imagine they are trying to be more definitive on the release date -- so good news.

The wait will be worth it........amazing machine!!

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked with my dealer today---one of our supporting dealers--so he knows what's happening. He said the 2 tone interiors are released for cars scheduled to build in November. Also talked to a CAAP employee at a Motor City event over the weekend and was told there are no finished cars yet, and the bet was that nothing would be complete before the end of September. Lots of people leaving/retiring and lots of new faces. For those with the optional interiors, we may be getting early Christmas presents.

Smog Dog -- thanks for the update. So am I correct in assuming that for those that have ordered a two-tone interior they won't begin building those cars until November or does it mean that they can start building the cars but need to wait till November till the two-tone panels are ready for installation? It would be a major bummer if we had to wait until December for delivery of these cars.

/Rich

OP
OP
S

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smog Dog -- thanks for the update. So am I correct in assuming that for those that have ordered a two-tone interior they won't begin building those cars until November or does it mean that they can start building the cars but need to wait till November till the two-tone panels are ready for installation? It would be a major bummer if we had to wait until December for delivery of these cars.

/Rich

My understanding is the 2 tone build won't start until November. It makes sense to build the cars which can actually be completed and shipped. The only reason to partially build a car would be if there were not enough standard interiors to keep the plant in operation. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise----let them practice for a while before your car is built.:)

Last edited:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding is the 2 tone build won't start until November. It makes sence to build the cars which can actually be completed and shipped. The only reason to partially build a car would be if there were not enough standard interiors to keep the plant in operation. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise----let them practice for a while before your car is built.:)

Good point but I am still bummed. Here's hoping for a really, really long indian summer here in Oregon.

/Rich

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Red/Tan,

As noted these are tentative dates and they have changed of late, but things appear promising.The interiors were released before, as noted ,and I would imagine they are trying to be more definitive on the release date -- so good news.

The wait will be worth it........amazing machine!!

Bill, you never called me "dear" when I bought the car. I'm happy with my 06, and, in addition to the stuff you and DC did for me I have a 2-tone mamba interior. My next car will be an '09 "Genesis" with 360 HP, drive your way! Come see us in SCA.

Mike