2008 ACR on the Dyno w Headers, Exhaust, Mopar ECU, K&N

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got my car on the dyno after having the Belanger headers and exhaust system installed a few weeks ago.

It put down 604 HP and 575 ft/lbs to the wheels SAE corrected on a DynoJet.

Stock numbers were 546HP
After the Mopar ECU was added: 563HP
After the headers and exhaust: 604 HP

I also did a before/after run with the stock air filter and the K&N drop-in filter, pickup is about 7 HP or across the powerband.

Here is the current dyno graph:

2008 Dodge Viper ACR Dyno

I'm encoding the dyno video now, the car is quite a bit louder with the Belanger system. I'm also going to see if I can overlay the dyno graphs that were done at each stage.

Side note: we noticed that the top radiator hose will start to considerably collapse towards the top RPM's while under WOT on the dyno. Doug Levin suggested a wire inside the hose to keep it from restricting the coolant flow which I will try and source.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting gain with the filter as DC engineers said they tried different types and found no gain but probably to sell more oem paper units. Where did you get the filter and did you get the intake tubes too?

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man these 08's are impressive, those are grate power #'s for just simple bolt on's!!! it's nearly at the level mt Striker heads, big cam gen 2 is. And I bet your 08 purs like a kitten VS my gen 2 that sounds like a NASCAR. I realy want to get a gen4 now, once cams come out for the VVT motors these things are going to be N/A monsters.

Here is my Dyno if you want to compare how the motors make power. At 6400rpm your making a solid 100 more RWHP them my car did. The new intake manifold must flow WAY better then the gen 2

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

sparks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasnt some one getting 10.90's w/a stock 08 ? With some practice 10.70's should be no problem...

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man these 08's are impressive, those are grate power #'s for just simple bolt on's!!! it's nearly at the level mt Striker heads, big cam gen 2 is. And I bet your 08 purs like a kitten VS my gen 2 that sounds like a NASCAR. I realy want to get a gen4 now, once cams come out for the VVT motors these things are going to be N/A monsters.

Here is my Dyno if you want to compare how the motors make power. At 6400rpm your making a solid 100 more RWHP them my car did. The new intake manifold must flow WAY better then. quote]

Matt,

These Gen IV's are really strong. My '06 made 450 hp with a bunch of bolt on's. didn't want to S/C so the only way to go was to add Stryker's or Greg Good heads. Being in CA I was afraid of heads and passing emissions so I bought an '08.

My '08 made 587 hp and 550 trq w/belangers and the K&N. Another car at the dyno event had the ECU, a corsa muffler (vs. my magnaflow) and made 595/575. A 500 mile stocker made 560. This was on a 85-90 degree day. I just put on the ecu and figure at 70 degree's I should make 600 hp and raise trq another 10 lbs. Belangers and the ECU are $4500-$5000 and you're at 600 hp. Mike

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting gain with the filter as DC engineers said they tried different types and found no gain but probably to sell more oem paper units. Where did you get the filter and did you get the intake tubes too?

Dan at DC told me that the K&N will make a few more hp like Fiske says, but only if you have headers. He puts them on with all headers installs.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the before and after data. So to summarize, Mopar ECU yields about 15-20 hp, Belanger full header exhaust about 50 hp and the K&N Mazda RX-8 filter about 7 hp.

/Rich

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the filter is a K&N for the Mazda RX-8, part # is: 33-2284, I bought from AutoAnything for $50.....
How did you find that out? After seeing your first post I ordered a Viper? K&N filter for $89.00 Guess I should of waited longer for your reply. Hope no CEL though with the filter.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Nice numbers.

"Side note: we noticed that the top radiator hose will start to considerably collapse towards the top RPM's while under WOT on the dyno. Doug Levin suggested a wire inside the hose to keep it from restricting the coolant flow which I will try and source."

Good catch on the collapsing upper radiator hose. Would be very interested in getting a wire for the upper radiator hose as several of our track guys, including myself, have noticed some pretty warm coolant temps on hot days while using WOT a bunch.

Dan

Reaction score
Nice numbers.

"Side note: we noticed that the top radiator hose will start to considerably collapse towards the top RPM's while under WOT on the dyno. Doug Levin suggested a wire inside the hose to keep it from restricting the coolant flow which I will try and source."

Good catch on the collapsing upper radiator hose. Would be very interested in getting a wire for the upper radiator hose as several of our track guys, including myself, have noticed some pretty warm coolant temps on hot days while using WOT a bunch.

Dan

Dan,
The upper hose WILL collapse at WOT under load. Try an internal spring and Let us know if this helps.

Best regards,
Doug

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
600rwhp on a NA car is crazy....to get to 600rwhp my my old vette needed full exhaust, stage II heads, cam, custom tune and a D1SC @ 8psi:rolaugh:

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see that Green has a filter out for the '08 now, wouldn't these Green filters fit better than the K&N's? And flow even better?

jbracefan1977

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the filter is a K&N for the Mazda RX-8, part # is: 33-2284, I bought from AutoAnything for $50.....

thats some pretty impressive numbers you got there. I have the same K&N also and love it, I could not find a good deal on ebay so I found a discount coupon here: K&N 33-2284, or you can try one of the vendors on the forum here, you can usually find a good deal that way as well. This was very easy to install and I love it :headbang::headbang:

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a no brainer to install these mods. Awesome power without touching the internals.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you find that out? After seeing your first post I ordered a Viper? K&N filter for $89.00 Guess I should of waited longer for your reply. Hope no CEL though with the filter.

Believe the Mopar PCM takes care of the CEL.......