2010 Viper Pics (With Stripes)

RayC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they must want to sell alot of unstiped cars in 2010

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I for one would trade my supercharged 2006 FE Coupe for a 2010 ACR in Blue/White in a heart beat. I like big stripes, they tell the world you mean business.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a great color combo, but i believe the stripes are to wide specially from the rear.

to wide to a point it looked like a two tone paint scheme than stripes.

but i will hold judgment until i see one in person, and im happy to see a 2010 viper :D

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority, but I think it looks great. As a matter of fact, I've never seen any color scheme on any Viper that I didn't like. Blue, SSG, and of course, Viper Black (mine) are my favorites though.

I think the stripes look fine, and I bet they look even better in person.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know, I think it may grow on me. I need to see some better pics. I'd like to see this combo in the ACR before I make my final decision.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like crap . Someone screwed that one up. Looks like a Ricer and screws up the look of the hood vents
+1 and well said. Now glad I bought 09 instead. Who the heck at DC designed these stripes???? Waaay to wide in the back. Vette guys will laugh at this. Hey Ralph is this guy still around?

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2010 stripes detract from Vipers normal aggressive look imo. The new ones seem more like an after thought...a cross eyed one at that. If I were to order a 2010 (not gonna happen), it would be stripeless, and I'd have the Real Viper Stripes painted on.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually liked the stripes when I saw the pictures posted from CAAP, of the B/W cars. But I have admit, the above pictures don't look too great. I will also have to see it in person. But I have always liked the gen.2 and 06 coupe stripes (width wise). They are a little too thin for me on the 08 car, and too thick on the 2010

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also looks like Alcoa has no idea on how to do a "high polished" finish on their wheels. My 08 wheels are very close to chrome, these aren't even that shiny :(

You must be registered for see images

It's their "dura-brite" coating that's supposed to be resistant to brake dust. I'd rather have the shiny look.

You must be registered for see images

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I too am obviously in the minority here, but must admit I like the 2010 stripes a lot based on the pics we have all seen thus far. In my opinion I think they look way better than the skinny stripes on the 08-09 which remind me of Mustang Stripes! These ones seem to work with the lines of the car better to me for some reason.

Tony2

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purchase a stripless car and have '06-width stripes painted over the car and through the grills, then clear coat the panels. Better look, no stripe 'ridge' and can probably be done for less than the factory stripe option.

Mark at Woodhouse did my 06 Coupe that way, much nicer effect than the stock 06 stripes, and based on the above comments, better than the '10s.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that stripe layout is just awful. The factory stripes on the 06 were about perfect and I did think the 08 09 were a bit too narrow, but I'm not going with this as a solution by any means. If a customer asked me to put stripes like this on his car, I might have to refuse. We did a wider version on a B/W car a while back that seemed to be about right and still fit a gen 4 hood. Both of these layouts were non-factory dimensions at customer request and, although I like the wider layout of this b/w Serpent, I thought they were both pretty good.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to see them in person, but from first look at the pictures, too wide in the rear. My favorite with was on my 96 B/W GTS. Since they copied the stripe through the rear tag of the 96, they should have copied the width also.

Last edited:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No real problem here. If you do not like the stripe, order the car without, and have yours painted the way you like.

Think the factory is trying to make a change in the 10's so people can differentiate the individual years.

They change up the stripes every year or two. No biggie here.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread has been cleaned up a bit to remove references to ebay ads of two different non site supporting dealers. Please keep any references to dealers including names on window stickers and locations of cars at dealers off the radar when posting pictures. This would include dealer license plates.
Thanks to all for your help with this.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll just say I don't like the new stripes in the rear. The front doesn't look to bad, it sort of flows with the hood/car.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No real problem here. If you do not like the stripe, order the car without, and have yours painted the way you like.

Think the factory is trying to make a change in the 10's so people can differentiate the individual years.

They change up the stripes every year or two. No biggie here.

I agree. It's not really that big of a deal since you don't have to get them. I think I was just a little shocked by it. It seems clumsy on an otherwise very well designed car. I'm all about being different and doing something exciting (like the ACR theme). The ACR design is smart in that it's very unique, has style and makes design sense.

91Z07

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it would look better with black or silver stripes...they are pretty wide though.

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys need to understand the fact that our eyes have been trained to see narrower stripes on sportscars for the last... how ever long its been since each of us first saw them on any car. Had they been wide as these (2010 Viper) from the begining (Cobra days) they would have looked good and visa versa. We just need time to adjust, at least I do.
BTW, I also don't care for them...lol

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely hideous.
Looks like some hillbilly Viper kit car.

Last edited by a moderator:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just another reason to not like stripes.

It honestly looks like the masking job was done incorrectly and was done too wide at the back.

On the bright side, the 10's will be easy to spot.

SRT Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!!That is a epic fail those stripes are ugly as hell.Why did they have to change them?People know you have a 2010 from very far away with those things