2010 Viper-Your thoughts?

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I don't think there is a single published source that says this (2012). When I posted that the car should be good for a minimum of a couple more years, it was exactly that - a minimum. I am confident that the recent announcement was not a "bandaid" fix but a full-blown commitment to the platform for the foreseeable future. With as much hoopla as was given to the announcement it would seem only logical to continue to develop the Viper for the future.

That said, realize that supposedly-substantiated speculation on drastic changes in future generations only hurts current sales. Some folks like to say that they heard from a reliable source that XYZ is going to happen, which then has the very real potential to stall sales for the current car in such a very small market like the Viper. "Gee, if it is going to have rocket boosters and a 24" touch-screen DVD/stereo then I am going to just wait to buy." While that show of commitment from Chrysler/Dodge/Fiat was very strong, if current sales/interest plummet then all bets are off.

Personally, the only reason I would wait to buy a 2010 is if you like your model years to end in even numbers. Who knows, maybe they will have a price increase just to show how much they value the car now. :D Get 'em while they are hot!

I bought my 08 as soon as I could get my hands on one . Six months later if I would have waited to purchase it . I could have saved $10 000 + . Do I regret buying it ? Because If I waited I would have saved a little bit of money.

Hell no being able to enjoy the 600HP beast as soon as possible was well worth the money.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think viper specialty was talking more about the look of hte stereo than the actual function of the stereo. The viper has the most outdated stereo in the dodge line-up. If they just put the stereo from the challenger in the viper it would help with the look so much. A new stereo doesn't need new features (maybe mygig if your into that sorta thing), doesn't have to be luxurious it just needs to look decent. The dash of the interior looks way outdated, a simple fix like changing the stereo would solve that problem.

EXACTLY. It is not as much about what it does as how it looks. The dash/stereo has always been a sore spot with any of the reviewers of the car. Say what you will about them, and we all know how biased they are, but people listen to them! The MyGig would be one MAJOR selling point of the car, and be relatively easy and cheap to bring to the platform. People like gizmos, and the simple fact that a *radio*, a single piece of the puzzle, can include so many of them... there is NO downside to having it added to the equation.

Also, some people actually DO listen to the radio. When you factor in all of the BS you would have to add to the car in order to get HALF of the MyGig functions, you would save a good deal of weight and complexity by using it.

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...The MyGig would be one MAJOR selling point of the car, and be relatively easy and cheap to bring to the platform. People like gizmos, and the simple fact that a *radio*, a single piece of the puzzle, can include so many of them... there is NO downside to having it added to the equation...
The Viper and the PT Cruiser are the only two remaining Chrysler LLC vehicles to not offer the MyGIG radios. Now that production is going to continue for both models, maybe they will offer the MyGIG in the 2011 model year. But that's also around the time that a next generation radio will be replacing the MyGIG...

arjay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is there so little mention of the developed and ready for production, as I hear it, 'Chrysler' ME-412 as a replacement, or at least a 'role model' for the next generation Viper? I'll take the first one.

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about 5 point harnesses available on the SRT-10 ACR, as they were from 1999-2002 on the GTS ACR?

One way to kill the image of the car though, is offer a cupholder, but not large enough to handle the 7 Eleven Big Gulp.

>Ok, so I was joking about the cupholder.