2013 Gen5 Speculation... What We Know... What We Think ?

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lens is not unique. The difference is a lighting illusion caused by the fact that the lens on the mule car is so old that it is no longer clear and dirt. Look more closely. The real outside perimeter of each is the same and the innards are also the same.
Nope, the lense is completely different. note the angles at the corners of each lense (the gen V really has only 2 hard-ish angles)

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I told Ralph I wanted the Viper to be more of an American Aston Martin that can be a great DD but give the ******** guys an ACR with a little HP and less weight. I think he agreed.

Excellent. So you want a hand built, over priced car that has poor performance compared to the other cars in it's class...:rolaugh: Thanks.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. Time to put up. I say that they are not the Gen V lights. You say they are. The Gen V will be out in April. Whoever was wrong gives $250.00 to the Wounded Warrior charity - OK? But take one last look before you bet. Note that there is a large opening between the right top of the light and the fender. The light is angled back so that you can not see all of it. What would normally be the right side edge of the light is hidden from view because it sticks back into the darkness.

Nope, the lense is completely different. note the angles at the corners of each lense (the gen V really has only 2 hard-ish angles)

Last edited:

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are Gen III/IV lights. Do you really think that they are so absent minded that they accidently left the lights exposed? (By the way, is there a Rightlane for Brits?) Look at the front and rear lights on ALL THE OTHER 2012 SRT PRODUCTS. THEY ARE ALL LED. My money is on consistency among the cars in the SRT brand. Should be pretty good looking.

I think you are both right. I believe they are modified Gen3/4 lights. The lamps themselves are identical in position and style, but the casing is different. If you look very closely at the spy shot the edges of the lights appear jagged, not smooth and clean like a production piece. So, I imagine the engineers did some modifications to what they had on the shelves and shoe-horned them into the new body. Makes more sense than putting the brand new units, of which there are probably only 2 or 3 sets at this time, in a mule to take a beating. Just my $.02

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that's an actual 2013 then the differences between a Gen4 and Gen5 will be just slightly more than the changes between Gen3 and Gen4.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said they were Gen V lights. While the lights on the inside are the same, the lens is clearly different. Maybe you should see your optometrist.
Edit: I trimmed everything but the lenses out of the picture (unskillfully I admit it) so you can see them side-by side.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Changes from gen IV to gen V are drastic just wait and see. The car we saw in Salt Lake is the flavor we will see in NY.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I offer this suggestion to add even more fuel to the fire and perhaps point something out perhaps not thought of before. Since these are mule cars they are essentially hack jobs on wheels. We all ASSumed that these cars had completed GEN V front ends on them but what if the didn't. Look at these two pics as examples. In these pics it almost looks like what would be the GEN III/IV fenders are coming over the GEN V headlights. Indicating to me that this could be a possibility. You can almost see the curve where the top of the old GEN III/IV headlights would meet the fender. Thoughts....

2013-srt-viper-14_gallery_image_large.jpg

viper-spy-7_1035.jpg

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Base price of a 2012 Jeep SRT8 is about $54k so that puts the base price of the Viper at about $108k.
The pricing on the Jeep is a bit misleading. While they advertise/promote the "Base MSRP" at $54,470 the minimum price is actually much higher - what they did was make some of the optional equipment mandatory, bringing the actual minimum MSRP to $61,785.00. Fully loaded, the price is over $66,000 which is almost 40% higher than the outgoing 2010 model.

SRT also held back pricing on the 2012 models until almost two months after the order banks opened. Firm intro pricing was released in early August, and then 10 days later they bumped the price of the Jeep by another $3,000. While they offered "price protection" for the $3k increase to the early buyers, most dealers refused to honor it which further upset buyers who were already in shock over the initial massive price increase. Hopefully SRT will not play some of the same games with the Viper pricing.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pricing on the Jeep is a bit misleading. While they advertise/promote the "Base MSRP" at $54,470 the minimum price is actually much higher - what they did was make some of the optional equipment mandatory, bringing the actual minimum MSRP to $61,785.00. Fully loaded, the price is over $66,000 which is almost 40% higher than the outgoing 2010 model.

SRT also held back pricing on the 2012 models until almost two months after the order banks opened. Firm intro pricing was released in early August, and then 10 days later they bumped the price of the Jeep by another $3,000. While they offered "price protection" for the $3k increase to the early buyers, most dealers refused to honor it which further upset buyers who were already in shock over the initial massive price increase. Hopefully SRT will not play some of the same games with the Viper pricing.

Two friend's of mine just got the JGC Overland Summit... They are really beautiful, especially the interiors but one of them complained the other day that he's only getting 12 to 13mpg. I wonder how the SRT does.