2013 SRT Viper pricing to be announced MONDAY

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big news from Twitter this morning! Via Ralph Gilles

'“@haroldsmith3rd: how much longer till Viper pricing!!!!#ThingsIWantMonday next week...I am announcing at our BI- Annual dealer show.'

Make your predictions! I'm going to say $110k MSRP.

--RS

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it's not that high for the base SRT.
Hmmm...some options, sales tax ($9600 here), shipping (1-2K) and maybe some markup (?)....125-130K delivered?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$136,500.00 for the Launch Edition Coupe is my guess

Bruce

Last edited:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it's not that high for the base SRT.
Hmmm...some options, sales tax ($9600 here), shipping (1-2K) and maybe some markup (?)....125-130K delivered?

Were you planning on getting one? If you do, I wanna race it with my gen 4 when it's all broken in :D

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$99k base for SRT Viper. $110k base for GTS. $120k optioned out GTS + TTL. Max $125k. The Viper will not do well for long IMHO if they go above these numbers.

Keep in mind there has to be room for the ACR. $150k GTS-R style ACR will sell. A $150k ACR with only aero and no other body improvements will not.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think for pyschological reasons the base will come in just under 100K.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if when they announce pricing is when we will see a few cars with the 6 vent hood.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the majority are wrong, the price point is one of things that makes the viper so special ... a base over $100k, well, can I afford it, yea, but I'd be out I think, by the time I got the package etc., some of these predictions would toss it into the $120+k range .. and IMO will be loosing a component of what makes the viper special, bang vs buck to other 'exotics'. We're getting 40hp, IMO the styling is a dust-off merge of old & new (like so many other cars out there) and they said they spent half the time on the traction/stability system and we all know what value we put on that. Gears and nicer interior ... don't crack the $100k on that, please. It's already decided so I'm just whistling in the wind, but man some of the #'s in those guesses are disturbing, here's to hoping for the best.

(and I don't mean to kickoff and exotics debate or bang vs buck debate)

weeten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be surprised if the new viper is under 100k, base or not

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
* <$100k base, *< $120k GTS.

$136k and they are pricing the Viper out of its own market IMO.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under 100K for the base, over 120K for fully loaded GTS

A GTSR styled ACR thats wider, lighter and more hp, Over 200K.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone thinks the Gen.5 Viper will be cheaper than a ZR1,(125,000.00) ish you are dreaming.The New Viper is as good or bettter than the ZR1,it should Not be cheaper.Not that I want to pay more for my new Viper,but I am prepaired to.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, it's a bit annoying that this type of news is broadcasted on a free public twitter site and not taking time to share the news initially on the Viper Club of America who actually pay $ to be a member and at minimum on the Members Only section. Sure at least members had the opportunity to check out the concept car at a VOI event, but even stuff like this could be exposed within the club first to read exclusive news and updates, you know.... it just makes you feel special...

I can't be bothered to do the twitter thing.. maybe that's my problem. Maybe the VCA could figure out how to capture and post updated tweets from Ralph and post them, synchronize some type up updated information on-site blog that's being broadcasted.

Rant off... can't wait to hear what the prices are... so for time being, I'll ask my niece to search twitter for the latest updates on Viper prices or hood louver pics...

Cheers
Mike

Last edited:

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, obviously if you are going to "rumored" give preferential orders to VCA members than why not release it here at least at the same time? This whole product launch is yet another miss from Dodge/SRT I know they want Porsche owners, Vette Owners and others to buy the car but how about give us that are already raving fans a little heads up?

You know, it's a bit annoying that this type of news is broadcasted on a free public twitter site and not taking time to share the news initially on the Viper Club of America who actually pay $ to be a member and at minimum on the Members Only section. Sure at least members had the opportunity to check out the concept car at a VOI event, but even stuff like this could be exposed within the club first to read exclusive news and updates, you know.... it just makes you feel special...

I can't be bothered to do the twitter thing.. maybe that's my problem. Maybe the VCA could figure out how to capture and post updated tweets from Ralph and post them, synchronize some type up updated information on-site blog that's being broadcasted.

Rant off... can't wait to hear what the prices are... so for time being, I'll ask my niece to search twitter for the latest updates on Viper prices or hood louver pics...

Cheers
Mike

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone thinks the Gen.5 Viper will be cheaper than a ZR1,(125,000.00) ish you are dreaming.The New Viper is as good or bettter than the ZR1,it should Not be cheaper.Not that I want to pay more for my new Viper,but I am prepaired to.

Though they are different types of cars, I don't see how it can compete on the price level with a GT-R, hell even a base 997TT is $128k (invoice that is). I think fully optioned GTS maybe. But, $125 base for an SRT would just be silly. There are other vehicles I would rather have in that range.

But then again, Chevy has gotten blatantly stupid with Corvette pricing - the average Z06 is in the $90's, where three years ago they were in the $60-70's.

But, we shall see in three days.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Though they are different types of cars, I don't see how it can compete on the price level with a GT-R, hell even a base 997TT is $128k (invoice that is). I think fully optioned GTS maybe. But, $125 base for an SRT would just be silly. There are other vehicles I would rather have in that range.

But then again, Chevy has gotten blatantly stupid with Corvette pricing - the average Z06 is in the $90's, where three years ago they were in the $60-70's.

But, we shall see in three days.

Corvette production has been cut way back because it didn't sell well. Neither did the ZR1. Most were heavily discounted. Referencing the ZR1 here is pointless to me because I honestly feel that it is over priced.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth