2013 SRT Viper pricing to be announced MONDAY

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
130,000+ You cant add all of that technology and expect it to run the same price as a Gen IV. Take a look at the other SRT vehicles as well. My Jeep SRT-8 was $45,000 fully loaded... the new ones are around $65,000. Performance is not any better than mine was buit the interior and technology is much better. Expect at least the same price jump for the Viper. By the way whoever said the ZR1 is over priced that simply crazy. Look at the performance you get compared to high end exotics... its pretty easy to see its a good deal. The Viper will be better... by far.

$130k for a starting price or loaded GTS? No way $130k for a starting price of a base SRT Viper.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2010 base coupe started at 91,935 including delivery charge. So assuming a little inflation, I would guess that the price for the base Gen V coupe with delivery charge will be: $94,599.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since there's still time to guess: Base = $93,700 + options, GTS = $119K to start + options.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll guess 97,995 and only ~10k between the SRT and GTS.

(also subscribing to thread for updates :) )

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$130k for a starting price or loaded GTS? No way $130k for a starting price of a base SRT Viper.

LOL. I know you are being a smart ass.

For the guy you quoted, he clearly doesn't understand the market. He's every manufacturers dream. Taking price increases with a smile. The new Jeep SRT8 in 2014 will be worth about $60k optioned out, and that's with the 8 speed and new head unit. The 2012-2013 SRT8 is WAY overpriced. Yes there are improvements, not even close to $20k worth. I had cash in hand for the new SRT8 and passed on it. Now that the hype has died down they are sitting on dealer's lots across the country. Why? Because they are overpriced. The ZR1 is very much overpriced. Who cares about the competition. It's a factory souped up vette, that as others has mentioned, looks almost identical to the grand sport and Z06. How do we know it's overpriced? Numbers, and you can't argue with those.

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL. I know you are being a smart ass.

For the guy you quoted, he clearly doesn't understand the market. He's every manufacturers dream. Taking price increases with a smile. The new Jeep SRT8 in 2014 will be worth about $60k optioned out, and that's with the 8 speed and new head unit. The 2012-2013 SRT8 is WAY overpriced. Yes there are improvements, not even close to $20k worth. I had cash in hand for the new SRT8 and passed on it. Now that the hype has died down they are sitting on dealer's lots across the country. Why? Because they are overpriced. The ZR1 is very much overpriced. Who cares about the competition. It's a factory souped up vette, that as others has mentioned, looks almost identical to the grand sport and Z06. How do we know it's overpriced? Numbers, and you can't argue with those.

I just don't know where people are coming up with their numbers. All of the recent magazine articles that were posted on here have consistent estimated pricing (right below $100k starting for a base SRT). Sure they could be wrong but not $30k wrong. People really think they are going to be that off especially when they just reviewed these cars and probably discussed pricing during the review?

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2010 Viper ACR listed at 110,000 area. I figure $120,000-125,000 area on the GTS. There are still new 2010 ACR on lots for sale. They should keep reasonable.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From Automotive News

DETROIT -- The 2013 SRT Viper will be Chrysler Group's most expensive production vehicle ever but still cheaper than a comparable Chevy Corvette ZR1 when sales begin late this year.
Chrysler told dealers today that the 640-hp Viper will carry a sticker price of at least $99,390, including a $1,995 delivery charge. The Viper GTS will start at $122,390, including delivery.
With optional equipment -- a more powerful audio system, upgraded infotainment system, or additional carbon fiber trim and styling components, for example -- and a likely gas-guzzler surcharge, the re-engineered Viper should easily top the $100,000 plateau

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[h=3]Chrysler Group Announces Pricing for 2013 SRT Viper Models[/h]September 10, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich.
- The Chrysler Group’s Street and Racing Technology (SRT) brand today
announced pricing for the two models of the all-new 2013 SRT
Viper.

2013 SRT Viper

• Manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) for the 2013 SRT Viper model is
    $97,395 (excluding $1,995 destination)
  • The SRT Viper offers a blend of extreme performance and deliberate
    preservation of what has become the iconic DNA of the Viper to deliver a
    supercar that continues to bring the driver as close as possible to the machine
2013 SRT Viper GTS

• MSRP for the 2013 SRT Viper GTS model is $120,395 (excluding $1,995
    destination)
  • The SRT Viper GTS builds on the DNA of the SRT Viper model with more
    technologically advanced solutions, like two-mode active suspension, to allow
    this world-class GTS to find new capabilities on the track while also opening up
    its envelope as a more premium and mature evolution of the classic, extreme
    performance formula
Production of the iconic supercar will begin at the Conner
Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit – the home for Viper since 1995 – in November
2012. Dealer orders are expected to begin in mid-November

About SRT
The Chrysler Group’s Street and
Racing Technology (SRT) brand uses a successful product development formula
featuring five proven hallmarks: awe-inspiring powertrains; outstanding ride,
handling and capability; benchmark braking; aggressive and functional exteriors
and race-inspired and high-performance interiors to remain true to its
performance roots.

The SRT lineup in the 2013 model year features five
vehicles that are world-class performance contenders and bring the latest in
safety technologies and creature comforts. The Chrysler 300 SRT8, Dodge
Challenger SRT8 392, Dodge Charger SRT8 and Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 are joined
by the SRT flagship Viper and Viper GTS models which are making their highly
anticipated return to the high-performance sports car market.

[h=5]
[/h]

[h=4][/h]

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I applaud SRT, as this has single handedly wiped out the $137,999 and above rumors going on for months.

Sure with gas guzzler and shipping the car will likely be a bit over 100K in base form, but look at the monumental improvements it has received. Though the GTS has a bit more gap than some may have anticipated , one with no added options is going to be an extremely well equiped car.

Has anyone figured the " King of the Hill " GTS will come in under a ZR1 and eat it's lunch -- kudos to SRT.

Not one call today to complain, and that is everything in a nutshell --- when customers call and they are pleased with how SRT is handling the new Viper, it is apparent the pricing is fair and spot on to perception.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I applaud SRT, as this has single handedly wiped out the $137,999 and above rumors going on for months.

Sure with gas guzzler and shipping the car will likely be a bit over 100K in base form, but look at the monumental improvements it has received. Though the GTS has a bit more gap than some may have anticipated , one with no added options is going to be an extremely well equiped car.

Has anyone figured the " King of the Hill " GTS will come in under a ZR1 and eat it's lunch -- kudos to SRT.

Not one call today to complain, and that is everything in a nutshell --- when customers call and they are pleased with how SRT is handling the new Viper, it is apparent the pricing is fair and spot on to perception.

Bill

When will you have pricing on the packages and options, color choices etc...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456