2013 Viper Poll

What do you think of the new 2013 Viper?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not at all ugly. It's just incomplete.

Seeing the pic of it next to the GTS-R on the track epitomizes what I am getting at. It looks tame, mundane, and watered down. There are a lot of great things about the new design, but no one can argue that this is considered an "aggressive" look. I like the side profile a lot. The rear end complete kills me. The shot from the back makes the car look narrow and tall. It doesn't flow right.

I think most people who aren't balding middle age men will agree with me, the GTS-R minus the extreme race stuff is how the street car should have looked. Those wider fenders just scream exotic. The car makes sense. I don't think Ralph is stupid. I think SRT purposely watered down the GTS so that they can sell a more expensive and extreme model in the future.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the car looks amazing as well as aggressive (btw I am under 30 and have all my hair ;) ) Now just to get one out here on the west coast to go look at.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yesterday, didn't care for it. Today, after soaking up more and more pix... love it! Just had to grow on me I guess.

cpperhead1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In Canada the GTS will cost $140 K plus 13 % tax .. Gulp
Think i'm Keeping my 2010 ACR and buy a used Ferrari instead !..
Additionally I just dont think a Ferrari or Maserati or Porche person will buy the new viper

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That confused unviperlike front end and the super small looking front rim/tire compared to the rear rim/tire stops me from being in love with it. Everything else I like...ESPECIALLY the interior.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to admit that I don't hate it. I wouldn't say that I love it either. Really would like to see it in person.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$137,000 is fully loaded ..........thereare lots of options
The car is sick and the power to weight ratio is amazing . Ralph and the wholeSRT should be very proud to make this world leading car. It is amazing that wenow have a car that has a better power to weight ratio as a LamborghiniAventador and a Ferrari interior for between $100,000 - $140,000 depending on options.
Long Live The Viper

P.S. the ALMS car is one of the most amazing race cars I have ever seen.......and I have seen a lot :)

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ALMS car looked incredible. How about the next ACR carrying over much of the ALMS themes? That would make for one killer asp.

$137,000 is fully loaded ..........thereare lots of options
The car is sick and the power to weight ratio is amazing . Ralph and the wholeSRT should be very proud to make this world leading car. It is amazing that wenow have a car that has a better power to weight ratio as a LamborghiniAventador and a Ferrari interior for between $100,000 - $140,000 depending on options.
Long Live The Viper

P.S. the ALMS car is one of the most amazing race cars I have ever seen.......and I have seen a lot :)

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It looks too feminine. Park an ACR alongside it and the ACR will steal the show. The ACR has a mean front end with a splitter, canards, big hood louvers, wing, just an evil looking car. Then you look over at the 2013 Viper and Paris Hilton gets out of it with her dog in her purse. They need to "man" this car up before I will part with my ACR

ExplorerThis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Undecided. I was more of a gen3/4 guy soooo.

What do I know I sold my viper for a rustang!

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most people who aren't balding middle age men will agree with me, the GTS-R minus the extreme race stuff is how the street car should have looked. Those wider fenders just scream exotic. The car makes sense. I don't think Ralph is stupid. I think SRT purposely watered down the GTS so that they can sell a more expensive and extreme model in the future.

Why do you have to insult balding middle-aged men to make your point? I am not balding, but I am middle-aged. Does that mean I have lost my sense of "coolness" just because I have been around a few more years? I think the car has lost a little of the "muscle look" at least in pictures--I may change my mind in person (2D image vs. 3D).

Just remember two things my friend:

1. If it were not for balding middle-aged men this car would not be built because the majority of buyers fit that description (at least the middle-aged part).

2. Someday you will get older just like us and Karma can be a *****.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Im middle aged but not balding. I know a few guys in there 20's that are balding lol. So the two arent necessarily linked:D

i do think the car got a bit feminized for the lack of a better word. But its only apparent to me from the much less aggressive and un-snakelike front end treatment.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from the unveil and the new Viper is really nice. Better in person than from the pictures. But OMG...the new GTSR is absolutely wicked, WICKED! IMO, it stole the show standing next to the new Viper. But the interior on the new Viper is stunning. Launch control, stability control, active suspension, and even electric adjustable seats up and down. Ralph said that the new Viper gains 3 more inches of seat travel to accomodate the taller folks. It's a stunning Viper in person. I love the Gen2-cues in the new Viper. I'm not a fan of the engine coverings...it does come across as plasticky-feeling to me. The crossbrace was a nice touch making this Viper 50% stiffer than the 2010! But that GTSR is sick, can't waint to see it racing in american lemans.

I hope they come out with an ACR option and add the GTS-R body effects and a boost in HP to 700...................................That would make this car a killer :2tu:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I hope they come out with an ACR option and add the GTS-R body effects and a boost in HP to 700...................................That would make this car a killer :2tu:

Yep, I agree. If they do that...I will buy one.

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its not ugly, but I just wasn't expecting a GTS with a body kit....

Leojmcca

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, there is a new generation of Vipers..that's enough for me.

Front view looks like a Ferarri 550. Would like the black out grille to go all the way down.
Side view is dead on GTS reborn to me.
Rear view looks like an Aston Martin

Overall, it's nice. so it doesn't have 700HP, I don't remember to many people complaining about how slow their Gen. IV's were.

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you need to show the image from the front and rear. The side clearly looks like the viper the front looks like a ferrari f12 and the rear of a aston martin. Absolutely hate it totally back asswards in design! They should have never listened to any owners and designed it how they thought fit. They designed the first viper and the gts without our input which turned out to be the best and most edgy design of it's time highly sought after even today. Why should they listen to owners now Big mistake!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Overall, it's nice. so it doesn't have 700HP, I don't remember to many people complaining about how slow their Gen. IV's were.

True but with the 100HP leap from Gen 3 to Gen 4...and with the gossip...all indications were more.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOT sure on this model. Will have to see it when Tomball gets one. The interior is a 10 except the red color IMO. Was really hoping a model like Lee posted last week. The rumored 660 HP would of been better too but really like the brace over the motor. Styling is very questionable except the exhaust outlets which I really like. Pricing for the GTS is way too high. Probably will keep my 09 ACR.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love it, Great to see the Viper and SRT making something like this in these times, well done.
There are a couple of things Im not too keen on, but overall its stunning :)

Sorry, I keep looking at the front nose and its reminding me of this!
You must be registered for see images attach

(The fish mouth) Not the chap Holding it ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude