BILLET SILVER METALLIC CLEAR COAT
GUNMETAL PEARL $1000
RACE YELLOW (N/A with Black/Header Red seats) $1000
VENOM BLACK CLEAR COAT
VIPER WHITE CLEAR COAT
GTS-R BLUE PEARL COAT - (replaces Shadow Blue, Late Availability) $1000
STRYKER RED (Late Availability)
ANODIZED CARBON (Late Availability)

Looks like we have our first hint about the matte black car we saw at the factory...

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure? I was told its a limited edition, about 22 to 30 total. A couple of 2014s that were bumped from 2013, but that's it. Then no more.
Not ruling the Green out at all, just haven't seen it listed (yet) in the info I have access to.

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I was referring to Stryker Red. I thought they were retiring it.
Stryker Red is clearly listed (in a very recent document), but ya never know with Chrysler, they are always all over the place when it comes to colors.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree with Policy. Grab a deal. Unless there is something you MUST have.

waiting a 1/2 year or more in the dark on a build with this company is ok too but just make sure u have a good pair of pliers cuz its like pulling teeth getting info on production.

the must haves that are worth it are stryker reds and stryker green if they make it, maybe a TA; a whole other market is buying a 2013 leftover with zero miles instead of ordering a 2014; same body style, same car, only it exists...

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
waiting a 1/2 year or more in the dark on a build with this company is ok too but just make sure u have a good pair of pliers cuz its like pulling teeth getting info on production.

the must haves that are worth it are stryker reds and stryker green if they make it, maybe a TA; a whole other market is buying a 2013 leftover with zero miles instead of ordering a 2014; same body style, same car, only it exists...
If I were in the market for a GTS instead of an SRT, I totally would have jumped on something that was on a show room floor. Seeing as there were no SRT with base options I wanted, I basically had to wait...

But, anyone wanting a GTS, there is basically anything you want out there option wise.

Save a few thousand and buy off a lot!

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....its like pulling teeth getting info on production.
No argument there. They are finally about caught up on the 2013 models though, over 100 have advanced to KZ (plant release) this month so far, ~40 in the past few days.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were in the market for a GTS instead of an SRT, I totally would have jumped on something that was on a show room floor. Seeing as there were no SRT with base options I wanted, I basically had to wait...

But, anyone wanting a GTS, there is basically anything you want out there option wise.

its why I made the move I did so yer preachin to the choir

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No argument there. They are finally about caught up on the 2013 models though, over 100 have advanced to KZ (plant release) this month so far, ~40 in the past few days.

cool so the northern customers in that category will have a whopping 90 days to enjoy their new toy before it starts to snow.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Save even more and forget about it.....lol

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of this drives me crazy. I thought SRT was cleaning up their act and frankly, I would like to see a spec. sheet with all the options, cost, and all the colors for the year. What if you order one color and kind of settled and then boom......ordering is available for non-TA in orange....that is just not right and if they are doing a green.....just tell us. If you are confused at the ordering process and unsure of the final color or outcome...why order a car in the first place. Please forgive me but I have two maybe rants...or frustrations....why not call the TA the Track Edition as all the previous models...final edition, first edition. etc. and why did SRT not do the blue stitching in the LE......? The 96 was black, the 2006 had neat blue stitching and the LE ? white.....yuck...and there are so many of them out there the price for one has dropped like a rock.

No problem since I bought the winning ticket for the raffle car.

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I probably would try to find one now but the problem is that I let my dealer talk me into trading my 09 ACR in early to "get the best buck I could get" so just after I ordered my 13 he had it sold, that was in Nov I think. That was my deposit. After I canceled my 13 and was waiting for 14 ordering I let them keep the deposit. So here in Florida you only have to pay sales tax on the difference between the trade and what you pay for the new car. So if I get my deposit back (and I'm not sure I would get it all back) and find a 13 I'll have to pay the tax on the full price.
Looking back now I wish I'd have kept the ACR, hell of a car and now I'm not so sure of any gen 5.

Just in case does anyone know of a GTS yellow with black stripes out there on a lot? Any way to do a search for one?

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap!!! Stunning. I didn't realize how bad ass yellow with black stripes is. That's risen to the top of my list, gorgeous!

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Capt. Van, sorry but are you nuts? Is this one missing anything you want? Offer him $12K below sticker and start from there. Buy it!!!

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen the window sticker as yet.

I'm not skeert about flying anywhere to pick up a car.

Good idea about talking to my dealer, on my list for first thing tomorrow.

I'm thinking 15k off but who knows. I'd still like the SRT hood better but this just might work.

UPDATE, she was sold, so I'll wait, but man that thing is flat out bad.

My first Viper was a 2002 GTS same color combo and I did like it better than the silver and my last one ACR red & black.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen the window sticker as yet.

I'm not skeert about flying anywhere to pick up a car.

Good idea about talking to my dealer, on my list for first thing tomorrow.

I'm thinking 15k off but who knows. I'd still like the SRT hood better but this just might work.

UPDATE, she was sold, so I'll wait, but man that thing is flat out bad.

My first Viper was a 2001 GTS same color combo and I did like it better than the silver and my last one ACR red & black.

Well you picked a winning combo. Last I looked there are 63 black Vipers for sale, but only 3 in yellow. Exclusive. Worth the wait, if that's what you really want.

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well you picked a winning combo. Last I looked there are 63 black Vipers for sale, but only 3 in yellow. Exclusive. Worth the wait, if that's what you really want.

Yup she's whats I wants. When and if I ever get it I will post pictures, if I'm still young enough to see the keyboard (turn 62 on Thursday and running low on jellybeans).

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received rock-solid confirmation that Stryker Red WILL NOT be available for order for 2014 models. There are a handful of Stryker Reds that will be 2014s, because they were previous orders that got bumped from 2013MY to 2014MY.

Those of us that have Stryker Reds, either on order or in our driveways, are relieved!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's good 4 u todd...now where's my stryker green vert...I'm already thinking of my upgrade :)

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well after seeing what happened to u I woulnt wait a year for it that's for damn sure....not even an aventador is worth a year wait on a build imo

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup she's whats I wants. When and if I ever get it I will post pictures, if I'm still young enough to see the keyboard (turn 62 on Thursday and running low on jellybeans).

I saw a bumble bee GTS in a showroom a week or so ago and it was jaw dropping:headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang