201MPH

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight.The evidence that you are a WIZARD will still be available to us.butt we will be able to access is more rapidly. :nana:

LOVE AND PEACE TO ALL

what time will the turkey be ready .should i can over a day early for our man bonding

You should follow your own advice and just add me to your ignore list. Since you obviously have some hard-on for me that you follow me around heckling me, perhaps it would be better for both of us if you just didn't read my posts. You can take your love, peace and the turkey and shove 'em all up your @$$.

I'll say it really slow for the roofers in the crowd since apparently I upset your shallow mind..... Start braking before you hit something, or in your case, just after.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on whether you've folded your mirrors in or not like the fast guys in Florida .. :bonker:

MPH x 1.466 = feet per second

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a fuzzy answer is desired, I have it. Deceleration is always faster than acceleration. The difference depends on the weight of the car. On 3000 lbs cars deceleration is about 50-60% of the acceleration. Assuming the longer rate as 65%, the fuzzy answer is it takes about 60% of the distance it took you to accelerate from 70-200 mph.

e.g. A stock GTS does 0-100 in about 9 sec and 100-0 mph in about 5 sec.

Using that, it would mean a GTS should decelerate from speed y to speed x in about 55% of the time it accelerated from speed x to speed y. And then use the math supplied by others above.

viper1108

Enthusiast
Reaction score
try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight.The evidence that you are a WIZARD will still be available to us.butt we will be able to access is more rapidly. :nana:

LOVE AND PEACE TO ALL

what time will the turkey be ready .should i can over a day early for our man bonding

Please sell your Viper............. :bonker:

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly how stable are our cars at that speed? Not that my Viper could currently make it that fast, but if it could....Window problems?

Depends on the year of car, but VERY VERY stable. I'd have no problem taking my hands off the wheel at 170 on a good road. Done 210 in an RT/10 (which are considered very sketchy compared to a GTS) with the top off/windows down and it was fine, never gave me even the slightest feeling of being uncomfortable. (note that car was SLAMMED at the time, and had a very specific alignment to be stable at high speeds.

The car will do a lot, the determining factor is how big the brass is between your legs.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly how stable are our cars at that speed? Not that my Viper could currently make it that fast, but if it could....Window problems?

Depends on the year of car, but VERY VERY stable. I'd have no problem taking my hands off the wheel at 170 on a good road. Done 210 in an RT/10 (which are considered very sketchy compared to a GTS) with the top off/windows down and it was fine, never gave me even the slightest feeling of being uncomfortable. (note that car was SLAMMED at the time, and had a very specific alignment to be stable at high speeds.

The car will do a lot, the determining factor is how big the brass is between your legs. [/quote

That is good to know, my fear is not being afraid to be traveling that fast, it is about getting pulled over. I have been about 150 max, never pushed much farther than that.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is good to know, my fear is not being afraid to be traveling that fast, it is about getting pulled over. I have been about 150 max, never pushed much farther than that.

[/QUOTE] You are F'd at anything over 90 anyways so why not go 201 if your car can do it...I trust my Valentine 1...I go well over a 100 every time I go out....Al

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you pass a cop thats stopped and you're doing 150... put your foot to the floor and get the %(#)$* out of there lol

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you pass a cop thats stopped and you're doing 150... put your foot to the floor and get the %(#)$* out of there lol

HAHAHAHAHAHA...True True..I don't think I would be inclined to stop going that fast...Take my chances running.

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
e.g. A stock GTS does 0-100 in about 9 sec and 100-0 mph in about 5 sec.

Using that, it would mean a GTS should decelerate from speed y to speed x in about 55% of the time it accelerated from speed x to speed y. And then use the math supplied by others above.

Just remember that the faster you are going the longet it takes to continue accelerating. The opposite applies for decelerating, the faster you are going the more drag = more rapid deceleration. This is assuming a pure lift-throttle condition.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buncha Pansies... :eek: .. try this on a motorcycle ifn ya want a real rush :cool:

been there done that.

let me guess you ride a hayabusa :rolleyes:

personally i think doin it in a boat gives a better buzz. don't forget to throw out your parachute after you run the 1/4 mile in less than 5 seconds at 250+ mph. the shut down area is only a 1/2 mile long :eek:

277611952780x.jpg

277604_04_IHBA_0889_628.jpg

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a boat??? :cool: Err...can I get back to you Fast Freddy?? That is really balls out. That is completely nuts. Maybe I'm CRAZY..but I'm not NUTS :D
Sheesh...I'm getting all tingly just thinking about it. :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine