2nd Dyno after DC Performance

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: Well I just got back my computer last week from DC Performance and they did some mods to it. I look around and see all this HP and Torque on other vipers with less and I wonder whats up. I have my 04 with Corsa and K&N The first Dyno ( three runs) gave me 443.89 HP and 465.42 torque rear wheel . After the DC Mods 450.49 HP and 480.87 torque rear wheel the fuel air seems just about perfect between 4200 and 4900 rpm and richens up to 12.69 at 5800 rpm. It seems to me these numbers are somewhat low even when compared to older vipers with less factory Hp. I was on a Dyno Research Machine and I hear that these are the ones everyone calls the best. Seems like the HP game is over for this motor gaining only 7hp and 15 lbs trque for $500.00. I can't imagine changing pullys, throttle bodies, and expect much more. I am beginning to realize that if its not turboed it will just always be about the same as it sits now. Like to hear some feedback on this...... Thanks Chris

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not judge the computer tweeks by just the maximum HP and Torque.

Look at the whole curve, not just the maxumum numbers.

Throttle response should be crisper, and pull stronger through pervious soft spots.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you went 3" and pulled out the cats you might pick up another 15 or so rwhp. Pully or throttle body will maybe give 5 or so peak rwhp...like Paul said look at the power gains through out the curve, not just peak.

also different dyno's will show different numbers.....your's may read lower than others. Look at Kenric there, he pulled out 704 rwhp with just a paxton and nothing else...some might say those numbers are higher than they should be.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is true about dynos. Mustang dynos read lower power than Dyno Jets and so on. Power under the curve is what counts.

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not judge the computer tweeks by just the maximum HP and Torque.

Look at the whole curve, not just the maxumum numbers.

Throttle response should be crisper, and pull stronger through pervious soft spots.
Paul I have to say that I am not dissappointed in the cars performance. It is much smoother and I feel more power for sure (in the seat) I am just amazed to see such high numbers on other vipers. If i can figure how to post my runs I will put them on here.
Thanks
Chris

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you went 3" and pulled out the cats you might pick up another 15 or so rwhp. Pully or throttle body will maybe give 5 or so peak rwhp...like Paul said look at the power gains through out the curve, not just peak.

also different dyno's will show different numbers.....your's may read lower than others. Look at Kenric there, he pulled out 704 rwhp with just a paxton and nothing else...some might say those numbers are higher than they should be.
I had the cats off and the car shattered windows and knocked pictures on walls. I had to put them back on. Like I told Paul I think it runs great DC knows Vipers so what they did to the computer did make it better.
:2tu:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I did the DC performance tune, I removed cats at same time as I dyno'd. With cats removed and DC tune, I picked up 21 rwhp. Some of that from cats removed, some from the tune. But the tune smoothed things out and really gained big between 3-5k rpms. I saw like a 30-40 rwhp differnce and almost 50 rwtq thru the sweet part of 3-5k rpms.
I was very happy as Im not drivng around at 6k rps all the time. Most races and roll ons start at about 3k rpms, so I definately noticed a difference when racing other cars or friends.

And your other post is true.....You want to see big gains, TT or Paxton, its the only way you'll see those 200+ HP gains

418viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the stock cylinder head 273cfm intake and weak cam. Get yourself a set of stryker or ported heads and a decent cam and you should see 40 to 50 more hp. Come to think of it the dang exhaust ports stink also.

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I did the DC performance tune, I removed cats at same time as I dyno'd. With cats removed and DC tune, I picked up 21 rwhp. Some of that from cats removed, some from the tune. But the tune smoothed things out and really gained big between 3-5k rpms. I saw like a 30-40 rwhp differnce and almost 50 rwtq thru the sweet part of 3-5k rpms.
I was very happy as Im not drivng around at 6k rps all the time. Most races and roll ons start at about 3k rpms, so I definately noticed a difference when racing other cars or friends.

And your other post is true.....You want to see big gains, TT or Paxton, its the only way you'll see those 200+ HP gains

Mike thats so true it does run much better and the fuel mix is perfect in that range, right under 13 and richening up at the top end to 12.69. the hp in that 3500 to 4500 range is 480+. I really enjoy this forum, so much good information. I don't really want to go paxton I really see no need to void my warranty and certainly doing heads, cam etc will result in me over the motor more than I want to be. Been there done that with my boat (glad thats out of my life)
Thanks