3 Vipers going at Barrett Jackson Auction this year.

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well scottgf, quit peeping. Who is that bald dude that gave $1,150,000 for that 1970 LS6 Chevelle?????????????
Who has that kind of spendable cash that he's been throwing around?

He also bought that GM bus for $4 mil, who is he?

Actually, I believe he was the runner up bidder and didn't win it. That would explain why he had the money to buy the other cars. But that's for another thread. ;)

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were there & it was a BLAST!, Thanks to the Arizona club for the excellent lunch.

What I dont understand is a shelby mustang went for 450k then a REAL 427 COBRA stalled at 390??? Or a fake camaro or gt 350 going for 450k yet a real ford gt40 w 5k mile survivor going for 350k+- ??? The cars provenance means nada? or these guys just dont care about race cars?

A real sox & martin 68 SS hemi cuda went for under 200k , yeat a clone fetches just as much?????

Agreed. I was amazed seeing the fake GT500 Eleanors going for near or over $200K when it likely cost less than $100K to build. Yet custom hot rods costing more than $400K to build were selling for around $100K. I think like many things it all comes down to popularity. Can't wait till the Vipers become really popular. There are some many young kids that love our cars that they will definitely be worth mega bucks eventually.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< A real sox & martin 68 SS hemi cuda went for under 200k , yeat a clone fetches just as much????? >>

it all comes down to the odds of more than one person, with more money than common sense, both wanting the same car. there is no logic to any of it. done even try.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
B-J is great fun, but little more than rich rednecks who have no idea what cars are worth trying to show off in front of their girlfriends. These "muscle cars" are neat and historical and all that but most were built poorly and ran like sh$% when new (I am old enough to remember) so it's not likely that got better in 35 yrs. It is laughable to see a Roadrunner go for big $$$ and Ferraris go for better than reasonable.

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a great time with my fellow VCA memebers and checking out Barrett-Jackson for the first time! Got to see a lot of the auction on Saturday, amazing prices! I will try and make this a yearly thing...too much fun!

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had a great time with my fellow VCA memebers and checking out Barrett-Jackson for the first time! Got to see a lot of the auction on Saturday, amazing prices! I will try and make this a yearly thing...too much fun!

I am going for sure next year....
Is it true, if you go in as a bidder its $350.00 for the whole week plus you can take a friend, and all drinks are included??? (Hell, I could drink my $350.00 in 4 days, Ill just need to keep my hands in my pocket so i dont bid)
Cheers,

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it true, if you go in as a bidder its $350.00 for the whole week plus you can take a friend, and all drinks are included??? (Hell, I could drink my $350.00 in 4 days, Ill just need to keep my hands in my pocket so i dont bid)
Cheers,

[/QUOTE]

True, did you see the Hemi Cuda that went to 195 then back down to 165 for a few minutes on saturday? Ask the PREZ how that happened! :cool:

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cheers,

True, did you see the Hemi Cuda that went to 195 then back down to 165 for a few minutes on saturday? Ask the PREZ how that happened! :cool:

[/QUOTE]

Oh Mr. Prez......Wha Happened!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960