315 R6's up front on stock Gen III wheels?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody run 315's up front on the stock Gen III wheels?
I've been running 295's, but shredded them both at my last track day and just wondering if 315's would give me issues.
Car has stock suspension.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run them on the fronts of my Gen 4 but that’s not what tearing up your tires. It’s more of a lack of negative camber. Youneed more camber up front. Both tires will be torn up if you push the car without enough camber.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, I got plenty of use form the old ones. I've got a pretty good amount of camber in the car, but didn't swap left to right enough. I wore out the outside edge of the driver side and inside edge of the passenger side. It was weird though. They were low on tread, but not corded at all. The sidewall just began separating from the tire.

I'm just wondering about running the 315's if they will fit. Are the Gen 4 ACR wheels the same width and offset as the Gen III 10 spokes? Any issues on rubbing? They will obviously be used as track tires only, but if I turn all the to lock in the pits, am I going to catch something and tear it up?

I'll probably only track the Viper once a year from now on (NARRA) because I ordered a dedicated race car last month. Since the tires will probably get hard before I wear them out now anyway, I'm looking at used tires and found some 315's.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235