315's ok for a 17" rim?

Alley

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the Nitto 315/35/17 Drag Radials work with stock Gen I rims? Or is there another drag radial that is wider that you would recomend and be ok for mostly street use.

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure why you'd want a drag radial for mostly street use, much less one that's narrower than stock, but Hoosier makes a 335/35/17 DOT tire. It's really a strip tire that you can drive to the track, and you'd kill yourself if the street was wet. Basically a slick with some grooves in it.

OP
OP
A

Alley

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, there might be some racing on said street once in a while. I looked into the Hoosiers but like you said, there more of a slick and I wanted something that would be ok if I get caught in the rain or something. Even though there narrower then stock I was thinking since there a drag radial they would still hook up better. I'm deffinatly open to suggestions.

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you went to an 18" rim, you'd have more choices in a 335 or 345 drag radial better suited for the street, but you probably knew that...

OP
OP
A

Alley

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, not interested in new rims at the moment. So will the Nitto's even work, or are they too skinny? Or would you just plain not reccomend going more narrow then stock?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX