360 forged question

8mywal8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wheel sensors hit the E Brake. How do you fix this? Why do they hit there made for these cars?

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front ones hit the control arm, the fix to this is to strap it to the inside like they do with the z06's.

personally i dont run TPMS sensors in mine,the lowtire sign it throws doesn't bother me.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to run ebrake relocation kits...you have to do this with most aftermarket wheels. All the main vendors sell them

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Although I have never heard of any customers hitting the front control arms I guess there is a fix?:dunno:

As Ryan suggested you run an e brake relocation kit. Same thing as the guys running 18's here it just flips the ebrake mounting bracket which gives you plenty of room!

Andy Wheeler:2tu::2tu:

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I have never heard of any customers hitting the front control arms I guess there is a fix?:dunno:

As Ryan suggested you run an e brake relocation kit. Same thing as the guys running 18's here it just flips the ebrake mounting bracket which gives you plenty of room!

Andy Wheeler:2tu::2tu:

How would relocating the ebrake stop the sensor from hitting the control arm?

its the front ones that hit, not the rear.

The sensors need to be mounted on the inside.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, the OP says it hits the e-brake, which is on the rear wheels. I think you are the one assuming its the fronts

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Never seen or heard of one hitting the front control arm. Our 19's don't hit period, if you want to run a smaller wheel then you just wouldn't run a sensor, or at least not that style sensor.

None of my customers have ever had an issue with this problem.

Andy

carlv12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I hope these instructions help you (please see also pics at the end)

E-Brake Bracket kit
1- Put Viper on jack stands
2-Remove rear wheels & under tray
3-Remove plastic clips that hold ABS harness to parking brake cable, both sides
4- Remove cable end and slip housing out of pulley bracket
5- Remove pulley housing from caliper. This housing and pulley will not be reused but the socket head bolts will be
6- Remove the 3 cable hold down clamps from each cable
7-Install new bracket with bracket on top side of caliper, with bolts coming up from bottom(pulley bracket was mounted on the bottom)
8- Swap cable arms side to side with arm being slightly pointing down to rear bumper, but almost horizontal
9-Caliper end of coil springs needs to be bent slightly to aim at the arm end to better grab the cable arm. The spring grabs the upper point now instead of rear point
10- Now come the hard part…. Pull the cables forward and reroute them thru the triangular opening on each side of the diff. Criss-cross on top of diff, underside of the frame rail, behind the shock, front side of the otter tie rod end, into the rectangle bracket, attach cable into slot
11- Drill new holes so clamps hold cables from moving parts
12- Plastic tie ABS harness to sway bar arms
13-When everything is done, pump parking brake handle approx 6 times to seat cable and auto-adjust parking brake mechanism
14- You can test parking brake by starting engine and work first gear against brake
15- Install undertray
16-Install wheels , torque to 90 ft lbs.

Best regards from Valencia, Spain

Carlos

Last edited:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Carlos!

Hello,

I hope these instructions help you (please see also pics at the end)

E-Brake Bracket kit
1- Put Viper on jack stands
2-Remove rear wheels & under tray
3-Remove plastic clips that hold ABS harness to parking brake cable, both sides
4- Remove cable end and slip housing out of pulley bracket
5- Remove pulley housing from caliper. This housing and pulley will not be reused but the socket head bolts will be
6- Remove the 3 cable hold down clamps from each cable
7-Install new bracket with bracket on top side of caliper, with bolts coming up from bottom(pulley bracket was mounted on the bottom)
8- Swap cable arms side to side with arm being slightly pointing down to rear bumper, but almost horizontal
9-Caliper end of coil springs needs to be bent slightly to aim at the arm end to better grab the cable arm. The spring grabs the upper point now instead of rear point
10- Now come the hard part…. Pull the cables forward and reroute them thru the triangular opening on each side of the diff. Criss-cross on top of diff, underside of the frame rail, behind the shock, front side of the otter tie rod end, into the rectangle bracket, attach cable into slot
11- Drill new holes so clamps hold cables from moving parts
12- Plastic tie ABS harness to sway bar arms
13-When everything is done, pump parking brake handle approx 6 times to seat cable and auto-adjust parking brake mechanism
14- You can test parking brake by starting engine and work first gear against brake
15- Install undertray
16-Install wheels , torque to 90 ft lbs.

Best regards from Valencia, Spain

Carlos

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21