3rd gen brakes on 2nd gen questions

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if i want to put the bigger srt 10 calipsers of a 03 viper and up on my 02 gts what all do i exactly need?? i know 4newer rotors and 4 sets of brake pads and the 4 calipers, but now when it comes to mounting the calipers to my hubs do these bolt up no problems or whats teh scoop?? thanks

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need the Dave's Big Brakes kit.

You must be registered for see images

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PartsRack.com - Home

Give him a call and start piecing together your kit.

Rough estimate is 3600 but I was able to do the full kit including calipers for 2800. Just depends on bargain shopping and other nice VCA members. Ellowviper set me up with a set of stainless lines, Billy ***** set me up with the OEM rotors Gen 3.
By the way, hands down best upgrade for a Gen 2!

OP
OP
H

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ya its pretty bad my new sti had better brakes than my v10 viper lol but ya im going to do it looks killer too by the way them pics very very clean!! Ya i got the 4 calipers for 500$ they are mint, and 4 rotors and pads for 500 too so what else do i need brrake lines and brackets and the emergency brake piece too??

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok as far as rotors, you can ONLY use the front SRT rotors, even in the back. Jon, correct me if I am wrong. Lemme repeat myself

You can ONLY use the "FRONT SRT ROTORS" on your Gen 2 viper, front and back. The way you tell which ones are the fronts are you lay them on the rotor hat and I believe the tall ones are the fronts, but don't quote me. Ask an expert about that one.

You will need 1 Daves BBK front brackets, 1 Daves BBK rear bracket kit, 1 emergency brake kit, stainless steel lines.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yes i got 4 srt 10 slotted and drilled rotors, and what is with the hub spacers or what ever theya re with the wheel nuts on them for?? Whats the brackets and lines and emergency brake kits worth?? thanks

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the Dave's BBK takes SRT front rotors only.

Jon B @ Parts Rack bought Dave's business after Dave passed away last year, and he can answer your questions as well as sell you the parts. I bought what you see in the pics from Dan at Viper Specialty, but that is a choice for you to make - who you buy them from.

You will need in addition to the calipers and appropriate rotors the bracket kit, and I would not skip the hose kit either.

Be sure and discuss wheel size/brake fitment with your retailer.

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave has the BEST pictures of the BBK upgrade !

Happy, what wheels are you planning on running?
If you are planning on using the Stock wheels....then I hope you got 13" rotors for the rear.
If you have aftermarket wheels then you should be ok with 14" rotors on the rear.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have stocks on now but i also picked up a set of monostars that i dont want anymore there 20's so if anyone wants a cheap set of 20's tehre for sale black with polished lip im getting a set of 20's
not sure what there called. lol

Are you selling some I-forged Astras OR are you buying some?

That looks like Matt's car....

If you are selling those you have pictured, PM me.

OP
OP
H

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no i want to get i forged but i have 20" monostars for sale and my stock wheels in very good shape for sale too.