40mm Rear Brake Calipers special

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm running a "special" and offering the 40mm rear brake calipers for a $999 price so you do not have to return your old calipers as cores. The normal $660+cores option remains.

These rear brakes offer the least expensive and easiest alternative to better braking for the non-ABS Viper. They are a simple 2-hour remove-and-replace job for the average mechanic. You can re-use all your other components: pads, hoses, attaching hardware, and they will fit under all year and size Viper wheels.

Test results with a 1994 RT show the 40mm calipers provide over 1.0 G deceleration rates with street tires and partnered with the OEM front brakes. You'll avoid getting flat spots on the front tires because they provide balanced braking for street, autocross, and track use. To date, over 125 Vipers have installed 40mm calipers. Tator's Dodge keeps them in stock if you wish to have Chuck install them (like he did on his personal car!)

I've put up a website with much of the info posted through the years on these forums. However, as most of you know, I'd be happy to answer any questions.

40mmBrakes

Yes, I'm working on the brake covers, too. Coming soon, I hope.
Powdercoating will be a future option.
These are for 1992-2000 non-ABS Vipers only.
If you have old rear calipers for sale, please contact me.