4th Annual Viper Club Dyno Day Wrap-Up

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

A dyno separates the men from the boys and we were happy to host the Viper Club for the 4th year to allow everyone to measure their... well... horsepower.

From Rick Hollis' 850 rwhp 9-second daily driver to a Dodge Neon road-racer, the dyno gave the cars their report card.

21 vehicles were dynoed between 9am and 2pm including Anhtuan Pham's naturally aspirated 2006 Gen 3 Viper equipped with DC Performance's Stage 3 SuperTuned package which laid down a whopping 580 rwhp!

Great people, good weather, and better-than-average BBQing by DC's own Tony Parr made for a very successful 4th Annual Viper Club Dyno Day @ DC Performance and we'd like to thank everyone who helped make it such a special day.

Name: HP / TQ
Anhtuan Pham: 580.70 / 543.70 (Gen 3) - Headers, cam, intake manifold, 355 gears, heads (Stage 3 by DC Performance)
Sean Casey: 550.14 / 532.62 (Gen 4) - Headers, ECU upgrade, 333 gears
Eddie Arguelles: 509.23 / 473.69 (Gen 4) - Stock
Randy Tribolet: 409.43 / 445.01 (Gen 2) - Roller, rockers, headers
Dan Everts: 545.29 / 519.09 (Gen 4) 0 Headers, ECU upgrade
Angel Calderon: 432.08 / 452.32 (Gen 3) - Stock
Mike Buckingham: 553.45 / 531.20 (Gen 4) - Headers, ECU upgrade
Mike Sinkinson: 431.68 / 446.96 (Gen 3) - Corsa exhaust
Lawrence Kraus: 507.73 / 482.69 (Gen 4) - Stock
Eric Dedominc: 629.77 / 656.13 (Gen 2) - Supercharged
Siam Kobi: 564.58 / 538.41 (Gen 4) - Headers, ECU upgrade
Bruce Li: 540.08 / 516.55 (Gen 4) - Headers, ECU upgrade, 355 gears
Dave Sweeney: 570.05 / 544.88 (Gen 2) - Supercharged
Hugh Hoard: 519.01 / 498.61 (ZR1 Corvette) - Stock
Rick Hollis: 850.38 / 809.82 (Gen 2) - Supercharged
Ken Alker: 422.28 / 464.38 (Gen 2) - Headers, catback, 355 gears
Jose Avila: 379.42 / 433.69 (Gen 2) - Stock
Bill OConnell: 397.82 / 433.79 (Gen 2) - Stock
Gary Gawlas: 567.17 / 517.96 (Mustang GT500 KR)
Mark Rhodes: 341.67 / 409.05 (Gen 1) - Stock

Best Stock: Eddie Arguelles
Best Modified: Anhtuan Pham
Top Eliminator: Rick Hollis

We are in the process of editing a video and some pictures and will have them posted soon...

Last edited:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the DCP web site..

DC PERFORMANCE INC. MOTORSPORTS PARTS, SERVICE, & PERFORMANCE CENTER

Stage 3:
K&N Filters
Competition ported heads
1.7 true roller rocker arms
Chromoly Pushrods & Performance lifters
Extrude honed intake
Stainless side exhaust

DC Performance prides itself in producing performance packages that will pass emissions certification in all states. Our stage 1-3 packages will pass the visual, functional and emissions dynamometer test required in many states. This is an important fact that will maximize the value of your vehicle.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Kala and Sean for the feedback. We had a great time at the dyno day and really enjoyed seeing everyone. In regards to the Gen 3 Viper we prepared for Anthaun Pham, this build and those to follow have us excited.

In the past we sort of hit the wall in terms of hp for the Gen 3 cars at about 530rwhp for street and emission applications. With some development work we have found some improvements that have paid off in big hp. A combination of improved cylinder pressure (cam and compression balance) and major intake manifold modifications have given good results. A
600rwhp emissions friendly package is in the works!

Stay tuned for a fun video of the dyno day.

Last edited:

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, thanks to everyone at DC Performance for hosting us and they did a great job, as always. My ACR pulled a 540 and am quite happy w/ the numbers as I retained the factory OEM mufflers with the Belanger headers. I was expecting to be down more than the 5 to 10 HP w/o the Belanger or Corsa mufflers. This setup doesn't drone at all so if you are on the fence about Belanger headers but afraid that it would be too loud, by all mean consider mating it to the factory mufflers.
What was interesting was the first pull netted only 536, second pull netted 2 more HP, then 2 more to 540 at the third pull. I've had turbo motors that just dropped 5+ HP w/ each successive pulls. 5 more pulls, maybe the car will put out 550???!!! Yeah the new headers and ECU need time to learn the driving habits.

NYC SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Kala and Sean for the feedback. We had a great time at the dyno day and really enjoyed seeing everyone. In regards to the Gen 3 Viper we prepared for Anthaun Pham, this build and those to follow have use excited.

In the past we sort of hit the wall in terms of hp for the Gen 3 cars at about 530rwhp for street and emission applications. With some development work we have found some improvements that have paid off in big hp. A combination of improved cylinder pressure (cam and compression balance) and major intake manifold modifications have given good results. A
600rwhp emissions friendly package is in the works!

Stay tuned for a fun video of the dyno day.

Great, looking forward to this!

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We used the dynojet 224x. I must admit it was neat seeing that new ZR1 and Mustang Supersnake dyno, those blowers really whine. What really suprised everyone was that Anthaun Pham's 06 Viper made more power than both these blown cars, without a blower! Not bad for a heads and cam package.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What really suprised everyone was that Anthaun Pham's 06 Viper made more power than both these blown cars, without a blower! Not bad for a heads and cam package.
Dan I think you need to make sure you can hit the same numbers with another Gen III, I'll offer mine as the COMP test unit :lmao::lmao:

:eater::eater::eater:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan that is impressive. How well can you dial that setup in? How does it run and idle? I have been thinking of a heads and cam package but afraid to lose drivability.

We used the dynojet 224x. I must admit it was neat seeing that new ZR1 and Mustang Supersnake dyno, those blowers really whine. What really suprised everyone was that Anthaun Pham's 06 Viper made more power than both these blown cars, without a blower! Not bad for a heads and cam package.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We are finishing the final tune on that car so I will chime in shortly, I will try to get the dyno overlays and the video done this week.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala