4th to 5th gear issue

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since new (12miles) I have had a difficult shifting issue from 4th to 5th gear. Low rpms were rarely a problem, higher rpms might grind, might slide right in. NOW, at 18k miles, I am going to have to get the trans serviced...Anyone else had a similar issue out of their Gen IV??:blah::grumpy::ripped::dead::raincloud:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I MUST be missing something here...OR, there is a mileage typo above...especially as you have shown interest in various performance mods in several threads.

Have you ever had the car examined by a Viper Tech in the 17,988 miles since the problem was first noticed? Ever bled the clutch? If no EXPERIENCED Viper Tech is available locally, ship it to someone with experience...before your warranty is out. Good luck !!!

Edit: Here is a link to a local shop that has done work for some of our members...being posted only in an information sharing spirit:

RPM Transmissions T56 T-56 4L60E 4L65E

Note: while the next link addresses the T-56, they can do similar upgrades for TR-6060's...including changing 5th gear to a 0.80 (a la 2010) if you like!!!

Level V T56

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte