5 Point Harnesses, Where to go

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found out that my 5 point harnesses have an expiration date on them. Anyway, anyone want to buy some expired 5 point harnesses cheap? Can anyone explain this to me?

Also, where is the best place to go to get new 5 point harnesses?

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Utah,
As a rule, the manufacturers must put date codes on the belts which are used by sanctioning bodies to determine lifecycle of the belts. If your belts are in good condition, you may be able to send them back to the manufacturer for re-certification at a fraction of the cost of buying new belts. I believe TeamTech will re-certify for a small fee. Call them direct or I'm sure JonB can answer.

DN

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Utah,

I'm not sure about Simpson, but Dave is right about Team Tech. I just had a pair re-webbed at about half the cost of new.

Doc

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sure it is not the date that you bought the belts? Most companies clip out the month and year that they sold them to you.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some sancantioning bodies will only allow you to use belts that are 2 years old. Every 2 years you will need to update your belts.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the stock look of my black ACR 5 piont harnesses, for daily driving and track days.

2000 GTS Steel Grey
6 piston Baer claws up front, Front brakes in back, Quaife differential, GKH half shafts,
Alloy fly wheel, Short throw shifter, Polished aluminum intakes, K&N air filters,
Optima battery, Sterling silver ignition key, ACR 5 point harnesses.

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Daddy,

you're correct, they punch the dates out of when you purchased the belts, and my guess, is that becomes the effective "in service" date and thus it's life cycle starts on the date of stamp. However, if they are in good condition, you can get them re-certified by the mfg and they'll put a new stamp on them and begin the life cycle over.

DN

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang