5 spoke help - curb rash

nodoor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My new baby (2006 coupe) came to me with a little curb rash on two of the wheels. These are factory 5 spokes. I love the wheels. Can they be fixed? Would it just be better to fix them and them have the chromed? Thanks

OP
OP
N

nodoor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im in Cincinnati. The first is the front right and it has about a 4 inch long grind on it. Pretty good rash. The second is the back right it it is a very light grind put it covers 35-40% of the wheel. It shows up pretty good here. Thoughts?

Thanks for the offer on the 6 spokes. ;) I fell in love with the 5 spoke the day I saw them and knew that was the wheel I had to have on my Viper.

I would consider doing chrome on these as I think it would really stand out to the black.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those look like Runflats too. I would upgrade the tires while you are fixing the rims.

Bruce

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A buddy of mine curbed one of his rims. About $50 worth of sand paper and some clear coat and you can't even tell.

OP
OP
N

nodoor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those look like Runflats too. I would upgrade the tires while you are fixing the rims.

Bruce

Yes they are run flats. I do feel the car drift a bit when driving. They still have some good tread on them - for now. :D

I only have 2 more monthes of driving time most likely so my thought was to have some fun with these run flats and then upgrade the tires over the winter. I'm sure I will be asking for suggestions and pricing things out.

It sounds like it wont be too much of an issue to get these cleaned up. If anyone is close send me a note.

I'm sorry the pics felll off but I only get so much space until the membership directy is updated tomorrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery