$50 Exhaust mod worked out!

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am really happy with the sound that resulted from simply deleting the muffler. Removed the muffler assembly at the clamps (so easy to return to stock) and ran straight pipes out the back with Stainless Tips.

Looks good sounds great. Now this car has attitude at idle and through the RPM with no drone. Not overly loud but not quiet like it was. Now there is a greater "connect" to the car especially when stepping into it.

$50 ... me happy! :)

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was wondering about the drone too, mine drones a tad around 1700-2200 rpm, easy to control w/ the right foot

OP
OP
E

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I have only put on a few miles with the new set-up and I have yet to do the highway but so far I don't hear anything I would call drone.

Did you leave the stock cats and resonators?

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
roe high flows and kept the resonators

if you have stock cats, you may not have any drone

and i agree with you eliems, one of the best bang for the buck mods :2tu:

Last edited:

vipergtspa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any pictures and a sound clip? I was thinking of doing the same thing until I gather up the funds for a cat back and highflow cats.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember back in the days on my GTS the first thing I done was your $50 upgrade & deleted the cat aswell. From their I was hooked ( headers, diffs, flywheels ect ) ! I have run several mufflers to date & honestly the corsa track is the only exhaust that truly addresses the drone issue by design.

I bet we'll be hearing form you later, on some other performance upgrade. Once you go Viper you will never go back.

OP
OP
E

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, Now that I have put a few more miles on the car since the exhause mod it is now official ... I Like It!

Highway and no drone at all that I can hear (with the top off). Idle (someone described it as a deeper tone today) but I would say the sound under acceleration is tenor rather than bass if you know what I mean. Sounds nice.

I really did not want the sound to be too loud and this mod seems just right.

Probably my imagination but the car feels faster as well. :)

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ahh, your top is off, thats why. in a GTS, the rear hatch area acts like a huge resonating chamber.

sweet noble. I wish they'd come down in price faster =)

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sweet noble. I wish they'd come down in price faster =)

My friend's Noble [2007] is the last year under that name. New company [ Rossion] builds them now with upped HP and the price is probably gone higher, makes the Noble being a keeper , hence less used ones available on the market. Extremely well handling mid engine car. Acceleration and stopping is top notch, wish the Viper would stop as fast.Only 2340 lbs , 425 HP SAE , dynoed at 390 RWHP .

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score

My friend's Noble [2007] is the last year under that name. New company [ Rossion] builds them now with upped HP and the price is probably gone higher, makes the Noble being a keeper , hence less used ones available on the market. Extremely well handling mid engine car. Acceleration and stopping is top notch, wish the Viper would stop as fast.Only 2340 lbs , 425 HP SAE , dynoed at 390 RWHP .

yeah I know I know, I read a lot about them. I saw a few on the market for $40k 1-2 years ago, but now they're back to $55k+. they also don't have ABS. haha

OP
OP
E

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got back from a long trip (complete with unexpected snow making for some tense moments) and with my top on there is some drone at 2500 to 2700 RPM. Nothing to make me regret this mod though, I am enjoying the change.

Scary moment on slippery road when I tried to stop for a Hitchiker and the car broke loose sliding first one way and then the other before I got tractin back. :omg:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine