6 Disk install ?'s for those who have done it B4?

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
6 Disk install ?\'s for those who have done it B4?

I just purchased an Alpine 4913 adapter to use to install a six disk changer in my 95. Yes, I have read the So Cal write up and it does not help a lot. Can any of you guys that have actually done this give me some advice? What changer did you put in the back? The So Cal site gives a part# that looks obsolete. Do the newer units hook right up? What am I doing with the cables? I am guessing that the head unit accepts the RCA plugs and the other cable runs the length of the car? Does this cable handle everything, power ground, etc?? Did any of you run the cable through the inside of the car? I'm sure you would need a small hole in the back. As much as I don't like making holes, I don't like pulling on main harnesses and cutting up the grommets either. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks, Keith.

GG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 6 Disk install ?\'s for those who have done it B4?

Keith, Pull radio and plug 4913 into the radio's rca plugs, plug long Alpine DIN cable into 4913. Reinstall radio. Route DIN cable only to trunk per SoCal instructions. You can use Alpine CHMS 601, 611, 620 or 630 I think, in other words any Alpine M-Bus 6 disc CD Changer. Din cable simply plugs into changer at trunk. I mounted my changer with velcro to my trunk mat. make sure to adjust the orientation on the install of the changer (horizontal or vertical) to mitigate skipping. Email or PM if you have any ?'s...Gary

OP
OP
C

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Do you have to find power in the trunk or is it in the DIN cable? Anyone run the cable inside and punch through the back? Thanks again..KW

OP
OP
C

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Oh yea, the SoCal instructions say the harness is in the passenger side of the trunk. Mine looks like it is on the drivers side?? Can I con some one with a manual to copy the pages that show how to remove the head unit? Sorry to ask so many ?'s I'm sure it is not that hard.

GG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Power is in the DIN cable. Test it before running the cable, keep it on passenger side under tunnel following the harness. I would not drill any holes near gas tank, keep the wire outside, underneath. Careful removing the bezel, take your time removing the radio.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960