600 Hp plus is coming from Dodge soon

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 600 Hp plus is coming from Dodge soon

I have spoken with a number of people who claim to be involved in the development of the new Viper engine (and some I know for a fact are involved.) They all agree that a new engine is in the works. I have no idea what it will be like (supercharger or n/a) and no idea how much power it will put down. I don't know if there will be a new body style to go with it. All that I have heard consistently is that the new engine is targeted for production in the 2008 model year.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have spoken with a number of people who claim to be involved in the development of the new Viper engine (and some I know for a fact are involved.) They all agree that a new engine is in the works. I have no idea what it will be like (supercharger or n/a) and no idea how much power it will put down. I don't know if there will be a new body style to go with it. All that I have heard consistently is that the new engine is targeted for production in the 2008 model year.

great news :2tu: . but i hope theres not a new body style.
5580black.jpg

this cars too good looking to go so quickly

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great, now it's the 2008 model year....

Alright, time to clarify a few things to get rid of this type of ********.

Point #1 - they would not just make 1 year of the SRT Coupe, thus it should be clear that new superpowered Vipers would not be out next year (i.e., 2007 model year). How ********** would the buyers of that car be?

Point #2 - the Ford GT is a 3 year model run car in part due to proposed standards regarding frontal impact protection to go into effect at the end of 2007. Thus, certain redesign requirements may be necessary in advance of that for the Viper as well, and that would be the ideal time to address changes such as power increases, to make sure everything works out as a whole. Therefore, don't expect anything until then.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If the new Viper engine will be S/C or turbo powered, I will not buy it. I'm sure a lot of other Viper owners will agree. Besides those that buy a S/C or turbo model, will probably trash it and upgrade to aftermarket.

And as for body design, DC please stick with curves. Curves are timeless while angles look dated in under 10 years.

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I think the more angular Gen III looks great. Of course, people have different tastes. For example, I wouldn't be caught dead in a PT cruiser and if through some misalignment of the stars I found myself owning one, I certainly wouldn't list it in my signature line. :p

Seriously everyone's wish list is going to be somewhat different. I don't really see any unanimous agreement about what we all would want. I can't imagine that DC wants the Viper to die, unlike predictions from some of the wannabe Nostrodamasses continue to post. There will be market studies far more scientific than what each of us can do as individuals and then they will produse a car that makes the most business sense to DC. Some of us may love it and some of us will surely hate it and continue to whine. I seriously doubt it is worth the incessant hand wringing or lost sleep that you see on this thread and the 100 others just like it.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy my convertible and won't give a rat's *ss whether or not the new Vette or anything else is faster from the factory.

Sween, the pic you posted above looks incredible. The new coupe is an awesome car. I wouldn't trade my convertible for one, but it is an awesome car.

Dirk

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If sales don't pick up and the economy progresses downward there may not be a 2007 model to be concerned about. :(

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't care how they do it, just do it already.... :) I would buy it supercharged or turbo'd.... the potential for more power would be so easy.....

If the new Viper engine will be S/C or turbo powered, I will not buy it. I'm sure a lot of other Viper owners will agree. Besides those that buy a S/C or turbo model, will probably trash it and upgrade to aftermarket.

And as for body design, DC please stick with curves. Curves are timeless while angles look dated in under 10 years.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Early 2007....significant power increase.(April-May). It will be an 08 model. Body changes will be from the mirrors up, only. Rear end stays the same. 2010=Gen 4. New design totally. For design ques...see ME412. Some of the front end lighting etc may find its way onto the '08 model. You heard it here first. Or maybe someone else said the same thing. I didn't read all the posts.

No forced induction, bank on it.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the more angular Gen III looks great. Of course, people have different tastes. For example, I wouldn't be caught dead in a PT cruiser and if through some misalignment of the stars I found myself owning one, I certainly wouldn't list it in my signature line. :p Dirk

The aggressive, angular look of gen3's DO look great, unfortunately, the new coupe has the gen 2's timeless and **** curves duct taped to it. While the parts by themselves are georgous, as a whole, it's a tiny notch below both gen 2 and 3 vert. I still like it mind you, but the designer's laziness shows.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Early 2007....significant power increase.(April-May). It will be an 08 model. Body changes will be from the mirrors up, only. Rear end stays the same. 2010=Gen 4. New design totally. For design ques...see ME412. Some of the front end lighting etc may find its way onto the '08 model. You heard it here first. Or maybe someone else said the same thing. I didn't read all the posts.

No forced induction, bank on it.

if you can get any more info please post it :2tu: .

safireviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes. You are right on. Just like women, curves are timeless. I've said this before, with the exception of the Lambo Contach, not many cars that are square are considered classics. ( bring back the GTS designer! )

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

want power and be able to pass emissions even under load? easy...

1 - build blueprint spec engines with tight quench (under 0.035" clearance at TDC) and use space age coatings

2 - run more expensive low impedence injectors and higher fuel pressure for even better atomization

3 - run dual program driver changable ECU packages that have a street and race setting.... badge the race setting as for race only - but make it so it will run that setting on 93 or better... wink wink

Getting 30mpg doing this is a cake walk - it can be done with a lot more power on the existing engine, and at that efficiency I don't see emissions being insurmountable

lighten the package, set it up for 7000rpm and bring on a 500 cubic inch HEMI :2tu:

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You want 600+ HP?

Just buy a new Z06 and engage the flux capacitor. It's the switch to the right of the automatic lipstick applicator, which is next to the knee pad case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen