600 Hp plus is coming from Dodge soon

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just back from SEMA and the copper cpe you have seen has what is a factory installed upgrade.This will be aval. very shortly.............the big news is by 2007 (exact date is a secret) we will have what i was told is well over 600hp.From my conversation with a very very good source.My guess is 625-650hp from conversation.

UVBINBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am holding my breath. i give it 2 more years b4 dodge scraps the whole viper

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just back from SEMA and the copper cpe you have seen has what is a factory installed upgrade.This will be aval. very shortly.............the big news is by 2007 (exact date is a secret) we will have what i was told is well over 600hp.From my conversation with a very very good source.My guess is 625-650hp from conversation.

:cool: A Dodge saleman told me it will be a 650-700hp HEMI and will Runs 9's off the showroom floor, I can't wait. :2tu:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve is correct
UVBIN is not
M.ROD will have to wait for that announcement
Warfang is potentially correct (which is exactly why DC has been TOTALLY silent)
And 426? I never have figured out why he spends time in this forum...

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Any word on weight reduction?

Spot on. The car needs a diet and a Quaife, no more power. That's just a band-aid. I know it's probably cheaper to add HP, but if they're going to try to make the car competitive again, they should do it right.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: 600 Hp plus is coming from Dodge soon

Steve is correct
UVBIN is not
M.ROD will have to wait for that announcement
Warfang is potentially correct (which is exactly why DC has been TOTALLY silent)
And 426? I never have figured out why he spends time in this forum... -Y2K5SRT10
426, why isn't he a wannabe Chebby spokesman. ;)

Sounds like the 2007 model year Viper could prove to be quite interesting...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Spot on. The car needs a diet and a Quaife, no more power. That's just a band-aid. I know it's probably cheaper to add HP, but if they're going to try to make the car competitive again, they should do it right.

Less weight is always a good thing but I'll trade it for HP. The suspension isn't failing under load, the brakes are on par with Porsche, the handling and braking specs are at the top of the competition.

Gimme more HP.

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Less weight is always a good thing but I'll trade it for HP. The suspension isn't failing under load, the brakes are on par with Porsche, the handling and braking specs are at the top of the competition.

Gimme more HP.

:2tu: :2tu:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So with 600hp on tap, stock, who's gonna mod theirs? It's like if someone was going to mod an Enzo! If you are going to mod it how much work is Roe,DLM,RSI,etc.. going to be able to do on it?

Were they not telling us it would be impossible a few months ago? Something like driveshaft or flywheel wouldn't be able to take the power?

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Was this followed by a lot of winking, and noding,?????heard this before...there is no problem getting over 600 factory hp out of our motor, look at the marine application Viper motor, the problem is getting it to pass federal emissions tests, SRT will achieve this mark when funds are made available...

And if it takes them years to do this, it is ok by me, as long as they build Vipers I will buy them..this 06 FE Coupe they just built me is awesome, they are really listening to owner feedback and it shows in this car...

BTW, I was under the impression CAAP would be closed a production year (2007) So that they can retool for the production run of the FIREPOWER????

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gimme more HP.

Definetly see your points, Chuck, but I also think that there's a reason that all of the really fast cars in the world are as lightweight as possible. More power only increases performance in one area - acceleration. Less weight = better acceleration, braking, and handling.

The Z has a serious advantage here being 300 LBS lighter. Although it is going to be a lot more expensive to lighten the Viper when the cost is only spread out over, what 4,000 units/year vs. 15,000 for the Z.

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope they have something brewing for the upcoming NAIAS in January.

GM is rumored to unveil their 650HP BlueDevil Corvette there. I hope Dodge is preparing somthing to fire back with.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds good to me :headbang: I just hope they don't have a fast Viper and a slow Viper, make the increase across the board.... If they make an ACR, it should just be for handling and race stuff.....my 2 cents

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gimme more HP.

Definetly see your points, Chuck, but I also think that there's a reason that all of the really fast cars in the world are as lightweight as possible. More power only increases performance in one area - acceleration. Less weight = better acceleration, braking, and handling.

The Z has a serious advantage here being 300 LBS lighter. Although it is going to be a lot more expensive to lighten the Viper when the cost is only spread out over, what 4,000 units/year vs. 15,000 for the Z.

$$$ There's your answer Clint. I'll tolerate the weight if it means I can afford a 600hp car that outperforms everything else in it's class.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon Clint,everyone makes SUCH a big deal about 250 lbs.. That's only like having a passenger in my car.. That's a car length or 1/10 of a second.. See what they did to the vette.? Looks like they chopped it in 1/2.. LOL!! no thank you.

LETS SEE THE POWER.... That's not saying loosing weight isn't bad.. You're swinging on Greg401's ******* too much. :) LOL!!!

G

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More power is good, but what I think it needs is the comp coupe bodywork. Too bad that isn't going to happen.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since there is a $20-25k difference between the Viper and the Z06, I think DC owes it to us to add a little carbon fibre and other weight reduction goodies as well as the 625-650 hp. Exclusivity alone is not justification for the price difference because the market has changed.

The cost of producing carbon fibre and other lightweight components will go down as demand increases for this technology in all car makes to save weight.

Vipers, by definition, are an over the top supercar for under $100k. The Gen IV needs to carry this on or face extinction. Even if this happens, I will still love mine. Nobody looks at a Shelby Cobra and thinks it is a POS just because a few cars today are faster.

I sense DC has something awesome in the works and like Warfang mentioned is hush to keep sales steady on the Coupe. :2tu:

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why is it, that the people ******** about a 625-650 hp Viper,all drive 450 hp gen2's (scratches head)

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good points about weight reduction and increase in HP for the upcoming '07 viper. I really hope the Gen IIII will be all those things along with a new *Breathtaking* "radical" design.. :2tu: :2tu: :usa: :usa:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it, that the people ******** about a 625-650 hp Viper,all drive 450 hp gen2's (scratches head)

It is the dutiful mantra of every Viper owner to request more HP.

When we get 650 HP we will still want more. That's Viper.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simply have an outside supplier (like Chevy does with the Z06) build an aluminum chassis to replace the steel one. Instant weight savings, AND they can clear out the part of the Conner plant that builds the frames and covert it to Firepower production.....smart.

rbarta

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hmmmmm. Why not 625 hp, higher rev limit, more aggressive gearing AND save 250lbs through aluminum frame (200lbs), carbon fiber(30lbs), exhaust crossover removed (10lbs), remove trunk carpeting (5lbs)? Ok, that's only 245lbs.

300lbs is not like a passenger. To me 300lbs is like having 3 naked girlfriends in the passenger seat :) and I need that.

I thought you all wanted a minimalist car (no cupholder, no driver nannies, no ABS, no luxury items, no ???). Well, that should have minimalist weight!!!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hmmmmm. Why not 625 hp, higher rev limit, more aggressive gearing AND save 250lbs through aluminum frame (200lbs), carbon fiber(30lbs), exhaust crossover removed (10lbs), remove trunk carpeting (5lbs)? Ok, that's only 245lbs.

300lbs is not like a passenger. To me 300lbs is like having 3 naked girlfriends in the passenger seat :) and I need that.

I thought you all wanted a minimalist car (no cupholder, no driver nannies, no ABS, no luxury items, no ???). Well, that should have minimalist weight!!!

I don't think anyone has insisted that the Viper KEEP it's weight... just that HP increase is sufficient in lieu of weight reduction if it's cheaper to do so. Let's just split the baby in half and say a 100HP increase (instead of 200) and 150lbs weight reduction (instead of 300). :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery