600 rwhp N/A dyno

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a dyno day yesterday for a local car club, www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com. My car put down 600 rwhp and 615 rwtq on 91 pump gas. It basically has the RSI 750 Unlimited Package and I have a VEC2 for tuning. Jason builds one heck of an engine. I really enjoy that instant "snap" of a good N/A engine! :2tu:

OP
OP
K

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go to RSI's website, www.racingsolutionsinc.com and then go to Vehicle Packages, Dodge, Viper Gen2 and then to 750 Unlimited it covers what all is done. Things like cam specs are held secret by Jason, which is understandable, but the engine is 11:1 cr, from what I was told, with ported heads, T&D rockers, forged rods, pistons, headers, etc, etc.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate IE-only web pages. but that aside (and the too-much-flash), 34,900 is a lot of dough for a car.

Let's see...
- motor built to spec w/o viper tax = 6k (including rods, pistons, crank, etc...)
- stryker heads and cam = 7k

where does the remaining 22k go?

JD

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After calculating the $$ per HP...OUCH!!

Dyno run = 600 RWHP
Stock GTS= 420 RWHP
Net Gain = 180 RWHP

$34900/180 = $193 per RWHP!

Compare this to a ROE S/C with a 8lb pulley and headers.

$10,000/180 = $ 55 per RWHP

Bang for the buck is not there IMHO.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice numbers, but for 35K you could have gotten a Paolo or SVS TT package and had 1000+ HP, new wheels, and a venzano interior.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the description of the 750 package..is the displacement increased? It mentions the 510 Stroker crank, but I didn't notice it mention whether or not it has larger pistons?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the 750 mean its supposed to have 750hp at the crank?

If so I would say you are short about 100hp.

OP
OP
K

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, so many experts about others situations on here....

1) The price they charge is expensive. However, I never said I paid that. Truth be known, for the price I did pay, I doubt anyone on here could argue with me on making my decision. I did purchase this used from a close friend, not from RSI directly.

2) Yes, it is a 510 stroker.

3) They do rate this package to be 628 at the wheels, but the difference between their numbers and mine could be lots of different little things. I always thought that the acceptable standard for a manual tranny car is about a 15% loss through the drivetrain.(?) I'm also a novice at tuning these, so I'm sure there is room for some improvement.

4) I like it. The car runs 10's on ****** 91 octane gas. I drive it all over the place. Hell, I drove it about 100 miles today just around town. Horsepower numbers to me, aren't the end-all, be-all of a car. I have lots of friends with cars that make much more power than my car, but only when they are running. They always have some sort of problems or excuses. "Oh, I don't have any race gas." Or, "I have a boost leak", "my bottle is empty", "I need a new belt", blah, blah, blah. The maintenance on my car is about like a stock Viper. It's great!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, you did send people to the web site to get pricing. And since the discussion lately on the forum has been GTS's for under 35k, I think there was some shock when folks saw the package price including a 50x viper tax applied.

1) The price they charge is expensive. However, I never said I paid that. Truth be known, for the price I did pay, I doubt anyone on here could argue with me on making my decision. I did purchase this used from a close friend, not from RSI directly.

Again, you sent folks to the web site. But as long as you are happy, that's all that matters. And it is quite a set-up!

2) Yes, it is a 510 stroker.

For the rest of the world: to get to 510, you need to stroke the motor AND bore the block. usually a .040 overbore with an increased stroke which means new pistons, rods, etc...

4) I have lots of friends with cars that make much more power than my car, but only when they are running. They always have some sort of problems or excuses. "Oh, I don't have any race gas." Or, "I have a boost leak", "my bottle is empty", "I need a new belt", blah, blah, blah.

LOL! I've been there! everyone's got excuses! I've even had some cars with more miles up-and-down than on the odometer!

It's hard to beat a high-compression N/A set-up!

JD

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate IE-only web pages. but that aside (and the too-much-flash), 34,900 is a lot of dough for a car.

Let's see...
- motor built to spec w/o viper tax = 6k (including rods, pistons, crank, etc...)
- stryker heads and cam = 7k

where does the remaining 22k go?

JD

JD maybe its paid to their web site developer.

OP
OP
K

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to go with a Roe blower, but then this deal fell in my lap. I wanted a fast street car that runs on pump gas. I seems to me that the Roe is the best bang-for-the-buck out there, though.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1) The price they charge is expensive. However, I never said I paid that.

you were the one who led everyone directly to the website where the posted cost was $35,000, AND, you were the one who didnt say anything to make us believe you didnt. so what did you expect? :rolleyes:

AND, you even admitted that YOU thought the charge was expensive! right? so why are you giving us a hard time for saying THAT $35,000 was expensive? LOL :bonker:

congrats on spending less. we hope you did. if you are going to post and ask for our opinions, that is fine. but next time provide all the data so we can provide educated opinions based on the facts.

:hitfan: