70 Paxton SRT's Supercharged!

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, we have supercharged over 70 Vipers and SRT trucks so far. Results have been predictable and repeatable over time. We have many cars and trucks with over 30k and no problems. With our tune and minor upgrades to the kit, it is really safe and reliable.

For those interested in installing kits, we offer great pricing and product support. You wont need to call Paxton for advice or warranty help, we will take care of it.

For those interested in a higher level of performance, we offer packages up to 1100 plus
hp. We also can work with you on a balanced system that includes brake, suspension, driveline and safety upgrades to handle the extra power.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance
310-841-6996

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi dan i have a 06 blk with silver stripe vert,i got ur business card on my wiper where it was parked in santa monica.having a supercharger system with an upgraded exhaust what type of gains are usally made?
thanks
adam

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got more mine is making 704 at the wheels. With the DLM cooler I can hold on to that number when Hot!!

Viper 24

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What boost is everyone running to get 700 rwhp? I am running 6 lbs and came away with 640 rwhp (sae). I am considering 8 lbs with the pully mod, but not sure if I am going to create engine problems?? Like to get some feedback from Dan C. or Mark J. on this topic.

Dan Cragin installed my Paxton back in 2005 - no problems. His work is superb!

jm

Reaction score
The standard kit should be making 7.5 plus pounds at 6000 rpm. If you are only seeing 6 then I would look for hose issues or maybe the bypass valve leaking. Could also be time for a new belt/tensioner. We have yet to see a car that made less than 720 flywheel HP with the standard kit. On a Mustang dyno this is about 595 RWHP.

Mark J.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I loose 3psi on my supercharged cars at a mile high. Turbo cars can keep most of the boost because of the waste gates. As long as the turbos can flow more air.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
running 630 hp at the wheels are you guys using headers?what does it do with just a cat back and the supercharger kit to the wheels.on a hot day is the eng temp running normal?
im really thinking about adding the supercharger to my 06 vert.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Running hot is not a problem. But heat soak is when the engine gets hot you loose a ton of hp with a supercharged car. I bet I used to loose more than 100hp with heat soak. With my oversized DLM intercooler I loose half that. So lets say my car ran 704 to the tires cold and after running it over and over I bet it would go down to 580 600 at the tires. That is why it is critical to get that better cooler.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kenric did you upgrade your exhaust system?if i went with the dlm cooler and the paxton supercharger with a catback system what approx hp gain am i expected?
thanks

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam, I did the cat back Corsa I have not dynoed with new exhaust yet, but I have heard 15 to 25 hp. i just did it for the sound and weight.

Badazzv8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this look right to everyone? I'm not seeing numbers anywhere near what you guys are talking about. Over 600rwhp with no other mods??????????

SAE corrected 567 rwhp, 522 rwtq

You must be registered for see images
\

You must be registered for see images

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mustang dyno numbers are almost ALWAYS lower than the Dynojet numbers. I think some said 10-15% lower, but do a search here to be sure. Regardless, the Dynojet numbers are what everybody uses when comparing notes. I wouldn't worry about the one above, as it is probably within the specs most people see...