732 RWHP / 670 RWTQ Thanks to DC Performance and Woodhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And good luck to you GTS ACR. You aren't Black Mamba but you held your own for a short while. Have fun at the track.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol.. Well maybe it wont be this whole 'the world is going to end and your engine is going to blow up' or 'you're lieing' thing this turned out to be. I gave the exact numbers I got from Dan on the phone. I knew nothing about this 'dyno pack' change. Last time I was there it was dyno jet, so I rightfully assumed that it was still a dyno jet.

I guess this takes the mystery out of it all.. Or maybe someone can find some conversion for dyno pack to dynojet. And we can compare apples to apples, as I thought we were originally :(

I guess it is what it is..

Jon

Hey Jonny...how about we run down to our usual dyno (which is a dyno jet) and see who put's down the bigger number....looser buys lunch. I'd like to see if my "pop can"is still holding pressure anyway ;)

Last edited:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If both fuels run at least a little rich, timing isn't changed, then fundamentally it should make the same power.

but...

you never know for sure because if one fuel (could be either octane) is closer to stoichiometric it will have a quicker bang. Or the other fuel could be farther away (richer) and the excess fuel cools the intake charge for a bigger bang. which is better, Quicker or Bigger... which gets into combustion chamber shape, crank angle geometry, and other reasons I'll come up with to say that it shouldn't matter but probably does.

If you knew more about the two fuels beyond octane I could make up some more excuses. ;)

hmmm...maybe I should have just asked how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop....the world may never know:crazy2:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Find out if we can get some dyno time this week !!

I'll pull the tentioner !! Its probably busted just like yours was, so we might not even need to unscrew it :)

Jon

I got ahold of the dyno guy. we are set for 1:00pm you better get to pulling that tensionor buddy boy...it's either on the car or off the car. I pay if the tensionor off.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this is "MY" dyno guy, I'll get the files and of course I'll post the results....even if my pop can has lost some fizz ;)

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got ahold of the dyno guy. we are set for 1:00pm you better get to pulling that tensionor buddy boy...it's either on the car or off the car. I pay if the tensionor off.

To do it right, don't you think we should do a run with it on, and then a run with it off?

I mean if you really want to 'test' it, then we can. Otherwise, why do this?

Are we just dyno 'racing to see who pulls the higher score?

They agreed to do both cars within that window? Call me, lets get this cleared up.

Jon

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to test the tesnioners effectiveness, you need to test it on the car and completely off the car. With it merly loose it is still preventing the tensioner from bouncing back an forth.

there is no window. I said I'd be there around 1 with two cars.

so pick one, I buy and you pull the tensioner off or lowest dyno number buys lunch...I didn't even get a chance to sneak my pcm to Dan so I'll be running with the same tune I've had all year.

either way you could be a winner, even thought you're a loos...uh never mind :) ..!..

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to test the tesnioners effectiveness, you need to test it on the car and completely off the car. With it merly loose it is still preventing the tensioner from bouncing back an forth.

there is no window. I said I'd be there around 1 with two cars.

so pick one, I buy and you pull the tensioner off or lowest dyno number buys lunch...I didn't even get a chance to sneak my pcm to Dan so I'll be running with the same tune I've had all year.

either way you could be a winner, even thought you're a loos...uh never mind :) ..!..

1st thats what I am saying. This whole 'test the tentioner's worth thing' is your idea. Since Dan has thrown in a new variable that it was a dynopack vs a dynojet, we will have no 'scientific comparison' to go by. And lord knows we dont need anymore posts by babbling bob about how we didnt have a 'control' test.

So if you want to dyno my car WITH the tensioner on the car, and then take it off and dyno it again, and see what if any power difference there is, then we'd have something concrete to go with.

Otherwise, taking off my tentioner and dynoing does what?

I say Doug FROM DLM should say, "I'll pay for the independent test" right? After all he says his sheet works, why not put money where his mouth is?

If you just want to dyno my car and compare it to yours, cool. If you want me to pay to dyno my car again, thats not going to happen, its a waste of money. If you or anyone else on this forum wants to pay to have it dyno jetted, I'll be there with bells on to give them their data. As far as I am concerned I already have mine.

You pay, I'll play!

Jon

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st thats what I am saying. This whole 'test the tentioner's worth thing' is your idea. Since Dan has thrown in a new variable that it was a dynopack vs a dynojet, we will have no 'scientific comparison' to go by. And lord knows we dont need anymore posts by babbling bob about how we didnt have a 'control' test.

So if you want to dyno my car WITH the tensioner on the car, and then take it off and dyno it again, and see what if any power difference there is, then we'd have something concrete to go with.

Otherwise, taking off my tentioner and dynoing does what?

I say Doug FROM DLM should say, "I'll pay for the independent test" right? After all he says his sheet works, why not put money where his mouth is?

If you just want to dyno my car and compare it to yours, cool. If you want me to pay to dyno my car again, thats not going to happen, its a waste of money. If you or anyone else on this forum wants to pay to have it dyno jetted, I'll be there with bells on to give them their data. As far as I am concerned I already have mine.

You pay, I'll play!

Jon

I said if the tensionor comes off completely, I'd pay. Or if you want to leave the tensioner alone and see who pulls the bigger number, looser buys lunch. If you don't feel like dynoing at all let me know. I'd like to let the dyno guy know sooner than later if we are not going to make it.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh well those two could only handle being polite to each other maybe 5 minutes, been a soap opera ever since:eater:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Dan has thrown in a new variable that it was a dynopack vs a dynojet,

I do not think that Dan threw in a new variable. He tends to be a very professional and precise individual. It is far more likely that you made an incorrect assumption and ran with it to your posting detriment. Trying to blame your own error on Dan is inappropriate. He has contributed a great deal to the Viper community.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said if the tensionor comes off completely, I'd pay. Or if you want to leave the tensioner alone and see who pulls the bigger number, looser buys lunch. If you don't feel like dynoing at all let me know. I'd like to let the dyno guy know sooner than later if we are not going to make it.

As we talked last night, there is little point in me doing a non tensioner run, instead a pre and post tensioner dyno run to validate DLM/Your believe that these things work great (when they dont break apart like a 2 dollar watch) would be the only value.

I've blewn enough money on the car recently that it just seems even more wasteful to get dyno runs in for something I dont care about. The whole point in this thread before it went off on a tangent was to THANK Woodhouse and DC performance for all they did to get the car where it is. That still stands, much like my dyno numbers do, becuase they were not lies, they were not 'wrong' they are the numbers that are gotten from a dynopack.

I still thank Dan and Mark for all they did..

If you want to dyno today, I'll go with you.. but paying for me to dyno again, is wasteful on my part.

Give me a call!

Jon

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Dan has thrown in a new variable that it was a dynopack vs a dynojet,

I do not think that Dan threw in a new variable. He tends to be a very professional and precise individual. It is far more likely that you made an incorrect assumption and ran with it to your posting detriment. Trying to blame your own error on Dan is inappropriate. He has contributed a great deal to the Viper community.

Bob bob bob... I assure you Dan did not indicate he was using a dynopack. I am not calling him a liar, I am simply saying he and I had a break down in communications. I know as well as you know that Dan is on this board, if I was going to misrepresent Dan, dont you think I would be more worried about breaking our working relationship then posting false numbers? In the end those numbers still stand, not a single lie in them, they simply were dynopack numbers and not dynojet. Sorry again your numbers are inferior, even compared to my old dyno jet ones (post here before) of 692 rwhp.

Bobby with his little boost knobby isn’t too happy. Sorry Bob all the slander towards me will not make up for the inadequacies of your car.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess I should chime in here. The tune was done on our new Dynapack dyno. This dyno is really slick as it allows us to bolt up to the hubs on the car without the wheels on. This eliminates any wheel spin and gives us great load control for tuning. This new dyno reads much higher than our Dynojet. Most likely John's car would be closer to 700rwhp on the Dynojet.

The custom tune we do consists of a boost referenced split second calibration and a custom tune of the factory JTEC engine controller for the best air fuel. There is a lot we can do with the JTEC to improve the tune.

I hope this puts the numbers in perspective,

This made my day !!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

:nana::irony::mf::pigsfly::clap2::hitfan::slap:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So Jon, you going to dyno on a dynojet and see if you can truly break the 700rwhp mark?

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Jon, you going to dyno on a dynojet and see if you can truly break the 700rwhp mark?

Yup........ I'll say this, those people that actually know me, know I would not lie. Am I an unpleasant at times? You bet ya. I never set out to misslead people, when I say that I got X numbers, its because thats what I understood from the conversation. I posted what Dan Told me, and there still is not a single lie in there. I never said it was on a dyno jet (I dont think), although I certainly thought it was, those numbers are actual, but apply to a dynopack.

Believe it or not, the only reason I am doing this, is because of the one thing I do care about. My word. It seems folks consider it a lie, even though I dont understand why. But if to 'correct' or 'show I wasnt attempting to lie' or 'wasnt lieing' I have to get the car re-dyno'd. I'm going to do it.

No bet with Kurtis, no one pays for it but me. I'll get it done, Kurtis is checking on his guys and I am checking on my guys and I'll free disclose the information here once I have it.

Everyone else can still kiss my ass, if I dont like me, I still dont care... but I dont lie.

Jon

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On that note, I'm closing the thread as it has gone off-topic via the personal attacks, profanity and ill-will posts. Those specific posts have been removed and the offenders have been warned.

Thanks,
- Tony

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi