8000k HID pics?

EMnuke123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So ive been reading all the threads on HIDs and im ready to pull the trigger but i cant decide between the 6000k or 8000k. ya maybe the blueish look is sometimes ricy but sometimes it looks good. But i havnt seen a pic of a 8000k on a viper, does anyone have one?

has anyone switched from one to the other due to the look?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mine is 6000K which was too blue. From a distance they look bright as hell coming at you but siting in the driver's seat it was almost worthless. Your eyes can only see certain spectrum of light, anything over 6000k is almost like driving with black lights.

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did put it on my truck and GTS. I'll take a picture tonight when I get home. I like it driving at night. It is almost as bright as our X5 if not brighter :2tu:

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's the pictures..... I will be doing my fog lights too but also thinking of putting a gen. 3 fog lights.... Decision Decision Decision.....Hope this help. It is brighter in person than the picture.

You must be registered for see images attach

GTS GMC Yukon XL X5

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference in distance and output of visible light between 6k and 8k HID's is minimal. Yes the 6k lighting travels further, but not enough further to decide against purchasing them. Even 12k lighting still travels a significant distance with minimal loss. As far as your eyes only catching a certain spectrum of light that is true to an extent. Compared to stock lighting 6k is well over 20 times brighter then the gen 2 halogens. I felt very unsafe driving my viper when I first got it because I could not see anything. The 8k's at least gave me a lot more viewing distance. If I can I will post the photo with mine later. At work at the moment.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree with AB, had 8k's on my ram truck and couldnt wait to get them off. ya cant see at night with them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang