820 RWHP and climbing.....

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 780 RWHP and climbing.....

780 RWHP on stock fuel system :eek: great, tell me your secret "Mixing fuel with K-y" :D lol Joking. Congrats! :2tu: keep us updated.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good luck , well at least anyways, you've been able to acheive what every tuner in the viper world hasn't been able to do with the stock fuel system
:2tu:

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Have not achieved anything yet. That 780 rwhp is only at 4800 rpms. That is when I do run out of fuel. :( I am in the process of installing the fuel system now. :2tu: I am not sure what the top rwhp will be when the motor gets all the fuel it wants. :eek: I will keep you posted. ;) Matt :headbang:

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have not achieved anything yet. That 780 rwhp is only at 4800 rpms. That is when I do run out of fuel. :( I am in the process of installing the fuel system now. :2tu: I am not sure what the top rwhp will be when the motor gets all the fuel it wants. :eek: I will keep you posted. ;) Matt :headbang:

If you say 780 rwhp @ 4800 rpm isnt achieving anything well then you are fairly green in the performance world.Making that kind of Hp at that RPM on a state of the art fuel system would have me bouncing off the walls.This would mean that at lets say 5850 you should be good for around 850+(conservative) if fuel were not an issue.And this is how many psi and stock internals.I need your "mechanic" here.This is not meant to be flame just reality.Either he has truly found the magic bullit or something is not even comming close to adding up.I was unable to view the Dyno sheet.I have to say that i wish i had the time to call you on your bet because even if i lost i would learn what it takes to produce this and make my money back ten fold.....Just for the sake of piece of mind and reality.you may want to try an unrelated Dyno facility.I truly believe that you do think these #s are accurate and do not doubt your sincerity but we are adding 2+2 and getting 6.

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

When I said I have not accomplished anything yet I meant that it is not capable of running over 4800 rpms w/o running out of fuel. :( It will get the fuel it wants soon with the new fuel system. :2tu: I really do not have any internals. I have the paxton with small pulley, bigger injectors and fuel rails along with tuning program. That is it believe it or not. :confused: As for the Mustang dyno comment whoever you are. :rolleyes: Mustang dyno's are 15% lower than Dyno-Jet's, smart guy. :smirk: By the way we are using an in ground brand new Dyno-Jet. :2tu: Matt :headbang:

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BLOWNGTS,

I dont know why you are getting so upset with some of the posts. No one here is trying to insult or call you a liar, what they are trying to do is help.

No one has ever been able to even come close to your numbers with a stock fuel system. So logic dictates that either everyone is wrong or just your test data/info.

Now please answer my earlier posted question, do you have the paxton dual pump setup and FMU?

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Never saw your earlier question my apologizes. :p The answer is yes, we have the dual pump setup and FMU from Paxton on the car right now. We are running out of fuel at 4800 rpms at 780 rwhp. The new fuel sysytem should be on in the next 10 days with any luck. Hope this helps. Matt :headbang:

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BlownGTS... What are you doing to rectify the fuel issue??? It seems to me that everyone here is puzzled by the numbers and the fact that your engine is still together. Even if you get fuel issue worked out what are you going to do about the connecting rod issue?

DChan415

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He just said many times that he's using dual pumps and FMU from the paxton kit as well as 50# injectors. So his fuel system is not "stock" at all. I believe his numbers are very possible with his fuel system. Smart or reliable, no, but thats another issue.

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Danny and Proracer. The rod issue if there becomes one will be delt with then. I am not going to be racing this car or driving it hard everday. I think from what I have learned the rods, while a weak link, will do the job. When I commented that the fuel system was stock I was refering to the stock pump and no return system Danny. I stated from the get go I had bigger injectors. The dual pump system from Paxton is only a slight improvement over stock. I only put them on to see what the rwhp would be before it ran out of fuel. :confused: I did not expect them to be able to handle 800 rwhp. I am sorry I got everyone so stirred up on this board, that was not my intention. :( I appreciate the constructive critisim and help from a few of you guys. :2tu: I still think for what I expect this car to be and do it will be dependable and reliable. :) I never wanted a race car for the circuit or a car that will be driven hard everyday. If it breaks I will fix it, no worries. :D Hopefully it will be ready this week if all goes well. Matt :headbang:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here's what's involved with new rods; Oliver rods anyway. This is their reply to my inquiry:

"Most of the rods that we sell for Vipers are standard Chevy 6.125" rods. When these are used, because the Chevy crank and the Viper crank are different sizes, either the crank or the rod must be changed.
We can open up the big end of the rod to accommodate the Viper bearing, but the bearing tang locations are also different so we have to machine new tangs on the other side of the bore.
Rather than doing this, most people grind the crank to Chevy size. This does several things, some of which are, if the crank is machined correctly, you end up with a better piece with better tolerances and finish than the factory piece.
Next, because of the popularity of Chevy racing parts, you end up with a better selection of bearings. For pistons, we recommend either CP or Ross. I hope this helps. Let us know if we can be of any other service.
Thank you for considering Oliver for your racing parts needs. "

Keep up the good work and R&D blown GTS!

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Damn, if everything works out well for you, especially with the power you already have down low, your car is going to be just sick. Hows the torque curve on the dyno so far (unless you posted it and I missed it)?

Sounds like you have a good mechanic, but good luck with everything.

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Here's what's involved with new rods; Oliver rods anyway. This is their reply to my inquiry:

"Most of the rods that we sell for Vipers are standard Chevy 6.125" rods. When these are used, because the Chevy crank and the Viper crank are different sizes, either the crank or the rod must be changed.
We can open up the big end of the rod to accommodate the Viper bearing, but the bearing tang locations are also different so we have to machine new tangs on the other side of the bore.
Rather than doing this, most people grind the crank to Chevy size. This does several things, some of which are, if the crank is machined correctly, you end up with a better piece with better tolerances and finish than the factory piece.
Next, because of the popularity of Chevy racing parts, you end up with a better selection of bearings. For pistons, we recommend either CP or Ross. I hope this helps. Let us know if we can be of any other service.
Thank you for considering Oliver for your racing parts needs. "

Keep up the good work and R&D blown GTS!

Thank you for the information and positive post. :2tu: It is quite refreshing to actually see a positive post on this board for a change. Matt :headbang:

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Damn, if everything works out well for you, especially with the power you already have down low, your car is going to be just sick. Hows the torque curve on the dyno so far (unless you posted it and I missed it)?

Sounds like you have a good mechanic, but good luck with everything.

Damn, another positive post. Thanks man! :2tu: I appreciate the support. Really nice to have some good feedback instead of "flaming". :confused: The dyno is posted in earlier post. It is an early one where we were just testing the fuel support but still good numbers up to 4800 rpms. Right or wrong I am having fun and will continue to keep everyone posted. :D Matt :headbang:

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BLOWN, plain and simple, just post the slip when you get it. You won't be able to convince some people any other way. And ocne you show these doubters what's up....I doubt you will hear any dissen anymore...congrats.

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Blown....Just so you know I have had many conversations with Kevin to help him out.....He sounds like a great mechanic. Even if they specialize in 'Stangs....This is a learning curve for him as well. No doubt your car is putting up great numbers. If you are not going to race your car or drive it hard, Why push the limits? You get so defensive, all I'm trying to do is help you out, as is every one else on the board. You cant put 700 RWHP to the ground so what good is 800+ All you do is put more stress on intenals. Just one opinion. and you know what they say about opinions.

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks for the post. I apprecate any help you have given Kevin. He is a stand up guy. :2tu: I am sure once we get everything together we will end up de-tuning the car, maybe around 700 or 750). I appreciate the input, it is a point well noted. Matt :headbang:

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Update. Fuel sysytem almost complete. Hope to be tuning next Saturday. Talked with most Viper tuner shops and all had nothing but good things to say about my set up. Matt :headbang:

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Where's they dyno numbers?

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Matt who came up with you fuel set up...Where did you get the idea to do what you did? What did you do by the way

V

vegasviper

If an intercooler was provided for Roe SC, can 13psi be done?

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gerald and Janni, let me get this right you are saying 9 to 1 is dangerous? :confused: By standard defintion that would be very rich. Dumba**! :eek: Figure out what you are talking about before your next post. :mad: Gerald since you don't know anything more than an armchair quaterback call your "level 2" mechanic or Heffner or Paxton or anybody that knows anything and they will also tell you 9 to 1 is rich. You people need to take a crash course in engines. I do not know much but damn you make me look smart. Again, Charlotte is not far for you Janni, and Gerald I am not sure where you are but come to my shop and bring your wallet anytime. Pleeeezzzzeeee! Matt :headbang:

Talk about getting OWNED!
:D :D :D

Congrats on the power and post the numbers when you get everything straighented out.

Best of Luck :2tu: