94' Rent-A-Car LeMans RT/10's--where are they now?

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, not normal. Some months ago I was offered these models for a lot less if I'm right.

That's what I meant with let me know.......

I have a unbuilt set of a 96 Hennessey RT/10
Nice model, but very small so I wouldn't buy it for a lot of money.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this talk about the Rent-A-Car team and I just couldn't resist...so I just bought the Minichamps version of #40 (red) that is 1:43 scale. Once I receive it, I'll decide if it is different enough (better?) than the Universal Hobbies versions I have of both cars.

1:43 Minichamps : DODGE VIPER Le MANS 1994 #40 - eBay (item 150553832587 end time Feb-05-11 06:12:46 PST)

Its seems, from the photos, that the Minichamps uses a different shade red, Universal Hobbies uses and flourescent red.
You must be registered for see images attach

This is the Universal Hobbies version of #40...not sure if color difference is due to lighting.

I must say, IMHO, I see few of the Universal Hobbies versions for sale on Ebay than I do for the Minichamps.

Too bad nobody made a 1:24 scale series!

For anyone still interested in the Bburago 1:24 die cast kit of #40, there is one still on Ebay...and cheap - no bids, still at US$9.00!

Bburago Dodge Viper RT/10 LeMans 1992-1:24-NIB-Rare - eBay (item 220734001088 end time Feb-09-11 14:57:52 PST)

Last edited:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, question: Did anyone produce a 1:24 scale version of these cars?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter, it is a 100% nobrainer that the Minichamps beat the Eagle's Race cars hands down!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, I couldn't resist when I saw that it was on US$19 compared to the much higher prices I have seen in the past for Minichamps ...one reason that I originally bought the Universal Hobbies series. Certainly, from a paint finish standpoint, the Mini is far nicer.

Not sure what is out there in RT's that I want, have most even the Revell Master's Red RT. So, thought if there were 1:24 versions, might be cool.

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1:24's are only available from rebuilt GTS/R's with a decalset. I've seen some nice ones.... but they don't make it compared to rebuilt AutoArts....

Yes, they are out there!

danfromohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1:24's are only available from rebuilt GTS/R's with a decalset. I've seen some nice ones.... but they don't make it compared to rebuilt AutoArts....

Yes, they are out there!
Actually, Burago makes a metal kit of a 1/24, but the wheels are wrong ( they are the regular 3 spoke RT10 wheels) and there is no hard top.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, saw the Bburago kit on Ebay (right now), but it is just their regular RT/10 with a decal set....not right, so why buy it?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice GTS, lots of detail...but, for me, I am only interested in RT's and it seems that the Rent A Car Systeme team was the only well known RT racing team.:( I have never seen or heard of another team that raced RT's that any of the die cast companies have produced replicas of.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, just received the 1:43 scale of #40 and I have to dispute the "hands down" comment that MiniChamp is that much better than the Universal Hobbies.

The two areas where they differ are the wheels, dull on the UH version and the paint...also slightly less shiney that the Minichamps version. The color is a little richer on the Minichamp car, but almost unnoticeable. Also, the way the side pipes are done is different, but neither one seems to be totally accurate.

Everything else is pretty much the same.

So, I'm not sure that the price difference between the two is justified...unless, you are buying because of market value. As, I know Minichamp cars are highly collectable and that is what drives it's price.

When I can, I will take a pic of the two side by side.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My four rent a car vipers....

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While looking for pictures from the Original FFSA contender I just bought a Provence Moulage model I found a nice set of Flickr pictures I just HAD to share with you here....

This one goes way back in time.... 1996 Le Mans.
As you can see no specific GTS/R engine.

The set also showed how some of the 1997 Le Mans 60-numbered GTS/R's ended.... this is chassis C7....

Anyway... curious? Check out the full set @
Flickr: Search Wannig's photostream

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang