94' Rent-A-Car LeMans RT/10's--where are they now?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geeze those pictures are a real treasure trove and should absolutely get a story in Viper Magazine!!

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burago also made die cast Viper model car kits of both the #40 and #41 LeMans Vipers. They were offered in 1/24th and 1/43rd scales. The kits included all of the Rent-A Car decals. They were being sold at Walmart about 5 years ago.

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burago also made die cast Viper model car kits of both the #40 and #41 LeMans Vipers. They were offered in 1/24th and 1/43rd scales. The kits included all of the Rent-A Car decals. They were being sold at Walmart about 5 years ago.

I have one of those, mine came in black. I still have the box somewhere but the model is tucked away with some others.

--RS

MKvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember these cars from the first two Gran Turismo games on PlayStation.

I also read that they ran the same tires front & rear, from the pics I can see it's true. I wonder why they did that?

Does anyone know how these cars placed in their races?

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics, super awesome. The carbon fiber wheel arches and centerlocking hubs/wheels. . . drool.

Nick

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the 1/24th Burago Kit worth these days? I have mine, its never been out of the box.

Not much I'm afraid..... something like 25 euro at most.

The original SMS (rebuilded RT/10's from Bburago to the 94 RT/LM's) are worth the most!
I've seen them sell for anything up to € 250,- each!!!!!!!
So.... I'm curious how much they would sell for today.

Kurt

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Not much I'm afraid..... something like 25 euro at most.

The original SMS (rebuilded RT/10's from Bburago to the 94 RT/LM's) are worth the most!
So.... I'm curious how much they would sell for today.

I would love to see one or both of the SMS cars become available! I've been looking for a long time, but they sure are hard to find!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey you and me both brother! I've got a lead on an equally rare model of #41 from a different manufacturer, just need to hear back from the seller about it :)

I would love to see one or both of the SMS cars become available! I've been looking for a long time, but they sure are hard to find!

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Willem be carefull that you're not getting scammed! As you know I have both SMS cars.... so if you want shoot me a PM and I'll have a look at the car your possibly to buy.
I don't need it anymore.... so happily help you!​

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[The original SMS (rebuilded RT/10's from Bburago to the 94 RT/LM's) are worth the most!
So.... I'm curious how much they would sell for today.[/quote]

I am confused about what you are referring to in your message...

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DSC07618xxx.jpg

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Steve911, I'm curious what they would sell for today.
I consider these models as the most valued ones in my collection, so I'm always curious to find out if they are worth more.

Not really open for an offer I'm afraid. Although....when someone comes that makes an offer noone would really reject. So never say never ;)

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Arjen but I'm good :2tu: How about that complete list of Minichamps GTS-R's and maybe Eagle's Race Vipers as well?

Willem be carefull that you're not getting scammed! As you know I have both SMS cars.... so if you want shoot me a PM and I'll have a look at the car your possibly to buy.

I don't need it anymore.... so happily help you!​

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*** 80.90 someone needs to be administered to a mental hospital for life!!!
I was bidding on that also but after reaching well over $30 it became a little insane for me for such a tiny model.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed! I was watching but the was amazed at how much this (little)thing went up to. Good luck to them, hope they bough a magnifying glass to go with it!:crazy2:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Started making my small display (by comparison) of my RT's in my garage. Still not sure where I want it to be, but it is on one of the new shelves out of reach of my kids (and their friends). Seems that my two Rent-A-Car 1:43's are sufficient (Universal Hobbies, not Minichamps).:eater:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang