'94 RT/10 Engine Question

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\'94 RT/10 Engine Question

I have owned my '94 Viper RT/10 for well over a year and have never had any problem with it. However, the car recently demonstrated some "sluggishness" in the lower gears. Although the car did not actually stall on me, it did not have the normal brisk acceleration that it normally has. This is especially true when I use the "1st to 4th gear shift" when prompted by my indicator light. I typically drive the car about 100 - 150 miles per week. Do you have an idea what may be wrong? Thanks for any help that you can give me.

SNK BIT in WA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \'94 RT/10 Engine Question

Check the throttle cable adjustments if the power just does not seem "right" to you. My 94 would not stay in adjustment and needed to have the "Fix" (found in the cookbook)done to it. The other suggestions are very good also. One more thing, it may sound stupid but make sure the floor mat is out of the way! It has happened to me......

Still Viperless......till Spring....My motor is back in the car and the hood has had the Official Dodge "Fix" for the hood cracks. I am just waiting on the weather now!

A big thanks to Timberline Dodge!!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Most likley culprit: Plug wires or plugs or both.

JonB

Reaction score

Do what Fred K. said. Also check the torque on your intake manifold bolts. Be sure to follow proper service manual sequence and torque. A couple of months ago, I checked both my '99 ACR, and my '94. The ACR's torque was a little low, and didn't make any noticeable difference after retorquing. But......., I could remove the '94's bolts by hand! I bought this car new in 1994, and always felt it was a bit soft on power. Now, after torquing to the proper specs, it feels noticeably stronger, with better throttle response. I should have checked those bolts years ago.

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks guys. Just for clarification, the car had about 6100 miles when I purchased it in October of 1999. As of January 2001, I have 14000 miles. I drive the car about one or two days a week and I periodically take the car out (about once a month) and run it pretty hard ... i.e. 5500 - 6000 rpm shifts. Again, the car has always been in perfect working condition. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4