95 RT/10 Gas Problems

tiffan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went on a short trip about 100 miles here in Los Angeles area and went to fill up on gas but couldn't put gas in the tank. Pressure build up or something wrong. The gas nozzle kept shutting off, so I couldn't put gas in. Need help.
Thanks

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Several OLD POSTS with SUGGESTED solutions:

My 96RT10's fuel tank will back up and stop filling after every
.5 - 1 gallon. Do other people have venting problems on their
snakes tanks? How can I fix it? It's VERY annoying. Almost as annoying as the side curtains
ANSWER:

turn the fuel filler (dispenser) upside down.....
place the fuel filler in your gas tank filler tube the opposite way you would normally do it....i have problems also....this works for me...

It is a common problem for R/Ts--probably hits me 1 out of 5 times. Hemidaytona, thanks for the "upside down" trick.

Eric,Not sure which fuel filler nozzles they have in GA, but in CA they have this vapor recovery nozzle that is a PITA sometimes. If your local station is using the vapor recovery system, you'll find you can cheat these things by leaving a little air gap at the filler neck, or hold the rubber part back with you finger a bit. This can be station or pump specific too, not all are the same. As I say, don't know if this is the problem you're having or not. Good luck,Eric

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
iF NONE OF THE ABOVE POSTS SOLVE PROBLEM, CONSIDER THAT
fuel filler tube can be a problem as it enters tank...NOT a fix that one can do on the road.

Good luck !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine