96 gts problem?

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am a new viper owner and new to this site. I hade a question about my 96 gts that I just got a couple of months ago. The car has 24k miles on it and has never been beat on. Sometimes when the car is warmed up and I have been driving for a bit, I noticed that the clutch starts to feel as if it is realy not there. It still requires the same amount of pressure to push it but it grabs a lot faster than it normaly would. But it does not do this all the time. I was wondering if that may be a sign of needing a new clutch or if it may be something else. Thanks a lot for all the help.

JiPi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't have any leak, try pumping the clutch 50 times in a row. If it is not working, bleed the system. If it is still not working, then you may have a bad master or slave cylinder.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We just did a slave on a customer's car. It was pretty simple to replace, but it had the exact symtoms that yours did and over time it went out. Look for leaking fluid by the bellhousing of the transmission. CHUCK T saved the day and got me my parts!

OP
OP
S

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We just did a slave on a customer's car. It was pretty simple to replace, but it had the exact symtoms that yours did and over time it went out. Look for leaking fluid by the bellhousing of the transmission. CHUCK T saved the day and got me my parts!

Do you remember about how much the part was?