96 Rt/10 Power steering

checkers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I have been finding slight pooling of liquid of what I thought was oil under my car Dummy me...Went to take a good look at it and have discovered the power steering reservoir is damn near empty. Looked at it closer and it seems to be a line leaking but can not tell which one or if it is the pump. So here is my question. What is the cost of a high pressure line, low pressure line and the reservoir itself. Any idea what a dealer would charge to replace one two or all three parts? I just think I am to old to tackle this project as it is difficult to get to. Thanks.

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My serpentine belt rubbed a small hole in my line. Went to NAPA and they ordered a new hose for 15 dollars. Same exact hose from Mopar was almost $50.00 It was a Gates hose. Turn your wheel all the way to the right or left with engine running and see if fluid shoot out of the hole in the hose. That's what it sounds like.
Good luck.

OP
OP
C

checkers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For everyones information V10PWRD has a good suggestion...NAPA HP power steering hose is $30.00 shipped and the Dodge dealer wants $125.36. I know dealers need to make money but the markup seems excessive. Can anyone help me with the installation of the HP Power steering hose? Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang