96 RT/10 Question

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car only 324 made for the 1996 year almost bought one myself..
415bhp
Gen2 suspension
and blue trim inside..
Baz

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one. i was told they only made 100. Those are the wheels that came with it

Rob

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On my car the lettering is white. Was mine painted over or where those painted white to blue?

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The side/rear emblems aren't original (RikRok is correct, should be white).

They did make 324 white/blue in 96. Only other colors available were black/silver and red. 96's are unique due to them being gen 1.5. Only vipers other than the GT2 to be painted white/blue, other than the 3 GTS painted for Chrysler execs. All stripes "saber" at the end, a 96MY only trait. Rear exist exhaust accounts for 15hp difference over the 92-95 years. Aluminum suspension lifted from it's new for 96 brother the GTS. Hood is smooth, which carried over into the 97 year. Still retains no airbag, OBDI, and side curtains.

White/blue with white (powdercoated) wheels was a factory color scheme. Appears pretty much stock, smooth tubes are added. Stereo/speakers might have been changed. 40K is a tad high for a 96 w/ 19K on the clock IMHO. 96's are funny about their value, seems to be lower than most other vipers, but they're an excellent buy. All the qualities of the original roadster (raw feel), but with a better suspension and rear exit exhaust. What's not to love? :) I had a GTS fascia on mine, made it look much more modern and agressive. Kept the smoothie hood though, looks kinda funny with the naca duct w/ the saber stripes.

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are looking for a clean 96 RT/10, I think Marv Rose still has the one he bought from me. It has 14,000 miles on it, and was kept up by a local Viper Tech (Ted May) for me, and we went over it with a fine tooth comb.

I don't own it anymore, but I know the entire history of the car since I bought it from a friend. It's black with silver stripes.

Check his website in VCA classifieds.