96 Viper GTS Venom 550 - making more mods

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So was my tip helpful or did ya already find someone in your area?

THIS JUST IN! :)

I'm currently speaking with another 3D rendering artist to take over my project. I should know within the next couple of weeks as to wether or not we can work out a deal. I'll keep you all posted! :2tu:

Cheers
Jason

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's official! NO MORE COMPUTER RENDERINGS! :omg: :(

I was speaking to Carter @ Carter Hickman Designs about continuing my project. He was interested but recently declined. I guess he has too many projects on the go and can't commit.

Any way, just wanted to keep all informed.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So how's progress on the engine going? Got the TT kit yet? Finished installing the brake kits?

Took mine out and bedded the new pads and rotors. Big difference in stopping distance with the bigger front brakes. Did a 400mi. trip to town. Tried to get a wheel alignment, but the Viper needs a special alignment machine to reach past the nose. Next time to town I'll be getting an appointment at the GM dealership (gasp) since they're the only shop with the special machine.

I'm waiting for a Fleet discount from my gov insurance co. They've taken 4 weeks so far and told me that once I accept the larger discount it'll take a week to put my policy into the system and then an appointment to cancel and replace all my existing policies with new ones (and a 400mi. drive to exchange all my plates and papers.

Ted

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Progress has been slow. I just recently finished painting the frame. I will post pictures in the next couple of days.

Next step is to fabricate the sub woofer enclosure. I will be starting this project next week.

The reason I haven't made much progress on my Viper is because I've spent most of my time putting together a deal to purchase a super car!!! I've spent a great deal of time dreaming and planning this 'other' project! :headbang:

Cheers
Jason

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Progress has been slow. I just recently finished painting the frame. I will post pictures in the next couple of days.

Next step is to fabricate the sub woofer enclosure. I will be starting this project next week.

The reason I haven't made much progress on my Viper is because I've spent most of my time putting together a deal to purchase a super car!!! I've spent a great deal of time dreaming and planning this 'other' project! :headbang:

Cheers
Jason

Well, share!! What is the new project car? :D

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In these pictures I have removed most of the orginal paint in and around the engine bay area. I wasn't happy with the OEM finish because of how much weld spatter was on the frame.

I used some good ol' aluminum foil to wrap pieces that I didn't want painted. This is the easiest and quickest way to cover parts that you don't want painted. :2tu:

You must be registered for see images

V

Venomiss

In these pictures I have removed most of the orginal paint in and around the engine bay area. I wasn't happy with the OEM finish because of how much weld spatter was on the frame.

I used some good ol' aluminum foil to wrap pieces that I didn't want painted. This is the easiest and quickest way to cover parts that you don't want painted. :2tu:

My only hope is you saved enough to make a Hershey's kiss hat afterward(Signs). We could fit that one in the beefcake thread...:D Very nice work as always!

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Primer has been applied.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lookin good. If it was mine I'd be watching TV while polsihing up the control arms, lol. No, I was just kidding, mine get tons of miles and although I have started 'smoothing' the control arms by grinding off the marks and casting flash, shiny control arms are not in my Viper's future.

I'm smoothing the control arms because smooth surfaces are easier to clean and dirt doesn't stick as well to smooth surfaces. The added benefit is that a few ounces off here and there will add up to some pounds removed and a few pounds of dirt that has no where to stick.

What paint are you going to use? The original paint was a powder coat, wasn't it? I'm amazed every time I climb under my car at the awesome condition of the undercar factory paint. I'll be installing a skip-shift "kit" (2.2K resistor) under my car today.

Keep up the good work.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Top coat has been applied. I used rocker panel coating that will provide a very durable finish. I am very happy with the finished product!!

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some people have asked me, "Why would you repaint a frame that has no damage or wear?" My answer is simple, I am a perfectionist and love the details. I really enjoy trying to make something better.

Another perfectionist is a guy called Shadowman. He is the owner of Discovery Automotive and takes pride in his work. I am absolutely blown away by the care he takes with all his customers cars when they are in his shop. If you want to see a bunch of cool pictures I highly recommend viewing his "Current Projects" on his website Discovery Automotive | AREA 51 Performance for BMW, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati

Any way, I am doing exactly what Shadowman is doing, modifying an all ready high performance sports car to the extreme! Yeeeeehhhhhhaaaaaaaa :headbang:

Hope all enjoy the build :2tu:

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How's about an update?

My wife just gave birth to a bouncing baby girl! :headbang: So I am a little busy with the new addition to our family.

I do apologize for how slow the project has been in the last while. I hope to start on the stereo install soon. Once I start that I will take many pictures for the thread.

Cheers
Jason

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Dad!

Now you'll have a chance to hit the garage at 12:30 AM, 3:45AM and 5:15 AM after feedings...in addition to normal garage hours!

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats Dad!

Now you'll have a chance to hit the garage at 12:30 AM, 3:45AM and 5:15 AM after feedings...in addition to normal garage hours!

LOL!!! :lmao: I now sleep with ear plugs so that I can get a good nights rest. :smirk: It's tough to work on the toys if ya haven't had a good sleep. :D

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your viper was great before you started,WOW!! Its going to be very sharp when your done, I can never get myself started into that on such a nice car! Very nice! What are you going to do with your old wheels? sell? Thanks

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your baby girl. My little girl is now 4 months. Quite the handful combined with at 4 year old boy.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your viper was great before you started,WOW!! Its going to be very sharp when your done, I can never get myself started into that on such a nice car! Very nice! What are you going to do with your old wheels? sell? Thanks

Happy to hear that you like my project! :2tu: I sold the old wheels many moons ago. Sorry :(

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on your baby girl. My little girl is now 4 months. Quite the handful combined with at 4 year old boy.

My girls are 17 months apart. :omg: Makes for busy times. I can't wait until they are old enough to wrench with me in my shop. :)

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want to update members about why my project has been going so sloooow. It's because of two things going on in my life right now.

1st - I am in the process of purchasing a 2006 Ford GT (Tungsten) and have been busy over the past months putting together a deal. I will be modifying this car and creating a new project thread here on the VCA.

Here is a teaser pic of what the car looks like.

2nd - My wife just gave birth to a bouncing baby girl! I now have two beautiful girls!

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that's cool. we have a girl due June 27th as well!

Congrats on the up and coming addition to your family! :2tu:

My girls are so precious to me. I'm pretty sure that they will enjoy going for rides with Dad in his cars. :eater: ;)
My oldest girl already makes car the car sounds brrrrroom, brrrrrroom Absolute magic to my ears! :D

V

Venomiss

I want to update members about why my project has been going so sloooow. It's because of two things going on in my life right now.

2nd - My wife just gave birth to a bouncing baby girl! I now have two beautiful girls!

They are number 1 for sure. Congratulations on your daughter! Both cuties.
You should be very proud.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the up and coming addition to your family! :2tu:

My girls are so precious to me. I'm pretty sure that they will enjoy going for rides with Dad in his cars. :eater: ;)
My oldest girl already makes car the car sounds brrrrroom, brrrrrroom Absolute magic to my ears! :D

If dad ever finds the time to finish his cars that is ;) Congrats, sounds like they get a proper car nut upbringing :D